The Education Forum

The Snipers Nest

Topic Reduntant: but a good gathering of data sources and some ideas. The process is simple.

THERE ARE A FEW HERE THAT SHOW PART OF THE CEILING AND TAKEN FROM IN FRONT OF THE PILLARS...I HAVE ONE SHOWING THE WHOLE EMPTY 6TH FLOOR EMPTY FOR RENOVATIONS BUT THE UPLOAD IT TOO LARGE I WILL TRY TO MAKE IT SMALLER...SOME FOR NOW..B

Bernice, Where is the sketch of the Second Floor landing from?

Thanks,

BK

Presumed Guilty by Howard Roffman

THERE ARE A FEW HERE THAT SHOW PART OF THE CEILING AND TAKEN FROM IN FRONT OF THE PILLARS...I HAVE ONE SHOWING THE WHOLE EMPTY 6TH FLOOR EMPTY FOR RENOVATIONS BUT THE UPLOAD IT TOO LARGE I WILL TRY TO MAKE IT SMALLER...SOME FOR NOW..B

Thanks,

BK

Thanks Todd,

That's an important and often overlooked book by a young student at the University of Pennsylvania (in Philadelphia), that is available online at Dave Ratcliff's site.

Roffman went on to become a personal assistant to a famous film director (George Lucas) and famous himself as a portrait photographer of gay men.

Roffman does a great service by proving Oswald is innocent of being the Sixth Floor Sniper in showing how Baker and Truley provide an alibi for Oswald, although it doesn't stop the institutionalized and official framing of the Patsy by the Warren Report.

Todd, maybe you can answer this one.

How does the Lone Nut mentality get around this?

I will have to reread Bugliosi to see how he deals with it, though I know Gary Mack and David Von Pain time a sprinter over a simlar path and claim that Oswald could have taken the shots, deposited the rifle, desended the stairs and got into the vestibule before Truley and Baker saw him. But in order to do that they have to ignore Dougherty standing by the Sixth floor elevators and the two secretaries descending the same stairs from the fourth floor, and the automatic door closing mechanism that would have the door hit Oswald in the arse if he was still standing by the door window when Baker saw him.

They also have to ignore the undisputed facts that Brennan said the shooter slowly withdrew the gun and stood back for a moment without running away immediately, and the court clerk from across the street saw a man in the Sixth Floor sniper's nest window four minutes after the last shot, while Oswald was drinking his coke. If Oswald was the lone shooter and he was on the second floor, who was that in the window at 12:34 PM?

Then there's the HSCA photo analysis that concludes that a comparison of the Dillard and Powell photos of the Sixth Floor Sniper's Nest indicate that someone moved the boxes by the window sometime between the time the two photos were taken, within a few minutes of the last shot. If they are right, who moved them? The guy the court clerk saw?

Well Todd, what do you have to say about Roffman's analysis?

Thanks,

BK

Edited by William Kelly

That really sums it up well, BK, (I had this crazy thought that some of the shots of the snipers nest are not of the snipers nest at all, but rather of THE snipers nest. Prob way off but there is some funny stuff re the photos.)

Thanks,

BK

Thanks Todd,

That's an important and often overlooked book by a young student at the University of Pennsylvania (in Philadelphia), that is available online at Dave Ratcliff's site.

Roffman went on to become a personal assistant to a famous film director (George Lucas) and famous himself as a portrait photographer of gay men.

Roffman does a great service by proving Oswald is innocent of being the Sixth Floor Sniper in showing how Baker and Truley provide an alibi for Oswald, although it doesn't stop the institutionalized and official framing of the Patsy by the Warren Report.

Todd, maybe you can answer this one.

How does the Lone Nut mentality get around this?

I will have to reread Bugliosi to see how he deals with it, though I know Gary Mack and David Von Pain time a sprinter over a simlar path and claim that Oswald could have taken the shots, deposited the rifle, desended the stairs and got into the vestibule before Truley and Baker saw him. But in order to do that they have to ignore Dougherty standing by the Sixth floor elevators and the two secretaries descending the same stairs from the fourth floor, and the automatic door closing mechanism that would have the door hit Oswald in the arse if he was still standing by the door window when Baker saw him.

They also have to ignore the undisputed facts that Brennan said the shooter slowly withdrew the gun and stood back for a moment without running away immediately, and the court clerk from across the street saw a man in the Sixth Floor sniper's nest window four minutes after the last shot, while Oswald was drinking his coke. If Oswald was the lone shooter and he was on the second floor, who was that in the window at 12:34 PM?

Then there's the HSCA photo analysis that concludes that a comparison of the Dillard and Powell photos of the Sixth Floor Sniper's Nest indicate that someone moved the boxes by the window sometime between the time the two photos were taken, within a few minutes of the last shot. If they are right, who moved them? The guy the court clerk saw?

Well Todd, what do you have to say about Roffman's analysis?

Thanks,

BK

Bill,

Briefly, because this could take hours/days/weeks and I don’t have the time today.

The bottom line is that Roffman makes a lot of fundamental errors in his analysis.

For example, his timing for Baker getting into the TSBD is off because he claims that Baker is not visible in the Weigman and/or Couch films outside of the TSBD and therefore must already be inside the TSBD when those films were taken. That speeds Baker up and makes things worse for LHO getting downstairs in time. But in fact, Baker IS visible in the Couch (and Darnell) films running toward the TSBD entrance and that point can be tied in time to the Zapruder film to establish a time clock from which to work from (which was what Roffman was trying to do in the first place).

I did quite a detailed study and write up on all of this some years ago in which I simulated LHO and Baker’s routes. I accounted for all of the variables, distances stairwells, Brennan’s observations, wiping the rifle, hiding the rifle, etc.. I had LHO getting through the second floor vestibule door a few seconds or so (I’d have to check) ahead of Truly and Baker.

As for the closing mechanism, the SS reconstruction film clearly shows that the mechanism did not hold the door open for a very long period of time. In fact, it closes rather quickly.

Adams and Styles? I think they went down the stairs after LHO.

Dougherty by the 6th floor stairwell after the shots? How far do you want to go with Dougherty’s testimony?

Who was in TSBD 6 #1 at 12:34? I’m not convinced by what Henderson stated that anyone was! She’s the only witness who claims that, maybe she got her floor count wrong.

HSCA’s Dillard and Powell study? It’s flawed, plain and simple.

Todd

and it would click too, wouldn't it?