The Education Forum

SPECTER AND SEINFIELD

Arlen Spector may lose his 30 year Senate seat.

What does a long Senate career for that guy say about America?

I would ask what does it say about the state of Pennsylvania, but I don't think the electorate in PA is any smarter or dumber than in the rest of the country.

It is beyond sickening and abuses the brain to think about this American success story.

Arlen Spector may lose his 30 year Senate seat.

What does a long Senate career for that guy say about America?

I would ask what does it say about the state of Pennsylvania, but I don't think the electorate in PA is any smarter or dumber than in the rest of the country.

It is beyond sickening and abuses the brain to think about this American success story.

The irony, unfortunately, is that Specter--as ruthless as he is--has actually been a better-than-average Senator. He was instrumental in, among other things, keeping Robert Bork off the Supreme Court, preventing a successful impeachment of Bill Clinton, and passing health care reform. Pretty sad that such a lying sack is better than most.

Edited by Pat Speer

THE LAST I HEARD HE WAS TRAILING......http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7011443.html

PAUL WAS ENDORSED BY Sarah Palin... :ice

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7011443.html

PAT PERHAPS IT MEANS THERE ARE TIMES WHEN MOST OF THE PEOPLE CAN BE FOOLED OR CANNOT READ, HEAR OR SEE....OR DO NOT WANT TO, HEY WE HAVE THEM HERE ALSO NOT PERHAPS IN OFFICE AS LONG AND NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE ASSASSIN, BUT SOBS JUST THE SAME...THE WORD IS FULL OF THEM, GREAT BUSNESS BEING A POLITICIAN, ....... B):lol::DB)

To be a politician, first you have you come from a wealthy family that can get you into the best schools or out of the worst trouble. If you can't do that, make sure you step all over your colleagues to get to the top of that big fat lawyers firm, (oh yeah, you HAVE to be a lawyer, because they are so much smarter than the rest of us). Cut a few sweetheart deals? Good, you're qualified! Comb your hair right? Have a gleaming smile? Know how to baffle 'em with your bullxxxx? You got the job!

Edited by Bernice Moore

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/politi...r-94217204.html

Rep. Joe Sestak has knocked off five-term U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter in the Democratic Senate primary, according to the AP.Specter switched to the Democratic side of the aisle last year after casting the critical vote in the Recovery Act. But, many believed he switched parties because he would have lost a Republican primary against Pat Toomey.

Now it seems Specter was done anyway. After nearly five decades in politics this loss likely spells the end for the 80-year-old Specter.

Around 10:15 Specter addressed his supporters as they chanted, "Arlen, Arlen." He was gracious in his concession speech and said he would back Sestak in November.