The Education Forum

That Third Floor Window in the Daltex

This blowup from the Altgens photo gives us an important look at a window on the third floor of the Daltex building where an opening was cut out in the blinds which would have given a sniper there, a way to fire at the President while remaining largely unseen.

That section of the Altgens photo was a bit dark, so I did increase the brightness in order to show more detail. BTW, I seem to have acquired a pair of stalkers recently who follow me around from thread to thread attacking pretty much anything I say, so expect them to jump in and tell you that you can't see anything in that image :D

cords.jpg

This video will provide a more detailed explanation of what was going on then. At the end you can click on a link that will you take you to my presentation which covers attack in Dealey Plaza from start to finish.

Edited by Robert Harris

Another thing I'd point out is the denser light horizontal light wide stripe above the suggested break. A blind like that bunches up from below when hoisted and what is seen is what one should expect.

Another thing I'd point out is the denser light horizontal light wide stripe above the suggested break. A blind like that bunches up from below when hoisted and what is seen is what one should expect.

But the blind could not have been hoisted, or the rightmost cord would not have extended all the way to the base of the window.

I don't think what you take as being the right side cord is a cord. The actual cord in my estimation should be in the shadows.

But the blind could not have been hoisted, or the rightmost cord would not have extended all the way to the base of the window.

Robert, who really cares of a blind cord was broke or not if the window isn't broken or open during the shooting. You really need to get a better print for the window is closed even in the image you have posted ... more discernible in good prints without so much noise in the image.

Also, John is correct in believing in what you call blind chords. In fact, I have never seen blind chords that were not at the far extremity of the window itself.

Bill

I don't think what you take as being the right side cord is a cord. The actual cord in my estimation should be in the shadows.

I think you are correct that the rightmost, vertical strap/cord/unknown object is not positioned as we would expect. However, I cannot think of anything that it could be, other than part of the blinds, can you?

According to Larry Hancock, the third floor was mostly unoccupied on 11/22/63 and was used primarily for storage. "There were a lot of boxes up there", he told me. If Larry was correct, then perhaps there wasn't much concern about installing blinds that were perfectly fitted to each window. Perhaps some of them were actually too wide or perhaps it turned out to be cheaper to install one long set of blinds that spanned both of the adjoining windows.

And the fact remains, that we see a cord on the left side which appears to be broken into a top and bottom section. Can you think of any other explanation for that?

After being a commercial leasee for 14 years, I can assure you that landlords usually do whatever is cheapest more often than they do what is right. If they have to remodel a unit for a new client, they might very well salvage the old window dressings and try to use them in some other unit where it isn't necessary to look good. And if they aren't quite the correct size, then oh well.

This was a storage area in a very old building, John. Do you really find it surprising that the blinds were not perfectly fitted for that window?

Robert, who really cares of a blind cord was broke or not if the window isn't broken or open during the shooting. You really need to get a better print for the window is closed even in the image you have posted ... more discernible in good prints without so much noise in the image.

Also, John is correct in believing in what you call blind chords. In fact, I have never seen blind chords that were not at the far extremity of the window itself.

Bill

Robert, who really cares of a blind cord was broke or not

Oh, I think pretty much everyone cares Bill, except you and Duncan and perhaps a handful of the most radical nutters.

BTW, how does a cord like that just get "broke", Bill?

And may I take that to be a confirmation that you do indeed, see both the cord and the break in that cord, in spite of my horrendous copy of the Altgens photo :rolleyes:

Bill

Robert, who really cares of a blind cord was broke or not

Oh, I think pretty much everyone cares Bill, except you and Duncan and perhaps a handful of the most radical nutters.

And may I take that to be a confirmation that you do indeed, see both the cord and the break in that cord, in spite of my horrendous copy of the Altgens photo :rolleyes:

Ummm.. Bill?

Ummm.. Bill?

Where are these people who care if the chord was broke for I haven't seen anyone say that you have even proven that you see a chord - let alone a broken window. I certainly do not think you have proven your alleged claim at all, so there should be no confusing anything I said that would make you think I agree there is a broken chord. I also fail to see how your asking the same thing over and over without further data being offered as being helpful. Unless you have anything further to add, then there is nothing more to say about it.

Bill

Ummm.. Bill?

Where are these people who care if the chord was broke for I haven't seen anyone say that you have even proven that you see a chord - let alone a broken window. I certainly do not think you have proven your alleged claim at all, so there should be no confusing anything I said that would make you think I agree there is a broken chord. I also fail to see how your asking the same thing over and over without further data being offered as being helpful. Unless you have anything further to add, then there is nothing more to say about it.

Bill

Let's see now. First, you tried to convince everyone that they couldn't see those cords and now you want to convince us that we shouldn't care that someone cut them and created a perfect opening for a sniper.

Great work Bill! I think Duncan really found his soulmate :ice

Ummm.. Bill?

Bill

Let's see now. First, you tried to convince everyone that they couldn't see those cords and now you want to convince us that we shouldn't care that someone cut them and created a perfect opening for a sniper.

I found your assassin, Robert. :)

killer.gif

Awww.. aren't Duncan and his little cartoon characters cute!!

But tell me Duncan, why did you stop telling everyone that they can't see anything in the images I posted? And why do you continue to pretend that you can't see other things that everyone else can see as well?

And why did you tell everyone that you are a conspiracy supporter, when you have never in your life, posted a message that attacked or contradicted the lone nut theory?

I think that instead of cartoon characters, you need to post images that are a bit more consistent with your inegrity :D

duncan.png

Edited by Robert Harris

I hope you are going to do more searching for better images and not take the low road as the disgruntled screwball because this appears to be where you are heading. You've made enough say-nothing responses to have better utilized your time researching.

And yes, I don't see blinds and yes, I said even if one could see them and found one was cut that it wouldn't matter for there is no broken window visible. I said it before and I say it now. To shoot through a closed window makes no sense to start with when so many others were open. There is no record of a window being broken, of anyone hearing or seeing glass falling to the sidewalk, or being found after the shooting. All there is in support of it is your mis-interpretation of the A6 print you are working with.

I agree that wasting forum space with silly childish cartoon characters is senseless.

I also second Duncan's question as to you showing that "everyone" see's what you claim to see. You can start with your 'broken window' claim.

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

I hope you are going to do more searching for better images and not take the low road as the disgruntled screwball because this appears to be where you are heading. You've made enough say-nothing responses to have better utilized your time researching.

And yes, I don't see blinds and yes, I said even if one could see them and found one was cut that it wouldn't matter for there is no broken window visible. I said it before and I say it now. To shoot through a closed window makes no sense to start with when so many others were open. There is no record of a window being broken, of anyone hearing or seeing glass falling to the sidewalk, or being found after the shooting. All there is in support of it is your mis-interpretation of the A6 print you are working with.

I agree that wasting forum space with silly childish cartoon characters is senseless.

I also second Duncan's question as to you showing that "everyone" see's what you claim to see. You can start with your 'broken window' claim.

Bill Miller

Wow!! You need to remember to take those meds, Bill :ice

BTW, how did you confirm that the window wasn't broken?