The Education Forum

Harry, for those of us who can't find CROSSTRAILS, can you tell us what date and on what occasion (public? private?) JFK said this?

I only recall it was said or written in 1963, a researcher will be able to pin point it.

A quick Google search only shows you quoting it on this forum in 2004 and 2005.

I would be very interested to know the source for this striking quote and the context.

If JFK believed this - and it's not out of consonance with other remarks of his - then he really should have ordered the bubble top.

Not to go anywhere near the "It's Kennedy's fault" bandwagon - but did the man have a death wish? Was he daring them to shoot?

I should know this - but was his motorcade and other auto travel in Ft. Worth 11/21-22/63 anywhere near as nonchalant as his last ride?

Edited by David Andrews

Harry, for those of us who can't find CROSSTRAILS, can you tell us what date and on what occasion (public? private?) JFK said this?

I only recall it was said or written in 1963, a researcher will be able to pin point it.

A quick Google search only shows you quoting it on this forum in 2004 and 2005.

I would be very interested to know the source for this striking quote and the context.

Isn't it necessary that research be done back to 1963 to locate the original source?

If JFK believed this - and it's not out of consonance with other remarks of his - then he really should have ordered the bubble top.

Not to go anywhere near the "It's Kennedy's fault" bandwagon - but did the man have a death wish? Was he daring them to shoot?

I should know this - but was his motorcade and other auto travel in Ft. Worth 11/21-22/63 anywhere near as nonchalant as his last ride?

not out of order david others many, have asked the sAME QUESTION, ESPECIALLY AFTER THE DIRECT WARNINGS HE HAD BEEN GIVEN, oops sorry caps.. also some wondered why he would take jackie and possibly expose her to such danger, but it was to be as some say. this below shows only when they left fort worth i believe it was carswell air force base, in the open convertible, there are not many of the motorcade taken there that i have come across, perhap some others will post photos that have a much better view of the protection around them during such, for now take care..fwiw....b

Edited by Bernice Moore