The Education Forum

The Pergola Pavillions

It's Sunday morning, and we've just turned the clocks back in the US. I've looked at the stills and brief footage of the Hesters. I know Jack White's studies of Zapruder on the pedestal contra the light in the window openings, and the flap over the elevation, etc.

But -

Has anybody seen this and related videos by the same poster on YouTube, revolving around figures "visible" in the window openings of the west pavillion of the pergola?

I'm asking in the interest of establishing this as a hoax, since the images teased out of Nix and Darnell by colorization seem too good to be true, and not seen in other shots of the pavillion and Zapruder. The Darnell pergola snippet seems to have been filmed a little too late for the window action purported there, and the placement of the "head" and "hands" of the "gunman" in the isolated still seem suspect.

However -

The pavillions make great "pillboxes" for hiding a quick-action sniper who could conceal his weapon until needed. Plus it's tempting to ask if Bill Hester is guarding the promenade between the pavillions like a goalie.

See 02:50 - 05:45 in this clip. Previous to this is Bill Newman's statement about a shot from the "I-don't-know-what-you-call-it, the 'mall' behind us."

There are other postings by this person in the YouTube page sidebar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP_QwVE29sA

I moved this post from the "Was JFK Really Waving?" thread while people were commenting on it there. Apologies. See their views.

Edited by David Andrews

Ditto Zapruder checked this area out.

A number of witnesses placed shots as coming from this area but has been taken as from the grassy knoll/picket fence area.

Then there's the unidentified cop in long dark coat and woman captured in Bell film walking towards the PO in a few frames with a hat badge as yet unidetified and seemingly the only cop wearing a dark longcoat plus seeming to talk into a handset. His cap passes briefly just in front of Bell a few frames later and the next Bell segment is probably from HDH's office.

Not to open a can of worms, but Doug Horne's last volume posits a simultaneous frontal head hit at the right temple and one from the right side that struck tangential to the right rear skull, causing the occipital-parietal bone loss. Horne pegs the tangential wound to a different firing position, though.

Edited by David Andrews

It's Sunday morning, and we've just turned the clocks back in the US. I've looked at the stills and brief footage of the Hesters. I know Jack White's studies of Zapruder on the pedestal contra the light in the window openings, and the flap over the elevation, etc.

But -

Has anybody seen this and related videos by the same poster on YouTube, revolving around figures "visible" in the window openings of the west pavillion of the pergola?

I'm asking in the interest of establishing this as a hoax, since the images teased out of Nix and Darnell by colorization seem too good to be true, and not seen in other shots of the pavillion and Zapruder. The Darnell pergola snippet seems to have been filmed a little too late for the window action purported there, and the placement of the "head" and "hands" of the "gunman" in the isolated still seem suspect.

However -

The pavillions make great "pillboxes" for hiding a quick-action sniper who could conceal his weapon until needed. Plus it's tempting to ask if Bill Hester is guarding the promenade between the pavillions like a goalie.

See 02:50 - 05:45 in this clip. Previous to this is Bill Newman's statement about a shot from the "I-don't-know-what-you-call-it, the 'mall' behind us."

There are other postings by this person in the YouTube page sidebar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP_QwVE29sA

I moved this post from the "Was JFK Really Waving?" thread while people were commenting on it there. Apologies. See their views.

The maker of this video makes numerous mistakes. At the very beginning, he mislocates the Newmans. He put them on the grass, not at

the curb. He puts the lampposts in their present location, not their 1963 location. His Darnell "shooters" were long after the shooting...many more.

Disregard him.

Jack