The Education Forum

Dan Rather standing position during assassination

Robin Unger

As i understand it, Rather puts his position while waiting for the film toss as somewhere between the Daniel family and the west side of the underpass wall.

While going through Oswald's Ghost Bell frames, i found a frame that looks to show a man seen through the walkway in the underpass wall.

could this be Rather. ?

Click on thumbnail to view full size.

Edited by Robin Unger

McIntire 1

Showing the Daniel family.

As in the Daniel frames they appear to be standing just behind the 2nd street light pole from the overpass wall.

Approx half way between the 2nd and 3rd streetlight poles.

What is the sign behind them. ?

( The one that looks like the Stemmons Sign )

Click to view full size

jfkMcIntire1.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

robin it looks like an old charter bourbon...:unsure:ad b

http://www.missionliquors.com/bourbon/old-charter.html

as far as rambling rather, he was shot down some years back, but a couple of years ago on Lancer some fellas went after his information, and proved he was never there,beyond a doubt, you would have to do a search it should still be on the site, it was a real eye opener...he lied again....b

robin it looks like an old charter bourbon...:unsure:ad b

http://www.missionliquors.com/bourbon/old-charter.html

as far as rambling rather, he was shot down some years back, but a couple of years ago on Lancer some fellas went after his information, and proved he was never there,beyond a doubt, you would have to do a search it should still be on the site, it was a real eye opener...he lied again....b

Hi B

I will check out the Lancer thread !

The sign i am looking at, is the one just underneath the "R" in charter.

It looks very similar to when looking at the back of the Stemmons sign.

I am assuming it may say " off ramp " or something similar.

Click on thumbnail to view full size:

Edited by Robin Unger

As i understand it, Rather puts his position while waiting for the film toss as somewhere between the Daniel family and the west side of the underpass wall.

While going through Oswald's Ghost Bell frames, i found a frame that looks to show a man seen through the walkway in the underpass wall.

could this be Rather. ?

Dan Rather currently places himself at the base of the west side of the Triple Underpass when the shots were fired. It's the second -- and completely different -- version of where he was that day and what he did immediately thereafter. This story began at least in the early seventies. The first was told back in 1964. The two conflicting stories make Dan appear to be the only mentally competent American above the age of twelve at the time of the assassination who doesn't remember where he was or what he was doing when he found out about it. Yet he was in Dallas, coordinating CBS coverage of everything to do with President Kennedy, before and after this tragedy.

Dan couldn't have been in Dealey Plaza. He was at KRLD.

• 2 years later...

could this be Rather. ?

Dan Rather did not even hear the assassination taking place. He told another journalist: “Keep in mind that I had heard no shots. I didn't know what was wrong. I only knew that something appeared to be very wrong... and so I began running, flat out running, sprinting as hard as I could the four blocks to our station... I got through to Parkland Hospital. And the switchboard operator was not panicked but not calm. And very quickly she told me it was her understanding that the President had been shot, and was perhaps dead. And I'll never forget her saying that. And I followed up with that, and tried to talk to one of the doctors and a priest at the hospital, both of whom said that the President was dead. But nobody had said this officially.” (Quoted by Barbie Zelizer, Covering the Body: The Kennedy Assassination, the Media, and the Shaping of Collective Memory, 1992, page 145).

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKrather.htm