The Education Forum

Deep Politics Forum

John,

This does not constitute any legal advice, but I would remove nothing pertaining to contents of "private" emails, unless it can be determined that the authors can prove monetary damages caused by the re-posting of the contents of their messages. Do Myra's postings deprive anyone of royalties or impact the DPF revenue stream?

Ironically, these people who claim to be advocates for transparency are nothing of the sort, when it comes to their own interests. I've deliberately avoided taking any side in the DPF feud, but I do not appreciate intimidating posts in reaction to "the game" not going the way some of our members would like.

Unless you decide it is not worth the risk and the bother of answering baseless lawsuits, one can probably ignore these demands and threats. The receiver of these electronic communications seems to risk very little aside from reputation related, "good form" considerations, by posting the contents.

The problem would be the expense of defending the forum, since it hosted in and most of the DPFers live in the US presumably that is where they would bring suit which would be quite burdensome for John.

JOHN - IIRC Gratz got booted for threatening legal action against the EF, should the Gang of 5 be given the same treatment?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also have my email to you, whichh states basically the same thing. I have sent this to my atty. as well, an expert in patent/copyright law.

Things that are said in confidence are expected to remain that way. I refer you to the "ps" in my email to you, of which no one is aware but the people to whom it pertains. I removed it from those to whom I resent the email; I expect the same from you John.

Thank you, and nice to see the forum back up.

Dawn

Was this an attempt of blackmail on your part? I have no idea what you and Andy communicated by email.

Blackmail?????? Not at all, it was a totally sincere email. That what was said to me via email in confidence remained so, and it was not just about a former member. I thought you were cc'd on the emails but I may be misremembering. At any rate I have not ever discussed it. All I meant was exactly what I said: that private mail should remain so. Period.

Dawn

Blackmail quite often is "totally sincere", threatening to take to sue someone can be considered blackmail. More hypocracy from the DPFers they are proud mirror Wikileaks which makes all sorts of confidential documents public but threaten legal action when their internal e-mails are posted here.

Was it ever indicated the e-mails were confidential?

You also have my email to you, whichh states basically the same thing. I have sent this to my atty. as well, an expert in patent/copyright law.

Things that are said in confidence are expected to remain that way. I refer you to the "ps" in my email to you, of which no one is aware but the people to whom it pertains. I removed it from those to whom I resent the email; I expect the same from you John.

Thank you, and nice to see the forum back up.

Dawn

Was this an attempt of blackmail on your part? I have no idea what you and Andy communicated by email.

Blackmail?????? Not at all, it was a totally sincere email. That what was said to me via email in confidence remained so, and it was not just about a former member. I thought you were cc'd on the emails but I may be misremembering. At any rate I have not ever discussed it. All I meant was exactly what I said: that private mail should remain so. Period.

Dawn

Blackmail quite often is "totally sincere", threatening to take to sue someone can be considered blackmail. More hypocracy from the DPFers they are proud mirror Wikileaks which makes all sorts of confidential documents public but threaten legal action when their internal e-mails are posted here.

Was it ever indicated the e-mails were confidential?

No Len.

No confidentiality/proprietary/etc designations in general.

No stated DPF policy of privileged communications.

Just normal ol' email.

I'd have to look back at each and every mail sent over the span of 2.5 years (thousands probably) to be sure there wasn't the occasional exception, but I certainly don't remember such designations.

I have had these two emails from Jan Klimkowski and Charles R. Drago. Do members think we should delete these postings?

To John Simkin

Myra Bronstein has published details of private and confidential emails at the Education Forum.

This is to inform you that the Education Forum does not have permission to publish details of my private email correpondence, and I hereby request you to remove all such emails, and alleged excerpts of emails, immediately.

Jan Klimkowski

Dear Mr. Simkin,

Please cease and desist from publishing my private-emails. You are doing so without my permission on the Spartacus site, of which you are a co-owner.

Be advised that, should the practice continue, I shall seek all remedies available to me under international and other relevant statutes.

Further, you do not have my permission to publish copyrighted material owned by me. Again, should you do so, I shall seek legal remedies.

Sincerely,

Charles R. Drago

cc:

Dennis J. McCarten, Esq.

Dont remove them John

They are just trying to cover their tracks

You didnt post them John, so I dont think you have anything to worry about

The problem would be the expense of defending the forum, since it hosted in and most of the DPFers live in the US presumably that is where they would bring suit which would be quite burdensome for John.

Well that's just it. They're going to go after anyone in my orbit.

And I'm unwilling to have John in the line of fire, so I was happy to remove the email quotes (which are on, or will soon be on, my website anyway).

The tough talkin' guys can come after me and bluster instead of harassing people because of their proximity to me.

I have had these two emails from Jan Klimkowski and Charles R. Drago. Do members think we should delete these postings?

To John Simkin

Myra Bronstein has published details of private and confidential emails at the Education Forum.

This is to inform you that the Education Forum does not have permission to publish details of my private email correpondence, and I hereby request you to remove all such emails, and alleged excerpts of emails, immediately.

Jan Klimkowski

Dear Mr. Simkin,

Please cease and desist from publishing my private-emails. You are doing so without my permission on the Spartacus site, of which you are a co-owner.

Be advised that, should the practice continue, I shall seek all remedies available to me under international and other relevant statutes.

Further, you do not have my permission to publish copyrighted material owned by me. Again, should you do so, I shall seek legal remedies.

Sincerely,

Charles R. Drago

cc:

Dennis J. McCarten, Esq.

Dont remove them John

They are just trying to cover their tracks

You didnt post them John, so I dont think you have anything to worry about

I went ahead and removed the email quotes Dean 'cause I don't want John in the crosshairs.

Their tracks are not covered. I'm posting all relevant material on my website.

I have had these emails from ... Charles R. Drago. Do members think we should delete these postings?

Dear Mr. Simkin,

Sincerely,

Charles R. Drago

cc:

Dennis J. McCarten, Esq.[/color]

A word of wisdom for Dennis J. McCarten, Esq.,: Don't expect much of a fee from this case, Dennis. Any claim by Mr. Drago for breach of his copyright belongs in SMALL CLAIMS COURT!

John,

This does not constitute any legal advice, but I would remove nothing pertaining to contents of "private" emails, unless it can be determined that the authors can prove monetary damages caused by the re-posting of the contents of their messages. Do Myra's postings deprive anyone of royalties or impact the DPF revenue stream?

Ironically, these people who claim to be advocates for transparency are nothing of the sort, when it comes to their own interests. I've deliberately avoided taking any side in the DPF feud, but I do not appreciate intimidating posts in reaction to "the game" not going the way some of our members would like.

The material you posted is really helpful and interesting Tom.

Well that's just it. They're going to go after anyone in my orbit.

And I'm unwilling to have John in the line of fire, so I was happy to remove the email quotes (which are on, or will soon be on, my website anyway).

The tough talkin' guys can come after me and bluster instead of harassing people because of their proximity to me.

Well the other shoe dropped.

The deeppoliticsforum.com gang sent me a blackmail letter this morning.

Details (but not quotes from personal email of course ;) ) here: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=17189.

To John Simkin

Jan Klimkowski

Dear Mr. Simkin,

Sincerely,

Charles R. Drago

cc:

Dennis J. McCarten, Esq.

The attorney appears to be retired and now makes violins. http://www.valleybreeze.com/Free/CUM-violin-guy

I doubt he would go to trial on Drago's behalf.

I have had these emails from ... Charles R. Drago. Do members think we should delete these postings?

Dear Mr. Simkin,

Sincerely,

Charles R. Drago

cc:

A word of wisdom for Dennis J. McCarten, Esq.,: Don't expect much of a fee from this case, Dennis. Any claim by Mr. Drago for breach of his copyright belongs in SMALL CLAIMS COURT!

According to http://www.valleybreeze.com/Free/CUM-violin-guy Dennis left the practice of law years ago and now makes violins. Maybe he could play one while CD tells his sad tale to the small claims court.

If you're really interested in reading stuff there, go to the library, Evan.

My apologies for not replying earlier, John.

Thanks, but I can read the DPF with a second account which has a dynamic IP. This means they would have to ban a large proportion of Australia in order to stop me reading it. Also, I have some software which would allow me to bypass the ban in any case.

Even so, what you say is correct. Thanks for the advice!

Dear Mr. Simkin,

Sincerely,

Charles R. Drago

cc:

According to http://www.valleybreeze.com/Free/CUM-violin-guy Dennis left the practice of law years ago and now makes violins. Maybe he could play one while CD tells his sad tale to the small claims court.

I was wrong then. I assumed it was a made up name.

Good sleuthing Linda.

If you're really interested in reading stuff there, go to the library, Evan.

My apologies for not replying earlier, John.

Thanks, but I can read the DPF with a second account which has a dynamic IP. This means they would have to ban a large proportion of Australia in order to stop me reading it. Also, I have some software which would allow me to bypass the ban in any case.

Even so, what you say is correct. Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, lining an entire region is not a good idea. No worries, I figured you knew, just, as you recognise, there are ways when there is a will.