The Education Forum

New Commander William Pitzer Page

Thanks to Allen E via Bernice - always facinated by this story and how Dennis David did not meet the same fate.

In one section the Autopsy surgeon has no powder burns or marks of any kind that suggest the barrel was anywhere near Pitzer's head... yet lo and behold, the Autopsy makes no mention of this fact... they took a cast of his hand, but not of the gunshot area?

Hmmmm... where have we heard this before... :blink:

'cause if you're gonna kill yourself, you'd obviously hold the gun as far away from your head, head, mouth, whatever... as possible.

From the Autopsy:

SKIN: Sections from the margin of the entrance wound reveal a

loss in the continuity of the epidermis with a marked basophilic degeneration and hyalinization of

the underlying collagen. Scattered throughout these tissues are prominent collections of dark

brown to black granular material presumably representing nitrates. The neighboring portions of

the skin reveal moderate basophilic degeneration of collagen but no lesions of the epidermis or

deposits of a foreign material are present.

Edited by David Josephs

David, i have contacted Allan with your comments, he does not come to this forum as he cannot log in to answer your questions personally, when i hear any input back i shall post such to let you know, thanks for the interest...best b

Edited by Bernice Moore

David, i have contacted Allan with your comments, he does not come to this forum as he cannot log in to answer your questions personally, when i hear any input back i shall post such to let you know, thanks for the interest...best b

David; reply; Please thank David Josephs for his comments on the EF and say that there were no powder burns because it was a contact shot.