The Education Forum

Hat Badge Man

Thanks Ed for your badge research, it is very interesting, have you contacted Ian Griggs about them, he has done deep research studies and a book on the police agencies within Dallas, just a thought...b

Funny you mention that, I was showing his book NCTA to a friend just a day ago and his card dropped out of it... so I'll drop him a line.

Naval Aviation Police Hat Shield:

post-5641-041111400 1307605428_thumb.jpg

2 3/8" badge, screw post bent, top nail bent over(prevents rotation), Aviator's wing was applied to the shield in the field.

Edited by Ed LeDoux

Thanks Ed for your badge research, it is very interesting, have you contacted Ian Griggs about them, he has done deep research studies and a book on the police agencies within Dallas, just a thought...b

Funny you mention that, I was showing his book NCTA to a friend just a day ago and his card dropped out of it... so I'll drop him a line.

Naval Aviation Police Hat Shield:

post-5641-041111400 1307605428_thumb.jpg

2 3/8" badge, screw post bent, top nail bent over(prevents rotation), Aviator's wing was applied to the shield in the field.

Ed, I'm glad that you have kept plugging away at this. I have a couple of things that might be of interest to you.

The policeman who looks so interesting at Love Field was Stavis Ellis; see pages 142-156, 180; No More Silence - Larry Sneed

He is said to have received an autograph from JFK, before the assassination.

The main person of interest for myself is the policeman with the woman walking south away from the TSBD,

after the shots were fired. There isn't any reasonable logic to that particular event, unless he decided

to take the rest of the day off after the President of the United States was assassinated.

If anybody even thinks they know who the two are, let me know.

I do seem to recall something about a Doctor and or a nurse at the scene when the Epileptic fit occurred.....

Edited by Robert Howard