The Education Forum

Refresher Course

Tom, on the 20 items in your first post, I'm pretty well with you. But I believe you and I differ on whether or not Lee Harvey Oswald pulled the trigger. IF Oswald was a patsy, as he claimed, he was an excellent choice for a patsy, as he was perfectly capable of making 3 shots from less than 100 yards/300 feet on a slow-moving target. I simply believe what Dallas Police Chief Jesse Curry said, when he claimed that no one can put Oswald in THAT window, with THAT rifle, at the EXACT MOMENT the shots were fired. Without that evidence--and apparently Curry had little faith in Howard Brennan, who did, then didn't, then did identify Oswald as being the man in southeast 6th floor window of the TSBD--we are back to guesswork, based upon the preponderance of the evidence. And I tend to find Bill Kelly's analysis of Oswald's movement and position in the 2nd floor lunchroom as being quite convincing...that, based upon what Officer Marion Baker saw, Oswald MUST have entered the lunchroom from the front of the building, and not from the stairwell in the rear.

Other than that, I think you're pretty well in line with where the evidence I've seen takes me.

Accepted!

LHO was either:

A.----------------The actual shooter!

B.----------------The designated (as well as well planned) scapegoat/rabbit.

Unfortunately, due to what the WC pulled, we will most likely never know which.

As you have indicated, when one dispels all of the BS relative to LHO's purported rifle marksmanship, along with the same BS relative to the accuracy and capability of the Model 91/38 Carcano rifle, they are left with the conclusions as to exactly how simple the assassination was.

But, in event that LHO was designated to take the initial blame, then those who chose him for this role would not have chosen someone who demonstrated little and/or no ability to accomplish the task.

First thing to any crime scene is to determine (factually) exactly how the victim was killed.

Then, one may have some chance of determination as to exactly who the perpetrator was.

Tom

P.S. "Correction" is in the mail.

• 2 months later...

Tom, on the 20 items in your first post, I'm pretty well with you. But I believe you and I differ on whether or not Lee Harvey Oswald pulled the trigger. IF Oswald was a patsy, as he claimed, he was an excellent choice for a patsy, as he was perfectly capable of making 3 shots from less than 100 yards/300 feet on a slow-moving target. I simply believe what Dallas Police Chief Jesse Curry said, when he claimed that no one can put Oswald in THAT window, with THAT rifle, at the EXACT MOMENT the shots were fired. Without that evidence--and apparently Curry had little faith in Howard Brennan, who did, then didn't, then did identify Oswald as being the man in southeast 6th floor window of the TSBD--we are back to guesswork, based upon the preponderance of the evidence. And I tend to find Bill Kelly's analysis of Oswald's movement and position in the 2nd floor lunchroom as being quite convincing...that, based upon what Officer Marion Baker saw, Oswald MUST have entered the lunchroom from the front of the building, and not from the stairwell in the rear.

Other than that, I think you're pretty well in line with where the evidence I've seen takes me.

I'd like to focus for a second on this reliance on the Baker/Truly "encounter" that I am not convinced actually happened.

Baker, for months, does not say anything about a lunchroom, a door with a window, nothing... Truly's testimony is pretty direct.

Mr. BELIN. I ask you to state, if you know what this is.

Mr. TRULY. Yes. This is the vestibule, when you first come up the stairs on the second floor--this is what you will find right there.

Mr. BELIN. Now, as you take a look at the picture Exhibit 498, is this a post immediately to the left side of the picture, to the extreme left of the picture?

Mr. TRULY. No.

Mr. BELIN. What is this to the extreme left? Is that the wall for the staircase?

Mr. TRULY. Yes; there is an opening on this side, and the staircase is back over here. This picture is just part of this vestibule out here.

Mr. BELIN. And what direction does the camera appear to be pointing, or what is shown there?

Mr. TRULY. It appears to be pointing east.

Mr. BELIN. And I see a door with a glass in it.

Could you show where on this diagram Exhibit 497 this door with the glass is?

Do you see a number with an arrow pointing to the door?

Mr. TRULY. That is it.

Mr. BELIN. What number is that?

Mr. TRULY. It is number 23.

Mr. BELIN. All right. Number 23, the arrow points to the door that has the glass in it.

Now, as you raced around, how far did you start up the stairs towards the third floor there?

Mr. TRULY. I suppose I was up two or three steps before I realized the officer wasn't following me.

Mr. BELIN. Then what did you do?

Mr. TRULY. I came back to the second floor landing.

Mr. BELIN. What did you see?

Mr. TRULY. I heard some voices, or a voice, coming from the area of the lunchroom, or the inside vestibule, the area of 24.

Mr. BELIN. All right. And I see that there appears to be on the second floor diagram, a room marked lunchroom.

Mr. TRULY. That is right.

Mr. BELIN. What did you do then?

Mr. TRULY. I ran over and looked in this door No. 23.

Mr. BELIN. Through the glass, or was the door open?

Mr. TRULY. I don't know. I think I opened the door. I feel like I did. I don't remember.

Mr. BELIN. It could have been open or it could have been closed, you do not remember?

Mr. TRULY. The chances are it was closed.

Mr. BELIN. You thought you opened it?

Mr. TRULY. I think I opened it. I opened the door back and leaned in this way.

Mr. BELIN. What did you see?

Mr. TRULY. I saw the officer almost directly in the doorway of the lunch-room facing Lee Harvey Oswald.

Mr. BELIN. And where was Lee Harvey Oswald at the time you saw him?

Mr. TRULY. He was at the front of the lunchroom, not very far inside he was just inside the lunchroom door.

Mr. BELIN. All right.

Mr. TRULY. 2 or 3 feet, possibly.

Mr. BELIN - And did you go all the way up to the top of the stairs right away?

Mr. BAKER - No, sir; we didn't.

Mr. BAKER - What happened?

Mr. BAKER - As I came out to the second floor there, Mr. Truly was ahead of me, and as I come out I was kind of scanning, you know, the rooms, and I caught a glimpse of this man walking away from this--I happened to see him through this window in this door. I don't know how come I saw him, but I had a glimpse of him coming down there.

Mr. DULLES - Where was he coming from, do you know?

Mr. BAKER - No, sir. All I seen of him was a glimpse of him go away from me.

Mr. BELIN - What did you do then?

Mr. BAKER - I ran on over there

Representative BOGGS -You mean where he was?

Mr. BAKER - Yes, sir. There is a door there with a glass, it seemed to me like about a 2 by 2, something like that, and then there is another door which is 6 foot on over there, and there is a hallway over there and a hallway entering into a lunchroom, and when I got to where I could. see him he was walking away from me about 20 feet away from me in the lunchroom.

Mr. BELIN - What did you do?

Mr. BAKER - I hollered at him at that time and said, "Come here." He turned and walked right straight back to me.

Does that look likely to you? That Baker sees Oswald THRU the window... yet goes on THAT DAY to sign an AFFIDAVIT IN ANY FACT that has nothing at all to say about a lunchroom, door, window, vestibule or anything he testifies to later...

This man HAD to pass Truly first, right... yet Truly says nothing of this man on the stairs... isn't this perjury for Baker? The WC does not even mention his affidavit.

Yet this person as described sounds awfully like the man at the Tippit murder... BROWN jacket and all...

lunchroomdiagram.jpg

Bakertellthetruth.jpg