The Education Forum

Rick Perry and the JFK assassination

...Bill, when you ring your bookie, can you slip $50.00 on Huntsman for me to get GOP nomination?

Save your money on Huntsman...he's a Mormon too. What you Aussies need to know before you go betting your money is the concern that Midwesterners (as well as some Southerners) have about Mormons. You should realize...that the only time actual murder has been sactioned by a standing State Governor was when the Governor of Missouri made a proclamation that it was OK to kill Mormons.

And it was a fairly popular proclaimation.

(it worked - it got em the hell out of Missouri) :rolleyes:

You may be right, David. But isn't that kind of reminiscent of one JFK and his Catholicism? JFK successfully nullified the issue - at least enough to get elected... and Huntsman is also dealing with it - in his case by repackaging himself as having a digit dipped in a number of denominations at the same time as disavowing total loyalty to LDS.

Anyhow, I just think he is good value on the odds on offer.

And I think the JFK comparisons will start to come thick and fast the closer it gets...youth, money, smarts, looks, the religious issue, socially liberal beliefs...

And I think the JFK comparisons will start to come thick and fast the closer it gets...youth, money, smarts, looks, the religious issue, socially liberal beliefs...

Which is why Huntsman has no shot at the GOP nomination. Not enough wingnut craziness to ignite the T-Party base.

I'm predicting a guy who hasn't announced yet. Wisconsin Rep Paul Ryan. Wants to turn Medicare into a voucher system. The GOP establishment loves him, and he's sufficiently crazy to please the T Partiers.

Running on the destruction of Medicare should be political suicide, but the Republican Party elite seem to think they can get away with it.

In my book, the "T" stands for "Treason."

Which is why Huntsman has no shot at the GOP nomination. Not enough wingnut craziness to ignite the T-Party base.

I'm predicting a guy who hasn't announced yet. Wisconsin Rep Paul Ryan. Wants to turn Medicare into a voucher system. The GOP establishment loves him, and he's sufficiently crazy to please the T Partiers.

Running on the destruction of Medicare should be political suicide, but the Republican Party elite seem to think they can get away with it.

And you also might be right, Cliff...

But my point with the JFK comparisons was this: I have noticed a growing trend over recent years where the right has tried to either take control of things they believe to be beloved of the Left, or to mimic them.

We've seen JFK portrayed as a conservative Cold Warrior

We've seen Camelot portrayed in a mini-series by the Right

We've seen that clown with his "expose" of Acorn trying to emulate Michael Moore

We've seen Fox News experiment with a parody segment aimed at "The Left" trying to emulate Jon Stewart etc

We've seen the rise of groups and mass movements which have the outward appearance of being Left oriented, but in reality, have an entirely different agenda.

This guy will will be packaged (perhaps subtly) as the GOP version of JFK - but it will all be superficial - certainly not something reflected in substance or detail.

In short -- he will represent THEIR Camelot.

(just some crystal ball gazing and nothing more -- but enough to make me think he's worth $50.00 at 14-1 odds rolleyes.gif)

I'm predicting a guy who hasn't announced yet. Wisconsin Rep Paul Ryan.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/paul-ryan-passes-run-president_590514.html

Also. I'm predicting the Oakland Raiders will win Super Bowl XLVI, in case anyone is interested. :(

Edited by Cliff Varnell

• 11 months later...

Called it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nepHLIJr6hY

Romney can't win. He went over to Merry Old and blurted out about meeting with the head of MI6. I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that the CIA, the Mossad, and India's RAW are to one degree or another creatures of MI6.

No one who knows anything about The Game talks about meeting the head of MI6. Romney's a hick. When I first heard about him outing his meeting with MI6 chief Sawers I thought, "They won't let him win."

Watch for Mockingbird types like Cokie Roberts to slant toward Obama.