The Education Forum

Fritz ADDED the part about the photos afterward...

9 hours ago, David Butler said:

Maurice McDonald ? (aka Nick McDonald)

David and Bart,

I think M.M. is Marilyn Moody. She was a civilian employee stenographer in the Forgery Bureau.

See Batchelor Exhibit 5002  Page 147 of the Exhibit (page 30 0f Batchelor's List)

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/pdf/WH19_Batchelor_Ex_5002.pdf

Steve Thomas

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking thru the entire list I found another steno with MM initials...  There were MANY officers from Traffic involved that day...
just another possibility

TRAFFIC DIVISION Mullican, Madge, Stenographer-Secretary 6

(on a side note I believe this Sorrells is related to our Sorrells....Sorrells, Eunice, (Chief's) Secretary 8 and the only office staff at a level 8)

3 hours ago, David Josephs said:

Looking thru the entire list I found another steno with MM initials...  There were MANY officers from Traffic involved that day...
just another possibility

TRAFFIC DIVISION Mullican, Madge, Stenographer-Secretary 6

(on a side note I believe this Sorrells is related to our Sorrells....Sorrells, Eunice, (Chief's) Secretary 8 and the only office staff at a level 8)

David,

That's a possibility, but I think you would want to look for somebody with a more direct line to Fritz. Moody worked in the Criminal Investigation Division, where the Homicide and Robbery Bureau was.

The Traffic Division was involved a lot the day of the shooting, but not so much in the investigation afterwards, or assembling the case file.

Over and above that, the note that Bart provided implies a degree of familiarity, with the just the word, "Sorry" at the end - not Sorry, Sir or Captain or anything like that.

Steve Thomas