The Education Forum

The brewing war between Arlen Specter and Clint Hill

If you've been following Clint Hill's statements over the last few years, it should come as no surprise that he's been denouncing the single-bullet theory with regularity. Well, the other day, on the Opie and Anthony show, he denounced it as "Warren Specter's theory," if I recall.

In any event, it appears that Specter has decided to fight back. Apparently, he has recently criticized Hill and the men of Kennedy's detail (who apparently all doubt the single-bullet theory) for their drinking and carousing on the night before the shooting.

He supposedly said these things on PCN, a Pennsylvania station. Does anyone have the footage? Or a transcript?

What about it, Vince P?

Arlen Specter Bashes Clint Hill

Arlen Specter was THE first government official to take testimony from Clint Hill. Arlen tells the truth- Clint Hill DID drink the night before and stay out late: alcohol consumption while in TRAVEL STATUS was grounds for REMOVAL from the Secret Service, not to mention the detrimental effect sleep deprivation had on protecting JFK. 5/15/12 PA Cable oral history- Specter is 82 and perhaps wants to clear his conscience.

Arlen Specter: Dr Humes - JFK SHOT FROM FRONT

Arlen Specter: Dr Humes - JFK SHOT FROM FRONT. Arlen Specter took official testimony from his friend James Humes and says Humes speculated the neck shot came from the front and caused the blow out to JFK's head!!! 5/15/12 PA Cable oral history- Specter is 82 and perhaps wants to clear his conscience.

561186_10151739524805137_526355136_24269966_60198470_n.jpg?w=960&h=720

How I got ole Arlen Specter to talk for the cameras icon_smile.gif?m=1129645325g I mean, it IS only a coincidence that I helped in the making of this week long televised oral history for PCN (also on DVD) 5/14/12-5/18/12…right? icon_smile.gif?m=1129645325gpixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

Edited by Vince Palamara

Vince,

Can you gives us more from this show? The clips are too short. I don't think Specter is really bashing Clint Hill in those 19 seconds. He's critical, yes, but not bashing. The second clip doesn't live up to its description either. Specter seems to be to be in the middle of telling a longer story and we don't get it all. He just barely tells us about one idea Humes had at one point. We need more to get the full context.

Otherwise, nicely done.

Joe

Vince,

Can you gives us more from this show? The clips are too short. I don't think Specter is really bashing Clint Hill in those 19 seconds. He's critical, yes, but not bashing. The second clip doesn't live up to its description either. Specter seems to be to be in the middle of telling a longer story and we don't get it all. He just barely tells us about one idea Humes had at one point. We need more to get the full context.

Otherwise, nicely done.

Joe

Joe's right, Vince. That quote from Specter might only mean he got confused between Clark and Humes. Clark, after all, thought for a brief time the bullet entered the neck and exited the head. We need to hear the lead up to that moment in order to determine 1) if he's really talking about Humes, and 2) when Humes thought this. As Humes is purported to have been unaware of the throat wound until the day after the autopsy, it only makes sense that, IF Humes ever thought what Specter says he thought, it was on the afternoon of the 23rd.

IF Humes thought this, moreover, it would serve to confirm that he originally thought the EOP entrance was for a different bullet entirely, and that he was ready to say there was more than one shooter until someone or something got him to change his mind.

So...may we please see the full context of that quote?

Your help appreciated.

P.S. How did you come to work on the project? Did you meet Specter?

P.P.S. I think you're right about Specter's "bashing" Hill. Hill, these days, in the eyes of the media, is an almost saint-like figure. I strongly suspect no other public figure--since Drew Pearson, anyhow--has accused the Secret Service agents on the detail of drinking and "carousing" the night before the shooting. They just don't talk about it. And here, only days after Hill denounced the single-bullet theory on a national radio program--and was so dismissive about it that he forgot (or acted like he forgot) Specter's name--Specter suddenly unloads on Hill. That's some coinky-dink, IMO.

Edited by Pat Speer