Jump to content
The Education Forum

Assassination Shenanigans at the Dallas State Fairgrounds

Recommended Posts

JFK Assassination Shenanigans at the Dallas Texas State Fairgrounds

By William Kelly

For map and photos see:

JFKcountercoup: Shenanigans at the Dallas State Fairgrounds

The first time I ever heard about the State Fairgrounds in Dallas was during Larry Meyers’ Warren Commission testimony when he told about coming to Dallas a few weeks before the assassination, possibly for the grand opening of the Dallas Cabana, where he also stayed over the weekend of the assassination.

Meyers described how he was a salesman from Chicago who had met Jack Ruby sometime previous, and since Ruby was from Chicago too, they developed an affinity, so whenever he came to Dallas he would stop and visit Ruby at the Carousel Club.

This particular time, a few weeks before the assassination, Ruby took him over to the Dallas State Fairgrounds to meet some friends who had a failing carousel act – a tent where they showed a film called “How Hollywood Made Movies.”

Meyers said he wrote out a $500 check for Ruby to cash and share with his friends who ran the enterprise. Two of those involved, Joyce McDonald and Larry Crafard, went to work for Ruby in the following weeks, McDonald at the Carousel Club and Crafard as a handyman who became Ruby’s right-hand man, living at the Carousel Club, doing some of the duties Ruby usually did, and then helping to manage Ruby’s other club, which never gets as much attention as the Carousel. Unlike the Carousel, Ruby’s other club didn’t have the dancers, but featured music instead, usually a rock and roll band.

Crafard also bore a remarkable physical resemblance to Lee Harvey Oswald, so much so that more than once, it was later alleged that Ruby and Oswald were seen together, when it later turned out that it was actually Ruby and Crafard who were together.

Crafard may have also intentionally impersonated Oswald in one of the many instances where the accused assassin was blatantly and intentionally impersonated by others, possibly as part of the effort to frame him.

[Larry Crafard is a living witness]

Then there’s Joyce McDonald. She worked at the Fair and then worked for Ruby. When Larry Meyers returned to Dallas over the assassination weekend, he brought a young lady with him, Jean Aase (aka West), and Jean and Joyce went shopping together.

Just as a people confused Crafard and Oswald, Ruby employed two women named McDonald, and they too are often confused. As Ian Griggs notes in his book “No Case to Answer” ( JFK Lancer, 2005, p. 224) that, “Betty McDonald (Nancy Jane Mooney) This former Ruby stripper, who often appears to be confused with others of a similar name, provided an alias for Darrell Wayne Gardner when he was accused of shooting Warren Reynolds, a witness close to the murder of Officer J.D. Tippit. This occurred on 5th February 1964. Just eight days later, she was arrested in Dallas and charged with a minor public order offence. She was locked up in the City Jail and later found dead in her cell, apparently having committed suicide by hanging herself with her toreador pants. Her name inevitably appears on the list of suspicious deaths…”

According to Griggs (p. 227), then there’s “Joy Dale (Joyce Lee Witherspoon McDonald, now Joyce Gordon), who is probably the women recruited by Ruby from the State Fair and who met Larry Meyers. Griggs describes her as “One of the ‘Five exotics’ who were due to perform on 22 November 1963, she had worked for Ruby since August 1963. She is the girl on the left in a series of five photographs taken in Ruby’s office (Armstrong Exhibit Nos. 5301-A to E). She was interviewed extensively in the video Jack Ruby on Trial.”

[Joyce McDonald Gordon is a living witness]

That Ruby would recruit two employees from the Dallas State Fair was all quite coincidental, and I took it that way until a researcher sent me some Deep Background on early organized gambling in Dallas that indicated such gambling was centered around the Fairground until the Chicago mob moved in, a move that apparently included Jack Ruby. Then the Dallas organized criminal underworld shifted to Joe Civello, the Campisis and company, who were associated with Carlos Marcello in New Orleans.

“At San Antonio On March 6, 1964, Reverend Wayman Whitney, age 47, 716 College Street, Belton, Texas, furnished the following information and requested that his identity as the source of the information not be disclosed. He explained that on June 30, 1942, he left Kelly Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas, where he had served as a cadet and went to work for KTBC, a radio station at Austin, Texas, owned by Lady Bird JohnsonHe said he was a staff member under a Civil Service organization for this radio station. Reverend Whitney said that while connected with this radio station in Dallas about twenty years ago, he had observed a gambling syndicate situation in existence at Dallas with a local leader named Denny Pugh. Denny Pugh operated out of a small electrical shop across the street from the fair grounds. This shop was owned by Carroll Sands and was known as the Sands Electrical Shop. During that time, Mr. Hinkle was commissioner at Dallas and had his office in the same building with Denny Pugh. Reverend Whitney added that he did not know who succeeded Denny Pugh after Pugh's death, but it would seem to him, Whitney, that if this method of operation has not stopped and if there is a line of succession that would reach Ruby, then Ruby may be the man in control of the gambling syndicate at Dallas.”

That still didn’t peak my interest in the Dallas State Fairgrounds too much, but what caught my attention was another reference in Ian Griggs book “No Case to Answer” (p. 3) in which he describes the operations of the Dallas Police Department’s Special Services Bureau. Griggs: “This was the first of the specialized departments. It operated under the command of Captain W. P. (‘Pat”) Gannaway who was supported by six Lieutenants, 34 regular Detectives, 14 Patrolmen who were temporarily assigned to the Bureau and four female civilians (one stenographer an three clerk typists)….Captain Gannaway (at that time known as ‘Mr. Narcotics’) had been in charge of the notorious 1957 undercover operation and raid that culminated in stripper Candy Barr being arrested for possession of half and ounce of marijuana. For this offense, she was sentenced to 15 years imprisonment, actually serving less than three years before being paroled.”

Griggs on The Special Services Bureau: “Initially, I had some difficulty in working out what the Special Services Bureau actually did….It was basically a covert surveillance and intelligence-gathering unit which, as well as the Criminal Intelligence Squad (CIS), included the Vice Squad and the Narcotics Squad, etc. Its regular officers were plain clothes detectives…The Warren Commission testimony of Lieutenant Jack Revill (who became Assistant Chief in 1982) is very revealing…He stated: ‘I am currently in charge of the criminal intelligence section…Our primary responsibility is to investigate crimes of an organized nature, subversive activities, racial matters, labor racketeering, and to do anything that the chief might desire. We work for the chief of police. I report to a captain who is in charge of the bureau – Captain Gannaway.’”

Revill was assigned to investigate how Jack Ruby had gained access to the City Hall basement when he shot Oswald.

Griggs also cites a reference to Phillip H. Melanson’s article Dallas Mosaic” published in the Third Decade (Vol. 1, no. 3, March 1985, pages 12-15), where Melanson mentions that “the spooky little unit was physically removed from the rest of the DPD and was headquartered in a building on the state fairgrounds.” (Vol. IV HSCA 597).

That the DPD SSB, who ran undercover informants, would be headquartered away from the regular Police Department makes sense, since undercover informants would not like to be seen around the Police Department and expose the fact that they were snitches.

Thanks to Robert Howard, who sent this: Dallas Morning News, page 3 September 28, 1960. “Police to Get Substation at Fair Park ....... the former South and East Dallas Chamber of Commerce Building, owned by the Park Department, is being converted for permanent use by police at the State Fair of Texas .....”

As Ian Fleming said, “Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, but three times is enemy action,” so after my attention was drawn to the Dallas State Fairground for the fourth time – first by Ruby taking Larry Meyers there, second by Ruby’s recruitment of two carneys – Crafard and McDonald, third by the history of gambling at the Fairgrounds and fourth by the location of the Dallas PD SSU HQ there, I now suspect something interesting is going on there.

Then the clincher is the fact that the Dallas Civil Defense Emergency Bunker, an underground nuclear bomb proof cellar with special communications equipment, was located under the Health and Science Museum, located at the Dallas State Fairgrounds.

Was this emergency bunker in use on November 22nd, 1963? And if so, did they tape record all of the emergency radio communications? Russ Baker asks the same question and notes that Jack Crichton, who worked with some of those DPD officers in the Pilot Car in the motorcade and assisted in obtaining the interpreter for Marina Oswald on the day of the assassination, was also in charge of this shelter.

Russ Baker wrote:

“It was in 1956 that the bayou-bred Crichton started up his own spy unit, the 488th Military Intelligence Detachment. He would serve as the intelligence unit’s only commander through November 22, 1963, continuing until he retired from the 488th in 1967, at which time he was awarded the Legion of Merit and cited for ‘exceptionally outstanding service.”

“Besides his oil work and his spy work, the disarmingly folksy Crichton wore a third hat. He was an early and central figure in an important Dallas institution that is virtually forgotten today: the city’s Civil Defense organization. Launched in the early 1950s as cold war hysteria grew, it was a centerpiece of a kind of officially sanctioned panic response that, like the response to September 11, 2001, had a potential to serve other agendas….”

“On April 1, 1962, Dallas Civil Defense, with Crichton heading its intelligence component, opened an elaborate underground command post under the patio of the Dallas Health and ScienceMuseum. 5 Because it was intended for ‘continuity-of-government’ operations during an attack, it was fully equipped with communications equipment. With this shelter in operation on November 22, 1963, it was possible for someone based there to communicate with police and other emergency services. There is no indication that the Warren Commission or any other investigative body or even JFK assassination researchers looked into this facility or the police and Army Intelligence figures associated with it.”


Dallas Morning News 03-17-1960 Dallas Center Approved by Civil Defense


The Office of Civil Defense Mobilization announced Wednesday the approval of a $120,000 emergency underground operating center for the Dallas City-County Civil Defense and Disaster Commission. Under Plans formulated last year, OCDM and Dallas County will match contributions of $60,000 for the center. The building will be constructed at Fair Park adjacent to the Health and Science Museum.

John W. Mayo, commission chairman, said final plans for the thickly-walled structure will be completed soon and construction is expected to begin within a year. Largely a communications center it will be tied to state, regional and national civil defense headquarters. It will contain enough food and air conditioning to maintain the 20 persons working there for two weeks without outside supplies. After the center is completed, it will be open to the public as a display of an operating disaster control office.

Dallas Morning News Staff Photo caption: Officials of the Dallas City-County Civil Defense Disaster Commission look at a model of an underground shelter as they announce government approval of a $120,000 underground communications center for Fair Park. (See Photo) From left, front row, H.F. Boss of the Health and Science Museum, Country Judge Lew Sterrett and John W. Mayo, commission head.

Shelter History

The old Dallas Civil Defense Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is located under the playground in front of the Science Place Planetarium Building at Fair Park in Dallas Tx. This EOC was to function as a relocation shelter for Dallas govt. officials in the event of a nuclear attack. It was from this shelter that officials would have tried to coordinate recovery efforts involving community shelters, radiological monitors, police, fire, sanitation and other services. Construction of the EOC lasted from 1960 to 1961 at a cost of $120,000. The City of Dallas paid $60,000 and the Federal govt. paid the additional $60,000. This shelter is a blast shelter in the true sense of the term. It is equipped with large concrete and steel blast doors which bolt shut when closed for sealing purposes. The exterior blast door is plainly visible next to the sidewalk on the southeast side of the building. The EOC also is equipped with air ventilators containing "anti-blast valves" which would close to prevent blast pressure from entering the shelter. The air circulation system was built with a separate air filtration room complete with a wall of air filters to remove fallout contaminants from the incoming air. According to a March 27, 1962 Dallas Times Herald article the shelter was officially opened on April 1st, 1962 at 3pm. The shelter is now closed to any public access and is only used for storage purposes by the Science Place.

In 2003 some people were allowed to tour and take photos of the shelter and reported that, “The Operations Room was the central operations area of the EOC. This is the largest room in the shelter. During my last trip in 2003 the walls still had all of the maps and chalk boards that were originally installed when the shelter was built. The city maps were so old they didn't have neighborhoods built after the early 60's…”

It appears that they left many things intact, including the Emergancy Log board.There were still entries written on it from a practice excercise. Some of the entries are "Naval Air Station Dallas, Carswell Air Force Base, General Dynamics, Texas Instruments and Power Plant."

Naval Air Station Dallas – Grand Prarie – from where Z-film was flown to DC by jet

Carswell Air Force Base – Fort Worth from where AF1 departed on 11/22/63 to Dallas

General Dynamics – Major Ft. Worth defense contractor

Texas Instruments – Major Dallas industry connected to H. Byrd, owner of TSBD

Edited by William Kelly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

0 replies, eh......

Well, hopefully Bill and anyone else who might be able to do some independent thinking, lets see Larry Crafard met Ruby before assassination, State Fair fairgrounds, comes into play, H.L. Hunt's booth at the Fairgrounds, all the foregoing from Bill's post....

And another angle see below

History on the Rails - Dallas Morning News by David Tarrant p 17A

Historic Rail Equipment On The Move

State Fair Exhibit

“The Museum [Museum of the American Railroad] traces its beginnings to the mutual

interests of Dallas Philanthropist Everett DeGolyer, Jr., and Joseph Rucker Jr., who

in the 1960’s was the assistant general manager of the State Fair. They set up an exhibit

at the 1963 State Fair, that became a hit among fairgoers.”

Dallas Morning News, The (TX) - May 22, 2005


Former general manager, consultant at State Fair

A savvy combination of creativity and business intelligence helped Joseph Rucker Jr. manage one of America's largest annual traditions - the State Fair of Texas.

Mr. Rucker was general manager of the State Fair from 1966 until the early 1970s, and his imagination coupled with his background in local theater production fueled many of the ideas he brought to the event, said his son Harry Rucker of Dallas.

"He was a great lover of Dallas and a believer of good things for the city," Harry Rucker said. "Some of the same passion he had for the fair, he had for the city."

Mr. Rucker, 90, died of congestive heart failure May 14 at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas.

A memorial service was held Wednesday at First United Methodist Church in Dallas, and he was buried at Greenwood Cemetery.

From the time he resigned until his death, Mr. Rucker - who was in charge of planning the fair and running year-round operations at Fair Park - was a consultant to other fair operations through his firm JBR Associates, now called The Rucker Consultancy.

Mr. Rucker was born Jan. 6, 1915, in Dallas, the descendant of city pioneers.

He graduated from North Dallas High School and attended Southern Methodist University, where he managed theatrical productions. He also worked in productions with companies such as Dallas Little Theater.

Mr. Rucker joined the Navy in 1940, and his World War II service included participation in the battle at Guadalcanal. He returned and married Elizabeth Yib Williams in 1945.

He worked in real estate and land development for a few years, and in 1951, he took a part-time special events job at the state fair.

During his climb through the fair ranks, Mr. Rucker saw exhibitors - such as a Deep Ellum company that sold artificial limbs and a Japanese typewriter manufacturer - grow in size and variety.

His son said the idea of luring international exhibitors to the fair came from his father.

"He was always a little ahead of his time with his ideas," Harry Rucker said. "He was a dreamer in many ways."

One of the bigger projects Mr. Rucker created was the fair's nightly parade at the Cotton Bowl from the early 1960s until the mid-1970s, his son said.

As general manager, Mr. Rucker brought the fair's accounting, food vending and cleaning systems up to date.

"Previously there were beer cans on the ground, people would kick them," his son said of Mr. Rucker's Keep it Tidi campaign. "The idea of an army of people cleaning that up was new. It was unheard of at a fair."

In the early 1970s, he resigned from the state fair, and in 1974, he started a consulting firm.

He eventually was hired to consult for the state fair, when he came up with the idea for Texas Discovery Gardens' main attraction, the Texas Garden Railway, which leads attendees on a nature journey.

In addition to his wife, Mr. Rucker is survived by his sons, Harry Rucker, Joseph Rucker III of Rockport, Texas, and Charles Rucker of Churchville, Pa.; four grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.


Of course the DeGolyer's, are sacrosanct in Dallas history, being of the philanthropist category, and of course there is nothing sinister implied in this post, merely pointing out the fact that at the State Fair, in 1963, it seems everyone was well represented as far as a cast of characters in miniature go. FYI, In case anyone remembers the RFK Funeral train from 1968, its there too....

But wait, there's more...more?

page 67 G W Becker, Special Engineer for Drainage, Rock Island Line Railroad with offices in the La Salle Street Station, 2110 W. 120th Place, Blue Island, Illinois, advised telephonically he had heard what he believes was a rifle shot on 3:00 PM Thurs., Nov 21, 1963 along the Railroad tracks in Dallas, as he was “walking track” of the Rock Island Railroad about three quarters of a mile west of the Rock Island depot in Irving, Texas. He said he was just west of the underpass at Iowa Street underpass and the shot appeared to come from a point about a block away to the north. He stated this occurred about 3:00 PM on Thursday, November 21, 1963. He said he felt this was significant only if Lee Harvey Oswald was not at work this afternoon and was possibly “practicing” firing his rifle. He noted that the Oswald family according to reports reside in Irving, Texas.

Mr. Becker described the area from which the shot came as wooded but “spotty,” in that there are also some homes in the area and it is still within the city limits of Irving, Texas.

He said he looked in the direction of the shot but saw nobody.

Mr. Becker advised that he arrived in Fort Worth, Texas about 8:00 AM on Thursday, November 21, 1963 for a meeting with the U.S. Corps of Engineers to be held November 22, 1963.

He said he had worked on the engineering aspects of the Iowa Street underpass and out of curiosity had taken a bus to that area to inspect the drainage aspects. He said he had registered at the Texas Hotel in Fort Worth, Texas, Room 910 on November 21, 1963 and checked out about 6:40 AM on November 22, 1963 when he went to the Blackstone Hotel in Fort Worth for the meeting with the US Corps of Engineers. He noted that President Kennedy had also stayed at the Fort Worth Hotel.

Mr Becker stated that he left Ft Worth, Texas for Chicago, Illinois on Rock Island Train Number 18 which left Fort Worth at 10:03 PM, on November 22, 1963.

Interview by SA Richard G. Meyers - 11/29/63


Edited by Robert Howard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Tom Scully

Robert, do not interpret a lack of replies to a lack of interest. Do what you do for your own personal satisfaction. Sometimes, it is the only inspiration there will be. Wide, enthusiastic interest seems divorced from substance.

....Ernie Byfield, Jr. joins the army and the OSS, and is the best man in the 1943 wedding of William HG Fitzgerald, later the senior SMOM in the United States. An usher in that wedding, Oliver W. Hammonds, a WWII army intelligence officer, becomes Jack Crichton's co-director in ARABIAN SHIELD DEVELOPMENT CO. Hammonds' brother-in-law is Chase Manhattan bank director and SMOM Robert W. Flowerree with close ties to Loyola U. in New Orleans.

Fitzgerald was a senior partner at Hornblower & Weeks. The daughter of his partner, Ralph Hornblower, married Dr. Daniel Catlin, the brother-in-law of William H. Quasha's son, Wayne. Fitzgerald's son, Desmond, married Helen Muffie Stone, granddaughter of Godfrey Stillman Rockefeller and daughter of Robert G. Stone, Jr., the Harvard Endowment Fund official who made the large, losing investment in Alan Quasha's Harken Energy, resulting in bailing out George W. Bush's failed oil business activity and positioning Bush as a multimillionaire and viable Texas gubernatorial candidate. Stone, Jr., according to Russ Baker, in his book, Family of Secrets, was rewarded with a directorship at R.S. Reynolds with co-director, Jonathan Bush. Reynold's father was a close friend of Frank Vanderlip, Jr., the godfather of William H. Quasha's daughter, Jill.

Quasha's other son, Alan, the chairman of Harken Energy, had bought out Bush's bankrupt business, Spectrum 7 and invited Bush to join Harken's board. Alan married the daughter of the Nelson Rockefeller owned William Ronan, onetime chairman of the NYC's MTA, and longtime chairman of the Tri-State Port Authority.

Byfield Jr. was married from 1955 until her death in 1970 to Russian noblewoman Valentina Osterman. Valentina's sister Nina married the first cousin and business partner of B. Rionda and George Braga, Placido Ervesun. GHW Bush escorted the daughter of the late Edward Hooker, step-nephew and oil business partner, George DeMohrenschildt down the aisle when she wed B. Rionda Braga's son, Ames.

Byfield, Jr.'s mother, Gladys Rosenthal Tartiere leased her Middleburg, VA estate to JFK from December, 1960 until March, 1963. Byfield, Jr. married Italian countess Diana Masiere in the 1970s. Byfield and Masiere were married nearly thirty years and after his death, Diana Masiere Byfield married Robert S. McNamara in 2004.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

Cant help but think G. W. Becker identity in Warren Commission document cited above

was really person below.

Lt. Col. George N. Becker Retired from the Army and Allstate

Insurance Company, Lt. Col. George N. Becker was the grateful son of

Rev. James and Helen Becker. He graduated from Wittenberg College in

Springfield, Ohio, and was a member of Phi Gamma Delta fraternity. He

was a life member of the American Legion and past Commander of Post 36,

a member of Post 134, a member of the Army Counter Intelligence Corps

Veterans, a past commander of the Chicago Chapter of the Military Order

of the World Wars, a member of the National Counter Intelligence Corps

Association, and a past president and director emeritus of Chapter 6 of

the Reserve Officers Association. He died at age 81, on Saturday, March

22, 2008, to join his eternally beloved wife, Johanna T. "Hansi" Becker

(nee Sendlhofer); and others dear to him in God's Heaven. He was the

unconditionally loving and devoted father of Betty (Steve) Fagerman,

Karen (the late Gary) (Paul) Marshak-Hilder, Georgia (Jay) Baum and

Joanie (Michael) Goldberg; the proud grandfather "Opa" of James,

Kristofer and Robert Fagerman, Marissa and Allison Marshak, Jason and

Andy Baum, Derek Ondrula and Hannah Goldberg; the cherishing

brother-in-law of Anna Sens, and the late Robert and Brunhilde Beller;

the affectionate first cousin of Martha (Bill) Spencer (nee Somogyi),

and the late Eileen (Adam) Kozma (nee Somogyi), Attila Huszti and

Laszlo Bejek; and caring kin to numerous other relatives in the USA,

Hungary and Austria. Especially dear to him was his last earthly love,

Marilyn Greco. He wished to be remembered for his love tor the God of

his understanding, his family, his country and his friends. Visitation

will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, at Lauterburg & Oehler Funeral

Home, 2000 E. Northwest Highway, Arlington Heights, where services will

be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday. Interment will be in Woodmere Cemetery,

Detroit, Mich.

but on the other hand, this seems even more probable.

William Becker of Barrington Funeral services for William Becker , 87, will be held 10 a.m. Monday, March 23, at the Davenport Family Funeral Home, 149 W. Main St. (Lake-Cook Road), Barrington. Burial will be in Acacia Park Cemetery, Chicago. Visitation will be from 2 to 7 p.m. Sunday, March 22, at the funeral home. Born May 14, 1921, in Chicago, he passed away Wednesday, March 18, 2009, at his home. Mr. Becker served as a Marine, surviving the battle of Iwo Jima and many other battles in the Pacific during World War II. He received his advanced degrees in electrical and chemical engineering from DePaul University in Chicago. Mr. Becker worked for the Chicago Northwestern Railroad and Bell Laboratories, where he was one of the original computer engineers. He went on to establish his own computer program design company, NCS. He enjoyed model railroading, bird watching and traveling, especially out West and Yellowstone. He was involved in Boy Scouting for many years. He is survived by his children, Celeste Karol of Mundelein, Barbara (Dennis) Skibinski of Three Lakes, Wis. and Thad Karol of Barrington; and five grandchildren, Renee, Joshua and Meagan Reasoner, and Matthew and Jacob Skibinski. He was preceded in death by his loving wife, Margaret Mary (nee Passarelli Karol), whom he married July 10, 1976, in Niles; In lieu of flowers, memorials in Mr. Becker 's name may be made to Toys-for-Tots at www.toysfortots.org or 703-640-9433. For information, 847-381-3411.

Either way, did anyone notice G. W. Becker was at the Hotel Texas in Fort Worth on 11/21/63, that was the same Hotel JFK was staying overnight leaving Friday morning.

Incidentally, considering anyone who realizes that there was considerable controversy regarding whether there was a frontal shot in Dealey Plaza,

for instance Army Intelligence Office James Powell stated he believed the shots came from the front of the motorcade, and had a lot of witnesses

who are caught on film running toward the knoll, and there was much attention focused on the overpass, see article The Dance of the Railroad Men;

if you add all this together with what is posted here regarding Becker then read below; one can get the notion this area could warrant further scrutiny.


Sources: WC 25, pp. 594, 597, 826-28, 831, 832, 834; WC 26, pp. 174, 175, 694, 706; Photograph at WC 25, p. 828; CE 2574; CD 1197; CD 1398; CD 1476


Comments: Retired railroad man in Room 14, Hotel Comercio in Mexico City on 9/20/63. Stayed in hotel from 9/20-10/1/63. Proprietor of Loncherie Esperanza, Bernardino de Sahagua, No. 18, identified photograph of Contreras as man who sits with Lee Harvey Oswald at restaurant table at least once. Operates electrical appliance shop at corner Gonzalez Ortego and Primero de Mayo, Ciudad Camorgo, Chihuahua, MX.

Edited by Robert Howard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

Interesting and relevant to the Revolt of the Colonels topic,,,

"Then the clincher is the fact that the Dallas Civil Defense Emergency Bunker, an underground nuclear bomb proof cellar with special communications equipment, was located under the Health and Science Museum, located at the Dallas State Fairgrounds.

Was this emergency bunker in use on November 22nd, 1963? And if so, did they tape record all of the emergency radio communications? Russ Baker asks the same question and notes that Jack Crichton, who worked with some of those DPD officers in the Pilot Car in the motorcade and assisted in obtaining the interpreter for Marina Oswald on the day of the assassination, was also in charge of this shelter."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Create New...