The Education Forum

A proposal to test the Z alteration scenario

Ya know the last time I spoke to Ray Fielding he said: I want no part, NO PART of a Zapruder film debate,end of discussion. Then Rollie calls me he going to Florida and talk with Fielding...perhaps old Rollie isn't so sure... :) What's always amazed me about the Gang of Eight is they never, ever, found a optical film lab technician or optical film lab post production director to comment on what can and can't be done, provide a few compositing scenarios concerning the Zapruder film. 10 years and counting... NOTHING!

Except for Ray Fielding who called you and your work technically naive, and oh yea how about Rod Roderick, who said after viewing the film UNDER A MICROSCOPE, it was not altered.

You don't have clue, say-nothing

It would also be nice if nutters could or would find experts other than over the hill, beholden, retired KODAK film employees for commentary... I mean 39 years with KODAK, did he share a desk with Rollie?

from Noel Tyman's Bloody Treason page 55.

quote on

(Roderick)He was with Eastman Kodak.

Company in Hollywood, California, from 1947 to 1986 where he

held various engineering and executive positions, including

regional director of engineering services-motion picture

division. His entire career has been devoted to motion picture

film technology.

quote off

KODAK Engineering services? Now what the hell does that have to do with optical film composing. I could just see this dude telling Director-Actor Orson Wells he can't do this effect cause his executive position at Kodak and his film technology inclinations tells him so.... you're a joke, dude. But please carry on!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would also be nice if nutters could or would find experts other than over the hill, beholden, retired KODAK film employees for commentary... I mean 39 years with KODAK, did he share a desk with Rollie?

quote on

film technology.

quote off

KODAK Engineering services? Now what the hell does that have to do with optical film composing. I could just see this dude telling Director-Actor Orson Wells he can't do this effect cause his executive position at Kodak and his film technology inclinations tells him so.... you're a joke, dude. But please carry on!

That the best you can do davie? He was GREAT until he was not... Fetzer: "Roderick Ryan, a Hollywood expert on special effects "

You simply can't win can you daive? LMAO!

Edited by Craig Lamson

quote on

film technology.

quote off

That the best you can do davie? He was GREAT until he was not... Fetzer: "Roderick Ryan, a Hollywood expert on special effects "

You simply can't win can you daive? LMAO!

More than enough, Dude, MORE than ENOUGH! ! ! !

So good night Craig, btw, you're useless. And, I could care less who called whom what-- he meaning Dr. Jim Fetzer, who also called me an expert on the Zapruder film and you know where that led, all the way to Duluth with those you only wish you could rub shoulders with... tsk-tsk. So, are you going to Dallas and see Dr. John Costella, discuss a few items, or will you be staying in DVP's closet for the duration of the 50th's festivities, as Dave will be?

You run so fast from Zapruder alteration scenarios hon, all we can see is your backside, but that's okay, we need a closet nutter to kick around, especially seeing that Gary's ghost no longer haunts here...

Edited by David G. Healy

Richard... A little something I put together years ago, still relevant today. No one, not even Lapoon Lamson can refute this presentation with authority. Most Z-film alteration film debunkers simply do NOT understand (and that makes them nervous) the Art of Special Effects Cinematography circa. 1963/pre. 1963, aka Optical Film Printing...

http://www.assassinationresearch.com/v1n1/healy1.html

Lets instead go TO AUTHORITY to debunk the silly video technician dave healy

Zavada to Horne:

You identify your primary reference sources to support alteration as the

presentation by David Healy "HOW THE FILM WAS EDITED at Jim Fetzers

May 2003 conference and Professor Fieldings book The Technique of

SPECIAL EFFECTS Cinematography.In my early discussions with David Healy, and as noted in his paper, he

was not aware of the daylight loading procedure of the Zapruder camera

and misidentified the film types and was not knowledgeable about the

types of films used in post-production. Therefore Davids analysis appears

to follow the mindset of other proponents of alteration that they were

working in a professional film content/reproduction special effects capability

environment. Nothing could be further from the truth as the amateur 8mm

film original introduced insurmountable constraints to the purported special

optical effects changes.(pg 15)

Horne to Zavada:

Experienced film editor David Healy presented a stimulating and convincing lecture at Duluth in 2003 proving that the technology did exist in 1963 to alter 8 mm motion picture films by removing frames, and altering image content; and Professor Raymond Fielding, who discussed in depth the commonly used Hollywood techniques of traveling mattes and aerial imaging in his seminal 1965 film textbook on special visual effects in cinematography, have both provided evidence that the Zapruder film could have been altered in 1963 using existing technology.

Zavada nails the silly video repairman dave healy to the wall...

I have always believed that there are many film technology and time

constraints that preclude the Zapruder film from having been altered and

then reproduced as an undetectable KODACHROME II facsimile of the

original. With the challenges to authenticity based on image content being

the subject of Professor Fetzers May 2003 conference, I decided to

reinforce my process film technology knowledge and background by visiting

professor Raymond Fielding at the Florida State University and to review

with him copies of the Zapruder film and selected still frames. Our

conclusion following a lengthy discussion was that it would not be possible

to introduce significant scene content changes without producing easily

detectable artifacts.Subsequently in the fall of 2006, when David Healy was requesting a web

interchange of information, I submitted his chapter "HOW THE FILM WAS

EDITED and my analysis to Professor Fielding for review and received

comments that included: You may quote me if you wish in saying that (1) I

agree with your interpretation of the data and evidence available and with the

conclusions that you have reached, including questions of technical feasibility and

the time line involved, (2) in my judgment there is no way in which manipulation

of these images could have been achieved satisfactorily in 1963 with the

technology then available, (3) if such an attempt at image manipulation of the

footage had occurred in 1963 the results could not possibly have survived

professional scrutiny, and (4) challenges regarding the authenticity of the NARA

footage and assertions of image manipulation, as are suggested by Mr. Healy in

the document you sent me, are technically naïve.

you sound like a broken down old record-fossil, Lampoon... Zavada to Healy: "yes, KODAK manufactured double 8 film with no edge markings.." use your imagination toots..... whoops, with no film-image compositing experience you haven't a clue do ya?

It would benefit your inexperienced, lone nut teammates and yourself if your experience extended a bit further than simpleminded Adobe Photoshop layers... you need a full understanding of the craftmanship and compositing skills of 1963 optical film lab artists, not to mention glass painters.. Carry with the disinfo, thank you -- Management LMAO!

Poor tape recorder repairman. Stuffed under the bus by the very guy who you tried to use as a source to play your "I edit film, listen to me" baloney.

Earth to Davy. I got my chops in a production house and went on to produce MANY pieces composited on film that withstood PROLONGED inspection as advertising stills. What you gonna bring to the table, repairman? Corporate HR videos? Roflmao.

Oh, consider yourself refuted BY authority.

The problem with you, Lamson, is that you "got your chops" in advertising. I'll tell you where your services would have been useful, and my suggestion as to how to proceed. Get yourself into a time machine, go back to 1963, and offer your talents to those who produced the "Wanted for Treason" posters. I'll bet you could have done a much better job than they did.

No doubt.

DSL

5/26/13, 10:55 PM PDT

Los Angeles, California

The problem with you, Lamson, is that you "got your chops" in advertising. I'll tell you where your services would have been useful, and my suggestion as to how to proceed. Get yourself into a time machine, go back to 1963, and offer your talents to those who produced the "Wanted for Treason" posters. I'll bet you could have done a much better job than they did.

No doubt.

DSL

5/26/13, 10:55 PM PDT

Los Angeles, California

And you got your chops, writing that work of fiction,"Best Evidence"?

Was the title "Invasion of the body snatchers" already taken in the fiction section?

Edited by Craig Lamson