The Education Forum

Gallup Poll: Americans Rate JFK as Top Modern President

This is because liberals think he was a liberal, and conservatives have been fed the idea that he was a conservative; so there are very few people left that could hate him. Would conservatives approve of him as much if most of them knew that he had secret conciliatory conversations with Fidel Castro?

The poll did not ask people whether they were " liberal ", " conservative" or Martian, so one cannot conclude that labels determined the results. Also JFK stated that he did not like labels.

The poll did not ask people whether they were " liberal ", " conservative" or Martian, so one cannot conclude that labels determined the results. Also JFK stated that he did not like labels

The conclusion can be reached without having ideological breakdown in the poll. Only 3% of respondents answered that Kennedy's approval was "below average or poor."

Conservatives are the majority in this country, at least when it comes to self-identification. Even assuming that all 3% are conservative, that is a tiny number. Do you see now how my statement (i.e. there are very few people left that could hate him) is obvious?

Edited by Andric Perez

The poll did not ask people whether they were " liberal ", " conservative" or Martian, so one cannot conclude that labels determined the results. Also JFK stated that he did not like labels

The conclusion can be reached without having ideological breakdown in the poll. Only 3% of respondents answered that Kennedy's approval was "below average or poor."

Conservatives are the majority in this country, at least when it comes to self-identification. Even assuming that all 3% are conservative, that is a tiny number. Do you see now how my statement (i.e. there are very few people left that could hate him) is obvious?

No.