The Education Forum

Disappeared Thread?

Power corrupts.

One would expect Forums to be a place for an open exchange of ideas.

Sad to know there are unknown boundaries in which no one may trespass without dire consequences.

I am new to this Forum, I hope this thread is not a wake up call pointing to the true nature of the Ed. Forum.

Are the moderators concerned about control or free exchange? Keeping it civil or restricted?

Does any moderator have the power to ban without a consensus from the other moderators?

Why not a declaration of the offense and a poll by members before banning? Is this Forum a free community or is it a voluntary prison controlled by guards?

Banning someone effects the whole community : note to moderators.

Why would a moderator feel that they have the power to arbitrarily ban someone, just because they can?

Which questions can't be voiced?

I vaguely remember the history of the forum from the beginning of moderation, and before, to now. It's Johns Forum. What I think that means is that a wide selection of ideas can be posted but any uncivil trouble is frowned on. I think that, for many, necessitates a transformation of some degree. Within that there is a lot of freedom, in fact in many ways far more than many places.

I wouldn't worry too much about the numbers, Robert.

Cliff, I found your claim re hardcore interesting. Why not post a topic on it in music resources? I remember the punk scene in Perth particularly lively. Some of those obscure bands could probably be called hardcore, some of the Scientists, when they played at Hernandos Hideaway which apart from maybe a campus noon or two was when I saw them live, for example. I cannot remember how we described it but somehow hardcore fits. Some claim The Saints to be the first real punk in the world. Probably an excited fan. Cheers.

Coming soon in another location:

The Origin History of the Term "Hardcore Punk Rock": A Timeline '79-'81.

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?12892-The-Origin-History-of-the-term-quot-Hardcore-Punk-Rock-quot&p=81449#post81449

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20940

A little easier on the eyes...

I think Reitzes once posted here that after reading Posner and Bugliosi - helped persuade him to change over to a lone nut.

I swear I saw that, I know it sounds like I'm making this up, like who could be that naïve - or dishonest to even himself ?

I would think someone like that would feel more at home in macadam's pocket, so I'm sure he's over at that forum.

Cliff, I found your claim re hardcore interesting. Why not post a topic on it in music resources? I remember the punk scene in Perth particularly lively. Some of those obscure bands could probably be called hardcore, some of the Scientists, when they played at Hernandos Hideaway which apart from maybe a campus noon or two was when I saw them live, for example. I cannot remember how we described it but somehow hardcore fits. Some claim The Saints to be the first real punk in the world. Probably an excited fan. Cheers.

The Saints were pioneering punk rock right there in '76 with the Ramones, Sex Pistols, Clash, Buzzcocks, Damned, Panic (later Black Flag) and Crime (San Francisco).

For hardcore punk, my Aussie faves are the Cosmic Psychos and the Hard-Ons.

I think Reitzes once posted here that after reading Posner and Bugliosi - helped persuade him to change over to a lone nut.

I swear I saw that, I know it sounds like I'm making this up, like who could be that naïve - or dishonest to even himself ?

I would think someone like that would feel more at home in macadam's pocket, so I'm sure he's over at that forum.

It's in my best interest if Reitzes is re-instated.

My off-topic posts on that thread regarding hardcore...were...just...perfect...I'm hoping they can be recovered and put in my Music Section thread.