The Education Forum

Yuri Nosenko and the Warren Report

John Simkin

3 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Hi Tommy,

it would be great if you would start a thread and clearly state your hypothesis.

There is no cognitive dissonance in my thinking. My thoughts have evolved over the years, and most of all recently. But no writer, researcher, ex CIA agent will ever convince me that the KGB killed JFK, at least if we continue to assume that KGB and CIA were really at war. There is no motive, unless we begin by redefining the Cold War. You lol at my questioning of the premise of that war. As a result of killing JFK and ousting Khrushchev military establishments on both sides continued their enormously profitable arms business. I think the Cold War supported and perpetuated this, and this seems to be the best explanation for why that war continued, even up to the present day. 

You want me to read and believe Bagley, who was Angleton’s man. Until I make sense out of the contradictions around Angleton I have no way to put Bagley in context. So who was Angleton? A Soviet mole? I’m not the first to wonder about that. I’m reading Morley’s book now. Maybe I’ll reach some conclusion.

Paul,

Cognitive dissonance is the psychological pain a person feels when confronted with facts that conflict with their belief system.

Your lack of such pain in the context of Bagley's reasoned, fact-based analysis of the Golitsin versus Nosenko situation is due, IMHO, to your totally human decision to avoid those kinds of facts, to rationalize them away, to assume that "the devil" put them there to "bug" you, to confuse you.

By the way, Paul, Tennant H. Bagley wasn't "Angleton's man."

Bagley was the chief of the Soviet Russia (aka Soviet Block) Division's counterintelligence department, whereas Angleton was chief of the Directorate of Plans' Counterintelligence Staff.

They shared information with each other on a "need to know" basis, they brainstormed together, they argued.  And they independently came to the conclusion that Yuri Nosenko was a false defector.

--  Tommy  :sun

PS  Well, if you don't even want to read Bagley's 35-page PDF, how about this relatively short article by a former NSA counterintelligence officer? (Bagley and Nosenko are first mentioned about half-the-way down.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/20committee.com/2015/07/19/the-painful-truth-about-snowden/amp/

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/23/2018 at 6:50 PM, Thomas Graves said:

Paul,

Cognitive dissonance is the psychological pain a person feels when confronted with facts that conflict with their belief system.

Your lack of such pain in the context of Bagley's reasoned, fact-based analysis of the Golitsin versus Nosenko situation is due, IMHO, to your totally human decision to avoid those kinds of facts, to rationalize them away, to assume that "the devil" put them there to "bug" you, to confuse you.

By the way, Paul, Tennant H. Bagley wasn't "Angleton's man."

Bagley was the chief of the Soviet Russia (aka Soviet Block) Division's counterintelligence department, whereas Angleton was chief of the Directorate of Plans' Counterintelligence Staff.

They shared information with each other on a "need to know" basis, they brainstormed together, they argued.  And they independently came to the conclusion that Yuri Nosenko was a false defector.

PS  Well, if you don't even want to read Bagley's 35-page PDF, how about this relatively short article by a former NSA counterintelligence officer? (Bagley and Nosenko are first mentioned about half-the-way down.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/20committee.com/2015/07/19/the-painful-truth-about-snowden/amp/

Bumped