The Education Forum

Idaho citizen who knew Secret Service Agent says Oswald did not act alone

Pocatellan who knew someone close to JFK case believes Oswald likely didn’t act alone

Sunday, November 24, 2013 4:42 am

By Michael H. O’Donnell

Idaho State Journal

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/pocatellan-who-knew-someone-close-to-jfk-case-believes-oswald/article_7f99d61a-54fd-11e3-ae59-001a4bcf887a.html

Pocatellan who knew someone close to JFK case believes Oswald likely didn’t act alone

Sunday, November 24, 2013 4:42 am

By Michael H. O’Donnell

Idaho State Journal

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/pocatellan-who-knew-someone-close-to-jfk-case-believes-oswald/article_7f99d61a-54fd-11e3-ae59-001a4bcf887a.html

Interesting post, Douglas.

So it was Lawton, not Rybka, who was apparently "waved off" of the limo at Love Field.

I say apparently because, according to this interview of his friend Alvord, Lawton wasn't assigned to ride in the Queen Mary Secret Service car or ride on the back of the limo during the motorcade, but was assigned to Love Field itself. I've read somewhere that "Rybka" (actually Lawton) wasn't protesting being "waived off" the limo in the famous film clip which shows him raising his arms in the air in apparent dismay, but was actually joking with his colleagues in the Queen Mary, which makes sense to me given the fact that he already knew he would be staying at Love Field.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thomas - where did you read that Lawton was joking in that famous clip? Did the source also misidentify Lawton?

Paul,

I couldn't remember where I'd "read" it, so I just now googled "Don Lawton" and "Love Field" together for you (which yielded "about 1780 results") and came up with this video by Vince Palmara.

The "joking" is mentioned a few times in it. The first time it's mentioned is at 03:00.

In it Palmara admits that he confused Lawton for Rybka.

Enjoy!

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thanks, Doug, for posting that article I found just yesterday. I posted it all over Facebook, Twitter, and my blogs. It was totally ignored for a year plus- no comments, likes, etc.

See my book (and that video, but especially my book and my specialty blog on the Secret Service Standown Lawton Rybka): I was actually right- BOTH Rybka and Lawton jogged beside the limo, but it was ONLY Lawton who appeared in the infamous black and white WFAA/ ABC video (that I popularized looooong before it became that grainy You Tube video...back in 1991, to be exact, and shown at COPA 1995, COPA 1996, LANCER 1997, and on The History Channel in 2003, all pre-dating You Tube by years).

The woman's comments further put the lie to the alleged 2010 statement the (now-deceased) Lawton supposedly said to Hill that he was merely saying "I am going to lunch- have a nice trip" (try syncing THAT to the video! It is tantamount to watching the Rodney King video and someone alleging he was saying "more! more! more!"). More importantly, Lawton told me that JFK DID NOT ORDER THE AGENTS OFF THE LIMO (he rode there himself 3/23/63 in Chicago and 11/18/63 in Tampa)- he even went further, saying that the agents had "regrets- who knows, IF THEY HAD LEFT GUYS ON THE BACK OF THE CAR"...nothing about JFK ordering them off (and he agreed with fellow agents' Bob Lilley and Sam Kinney- there are many others- who denounced the JFK-IS-TO-BLAME myth).

Rybka, as can be seen in newsreels [not video, per se], such as a prominent clip in "JFK- THREE SHOTS THAT CHANGED AMERICA" and at the start of the online video (on my channel) re: Bill Greer's only video interview, did indeed walk/ job beside the limo, only to be relieved by Lawton, although BOTH briefly walked the limo for a few paces...THAT is the reason for my (our) confusion...that, and not having good photos of Rybka and Lawton's faces.

Again, see my book (including the photo section) for more. Indeed, I agree with Lawton: "He should have been there."

Vince Palamara

Thanks, Doug, for posting that article I found just yesterday. I posted it all over Facebook, Twitter, and my blogs. It was totally ignored for a year plus- no comments, likes, etc.

See my book (and that video, but especially my book and my specialty blog on the Secret Service Standown Lawton Rybka): I was actually right- BOTH Rybka and Lawton jogged beside the limo, but it was ONLY Lawton who appeared in the infamous black and white WFAA/ ABC video (that I popularized looooong before it became that grainy You Tube video...back in 1991, to be exact, and shown at COPA 1995, COPA 1996, LANCER 1997, and on The History Channel in 2003, all pre-dating You Tube by years).

The woman's comments further put the lie to the alleged 2010 statement the (now-deceased) Lawton supposedly said to Hill that he was merely saying "I am going to lunch- have a nice trip" (try syncing THAT to the video! It is tantamount to watching the Rodney King video and someone alleging he was saying "more! more! more!"). More importantly, Lawton told me that JFK DID NOT ORDER THE AGENTS OFF THE LIMO (he rode there himself 3/23/63 in Chicago and 11/18/63 in Tampa)- he even went further, saying that the agents had "regrets- who knows, IF THEY HAD LEFT GUYS ON THE BACK OF THE CAR"...nothing about JFK ordering them off (and he agreed with fellow agents' Bob Lilley and Sam Kinney- there are many others- who denounced the JFK-IS-TO-BLAME myth).

Rybka, as can be seen in newsreels [not video, per se], such as a prominent clip in "JFK- THREE SHOTS THAT CHANGED AMERICA" and at the start of the online video (on my channel) re: Bill Greer's only video interview, did indeed walk/ job beside the limo, only to be relieved by Lawton, although BOTH briefly walked the limo for a few paces...THAT is the reason for my (our) confusion...that, and not having good photos of Rybka and Lawton's faces.

Again, see my book (including the photo section) for more. Indeed, I agree with Lawton: "He should have been there."

Vince Palamara

Vince.

Was Lawton originally supposed to ride along in the Queen Mary or was he supposed to stay at Love Field?

If his assignment was to stay at Love Field, why do you think he threw his arms up in the air three times in the famous film clip?

To dramatize, "Awwww, I don't wanna stay here, I wanna go with you guys and protect the President!" ?

Edited by Thomas Graves

Duties were flexible. "Securing Love Field" was an inane waste of time, as several Dallas office agents, Air Force soldiers, and Dallas police were already on duty. Again, see my book- one must remember that shift leader Emory Roberts, a major suspect of mine, rises in his seat and, using hand gestures and his voice [although the video is silent, it is obviously inferred he spoke], tells Lawton to cease and desist...only THEN does Lawton turn and raise his hands THREE times in disgust. Agent Paul Landis even makes room for him in the follow-up car (the running board, via hopping into the car and leaving A SECTION OF THE RUNNING BOARD FOR LAWTON!), but Lawton does not budge, still doing the arms-high-in-the-air, universal sign for "what gives?!" Also, no one in the follow-up car, who are also staring at him, is smiling back. Finally, I can think of many instances when I (nervously) smiled when I was angry, surprised, hurt, etc...having a seeming "smile" on one's face does not equate to a mere joke.

Blaine's book cannot be trusted! A fellow agent, Talmadge Bailey, said Blaine's meeting of 11/25/63 is "horses**t" (regarding the alleged after-the-fact discussion of JFK's ordering them off the limo), as is the 50 year old reconstructed "dialogue" with DEAD men, save Blaine, who a) cannot defend themselves or verify anything and B) who, in several instances, TOLD ME THE OPPOSITE (in letters and or on tape): JFK did not order them to do anything. NON agents like Dave Powers and Ken O'Donnell agree, among others. In addition, Blaine submitted "contemporaneous" handwritten notes that were obviously written AFTER the fact, yet he clumsily scribbled on a November 1963 schedule, attempting too hard to hoist the blame on JFK (just Google "Blaine's fake handwritten notes"- it is 100 percent conclusive). And, again, the agents Blaine and company allegedly spoke to (almost all conveniently dead now), told me the polar opposite of what his book attempts to convey. Yes, I know all about the April 1964, after-the-fact reports submitted to the Warren Commission: see chapter one of my book and countless blogs...SAIC Behn and ASAIC Boring, along with the Director (Rowley) they were submitted to, and even Hill (!), debunked the substance of (their own) reports!

There is much more, but simply put: Blaine and Hill were (then) in their late 70's and were never going to write books...until I submitted a 22-page letter to Hill, Blaine's best friend since the late 1950's when they served together in the Denver field office...and, presto: the books and other projects "appeared". Blaine began writing his book in the summer of 2005, while Hill admitted on C-SPAN he burned his personal notes in 2005.

I sent my letter to Hill in the Summer of 2005. Hill has an unlisted phone number and address- I was very fortunate to obtain them from a (now deceased) agent, Lynn Meredith...and the rest is history.

Postscript: Rybka was "mistakenly" placed IN the follow-up car via several reports written right after the assassination, only to be "corrected" in another report. I guess Roberts thought Rybka (if not Lawton) hopped on board...so much for the he-must-stay-at-Love-Field-or-die 'mantra' of some.

I personally think Lawton had no idea until after-the-fact that he was "scheduled" to be at Love Field; perhaps Rybka, as well, for Rybka mentions nothing about it in his slim report (although he DOES mention jogging beside the limo). Lawton's report was written November 30, 8 days after the fact- by that time, stories were getting massaged and it WAS by then technically true that it was his 'assignment' to stay at the airport...but methinks Lawton was caught unaware of it until they were moving out. In Tampa, Lawton, Chuck Zboril, and PRS AGENT GLEN BENNETT (who denied he was even on the trip to the HSCA!), alternately rode on or near the limo from their vantage point on the follow-up car (Bennett was an intelligence agent for the Secret Service who monitored potential threats to the president. His denial of even being ON the Florida trip, as well as even volunteering that he was also on the NY trip, tells me that he was a covert monitor of threats and this was covered up after the assassination, lest the world know the Secret Service WAS aware of mortal threats to JFK and, still, the president died). See chapter two of my book for much more.

Roberts went on to be APPOINTMENT SECRETARY to LBJ while still being one of his agents, something no other agent has ever done from 1865-2014. The agency IS APOLITICAL and does not work "for" the president. A current agent was shocked that an agent was doing double time as a presidential appointment secretary (and there is 0.0 doubt about this- newspaper articles and agent interviews confirm these facts).

Oh, another thing: it is the SECRET SERVICE, NOT the president, who controls his security- as both Harry Truman and LBJ were quoted as saying, "The Secret Service is the only boss the president of the united states really had" [LBJ quoted Truman on this fact during a press conference] In addition, the Warren Commission testimony of Chief Rowley, the book written in 1962 by first JFK Chief Baughman, the AP story written the week BEFORE the assassination, the AP stories written right afterwards, and several agents all confirm this fact. This demolishes Blaine and Hill and their obscene attempt to blame JFK for his own death.

Blaine and Hill have literally (no hyperbole) made millions off their books and productions (a Hollywood movie is in post-production) AND the soon-to-be 83 year old Hill has yet another book coming out next year with his 50-year-old girlfriend co-author (this is not tabloid fodder- Hill confirms the relationship, as does McCubbin) [note: Hill never divorced his wife and drank the night before AND got to the limo when the shooting was all over and done with, was assigned to Jackie only, and Jackie got in and out of the limo of her own volition...so much for the "hero"...but buy his books and have him sign your assassination photos: they're big money at times on Ebay]

OOPS, Clint: by your riding briefly on the rear of the limo on main Street, you have debunked JFK's "orders"...OOPS. Don't worry, false hero- your naïve fans will gobble up your books as you literally tour the world. THE Secret Service scandal of all time: Hill and 8 other agents drinking the night before and not getting punished for losing a president- in fact, HILL WAS PROMOTED AND RECEIVED A MEDAL. Blaine and Hill make me sick.

Edited by Vince Palamara

There is so much more to say on the matter- Congressman Sam Gibbons, who sat inches away from JFK in the limousine in Tampa on 11/18/63, wrote to me and told me a) JFK did not order the agents off the car, B) he heard no such order and c) the agents were on the back of the limo the whole way. One point- in actual fact, they were on the back of the car for the vast majority of the motorcade, which also happened to be THE LONGEST DOMESTIC MOTORCADE JFK EVER HAD (only Berlin was longer...and agents rode on the back of the car there, as well), except near the end of the route, when the cars were all traveling much faster and the PUBLIC's view of the route was essentially over and done with! Among others, Tampa motorcycle police officer Russell Groover confirmed this to me, as well as multi story buildings all being guarded during this long route (FAR LONGER THAN DALLAS!) [one-story buildings were covered via agents, police, and/or military police facing the crowd, as they received many threats against JFK's life there, none of which originated from LHO] BLAINE'S SECRET SERVICE REPORT even confirms that the Sheriff's department guarded building rooftops, a STANDARD security measure used BEFORE DALLAS in many trips such as Chicago, Nashville, Milwaukee, Paris, etc. etc. etc. Chief Inspector Michael Torina, WHO WROTE THE SECRET SERVICE MANUAL (ya think HE would know??), confirmed the guarding of building rooftops as standard fare in a) a book written in 1962 and B) in conversation with myself (there are also several contemporary news accounts of this security measure, even ones dating back to IKE, TRUMAN, and FDR eras!).

Imagine if the building rooftops would have been guarded in Dallas...

Former Chief U.E. Baughman confirmed this security measure as a fact in a December 1963 news article (all in my book).

Oswald or not Oswald, the assassination should have been prevented.

The hell with Oswald or a conspiracy- the Secret Service agents are the REAL "men who killed Kennedy."

Edited by Vince Palamara

In a sense the SS is concerned with the protection of the presidency. It is in a sense also intensely political if one considers a world of communists and capitalists. However, perhaps not so important. This Glenn Bennet character sounds interesting. If I could I would ask him about Ewald Peters.
A writeup of what the SS did between presidents. I suppose that would be between the time JFK was declared dead and LBJ had taken the oath.

edit add :

I should perhaps explain my interest in Ewald Peters. He was the west german head of seurity of chancellor adenhour and erhardt overseeing things during jfk's berlin visits. He was arrested in early 1964 as he returned with erhardt from rome because east german anti-nazis had worked out that he was the commander of a death squad in the eastern front operating south west of minsk. He started as a constable in a village in germany, joined the sa, joined the einstatzgruppen, and at the end of wwii ... disappeared, ... , was reborn as kriminalrat sometime in the late 50's. He died in prison a couple of weeks after being arrested from a case of suicide. A footnote in Time (jan feb '64) under a large LBJ spread. He had been in the US before kennedys death, after at LBJ's ranch and at JFK's funeral. Should be easy to find. Wrong. A vague suspicion of who he is in various photos. After he suicided the case was closed. From where I'm sitting having looked through Der Spiegel, Le Monde, Life, Time, Jstore I found a very few brief inches. No obituary, except one interesting thing. He had been trained in the US and an SS guy, according to the NY times, if my memory serves me, was mentioned as a good friend.

Edited by John Dolva