The Education Forum

Mimi Alford's book

I just read Mimi Alford's book last month - i know this is not about the assassination, but I thought the book was pretty good, a bit enlightening (to me) in the ways of JFK, etc. I thought it was well written, pretty revealing in the ways of human behavior and feelings - a "darkish" side to the President that i've read (probably by inadvertant choice) very little of before.

Anyone else read it? Any thoughts?

I just read Mimi Alford's book last month - i know this is not about the assassination, but I thought the book was pretty good, a bit enlightening (to me) in the ways of JFK, etc. I thought it was well written, pretty revealing in the ways of human behavior and feelings - a "darkish" side to the President that i've read (probably by inadvertant choice) very little of before.

Anyone else read it? Any thoughts?

The book was a pack of lies, Glenn.

Greg, I don't disagree that there have been attempts to undermine Kennedy's legacy over the years, but let's not pretend like he was a perfect saint just because we like his policies. Of course he had multiple affairs. Mimi could be lying, but I highly doubt it.

Greg, I don't disagree that there have been attempts to undermine Kennedy's legacy over the years, but let's not pretend like he was a perfect saint just because we like his policies. Of course he had multiple affairs. Mimi could be lying, but I highly doubt it.

You obviously didn't bother reading a single one of those. Which strongly supports my contention in the very first link I posted...

I have read most of it. I do like your work in general, but IMO you're overly skeptical of Alford. You don't think Kennedy had multiple affairs?

No. What I am saying is that the claims lack evidence. And in Aldfords case, they started with a complete LIE about the evidence through Dalek.