The Education Forum

How Much Do You Think Oswald Weighed On 11/22/63?

His autopsy report says he weighed an "estimated 150 pounds."

His fingerprint card, made while he was still alive on 11/22/63, says he was 69.5 inches tall (5' 9 1/2") and weighed 131 pounds.

Oswald-1_wide-f940dace24c9adf53b188c6a32

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His fingerprint card, made while he was still alive on 11/22/63, says he was 69.5 inches tall and weighed 131 pounds.

Assuming Oswald was about 5' 10" tall, looking at the photograph I'd have to say he weighed the 131 pounds.

What do other members think?

--Tommy :sun

PS Why is this important? Basically because police officer Marion Baker said the suspect he encountered either on the 2nd floor (Oswald?) or the 4th floor (Tan Jacket Man / Brown Coat Man?) was about 30 years old and weighed about 165 pounds. Key witness Howard Brennan said the assassin was about 5' 10" tall and weighed between "160 and 170 pounds." And last but not least, there's the mysterious "witness" who told police inspector J. Herbert Sawyer a few minutes after the assassination that he'd seen a man weighing "about 165 pounds" running away from the rear of the TSBD a few seconds after the assassination. About fifteen minutes after the assassination, Sawyer broadcast the first description of the suspected assassin over the police radio: "About 30 years old, 5'10" tall, 165 lbs."

Edited by Thomas Graves

As I proved earlier [in another EF thread], it was certainly possible for a person to stare right at Lee Harvey Oswald and guess his AGE and WEIGHT incorrectly. And Marrion L. Baker's 11/22/63 affidavit is the PROOF that that did happen. And, as fate would have it, Howard Brennan said the sixth-floor assassin was around 30 years of age and weighed about 165 to 175 pounds....perfectly matching Baker's inaccurate guesses with respect to the real Lee Harvey Oswald. And Mr. Oswald just happened to be a man whose fingerprints (and bullet shells) littered the exact same place where Brennan saw his "30-year-old, 165- to 175-pound" assassin in the window firing a rifle.

How 'bout that for coincidence?

Baker's 11/22 Affidavit:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4oxRP0t5ZBM/Tvw52B7FIGI/AAAAAAAABwU/QbBHYHhIM4Q/s1200-h/Marrion-Baker-Affidavit.gif

Brennan's 11/22 Affidavit:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jTmnYgFvqzM/Tvw3vTpzhsI/AAAAAAAABuI/QJ__Z34iHho/s1200-h/Howard-Brennan-Affidavit.gif

Edited by David Von Pein

As I proved earlier [in another EF thread], it was certainly possible for a person to stare right at Lee Harvey Oswald and guess his AGE and WEIGHT incorrectly. And Marrion L. Baker's 11/22/63 affidavit is the PROOF that that did happen. And, as fate would have it, Howard Brennan said the sixth-floor assassin was around 30 years of age and weighed about 165 to 175 160 - 170 pounds....perfectly matching Baker's inaccurate guesses with respect to the real Lee Harvey Oswald. And Mr. Oswald just happened to be a man whose fingerprints (and bullet shells) littered the exact same place where Brennan saw his "30-year-old, 165- to 175-pound" assassin in the window firing a rifle. [correction made by T. Graves based on Brennan's WC testimony; see details on the other thread]

How 'bout that for coincidence?

Baker's 11/22 Affidavit:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4oxRP0t5ZBM/Tvw52B7FIGI/AAAAAAAABwU/QbBHYHhIM4Q/s1200-h/Marrion-Baker-Affidavit.gif

Brennan's 11/22 Affidavit:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jTmnYgFvqzM/Tvw3vTpzhsI/AAAAAAAABuI/QJ__Z34iHho/s1200-h/Howard-Brennan-Affidavit.gif

Thanks David. Please see my rebuttal to your argument in that other thread.

The tally so far:

"Oswald weighed very close to 131 pounds on 11/22/63" -- Tommy, Paul B., ..... (2)

"Oswald weighed kinda close to 'an estimated 150 pounds' on 11/22/63" -- DVP, ... (1)

Who else would like to cast their vote?

Edited by Thomas Graves

I'm no "trained observer" like a police officer--hell, I'm not even a "trained suspicioner" like Harry Holmes.

But I'd call Oswald's size on 11/22/63 to be "around 5'8" - 5'9" tall" [because I'm 6'1", I know he's several [more than two] inches shorter than me. And I'd peg his weight, based upon that build, at about 'a buck and a quarter' [125 lbs.] because I was once down to 175 pounds, and I looked a LOT heavier than Oswald does in the photos. [My current weight is not pertinent to the discussion.]

So Tommy...those are my answers to your question.

I'm no "trained observer" like a police officer--hell, I'm not even a "trained suspicioner" like Harry Holmes.

But I'd call Oswald's size on 11/22/63 to be "around 5'8" - 5'9" tall" [because I'm 6'1", I know he's several [more than two] inches shorter than me. And I'd peg his weight, based upon that build, at about 'a buck and a quarter' [125 lbs.] because I was once down to 175 pounds, and I looked a LOT heavier than Oswald does in the photos. [My current weight is not pertinent to the discussion.]

So Tommy...those are my answers to your question.

Thanks, Mark.

That makes it "131-pound Lightweight" -- Tommy, Paul B., Mark,... (3)

-- vs --

"150-pound Super Welterweight" -- DVP,... (1)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_class_(boxing)

Who else would like to cast their vote? Does anyone else out there think that Oswald looks like he could weigh "an estimated 150 pounds?"

Edited by Thomas Graves

I agree with Mark. I'm 6'0" and the lightest I ever was as an adult was 164 pounds. When I look at pictures of myself back then I definitely have 30+ pounds on Lee Oswald as he appears above. So put me down for Oswald being a lightweight.

Thanks, Randy.

In high school I was 6' 5" and a whopping 167 pounds, about as skinny as Oswald is in the above photograph. But at least I could dunk the basketball (if nobody was guarding me).

The Tally So Far:

"Lightweight" (131 lbs) -- Tommy, Paul B., Mark, Randy, ... (4)

"Super Welterweight" (150 lbs) -- DVP, ... (1)

Who else?

His fingerprint card, made while he was still alive on 11/22/63, says he was 69.5 inches tall (5' 9 1/2") and weighed 131 pounds.

I thought that, during an autopsy, the body would have actually been weighed in order to ensure that all information gleaned was accurate?

I thought that, during an autopsy, the body would have actually been weighed in order to ensure that all information gleaned was accurate?

Good point, Ian.

Wanna see with your own eyes that autopsy report that says "estimated 150 pounds?"

BTW, how much do you think he weighs in the photograph?

131 pounds or 150 pounds?

Or do you want to stay noncommittal on it?

Tommy,

Not particularly, I'm sure you wouldn't have made that up!!!

Well, being a UK resident and still dealing in 'old money', I look for stones and pounds; 131lbs converts to 9st 5lbs - that's pretty light...131lbs in boxing terms is around super-featherweight depending upon which sanctioning body you refer to (IBF, WBO etc.) which is quite a small guy. 150lbs converts to around 10st 10lbs.

So, all in all, I can't be sure if I'd really notice the difference. Would be nice to have photos of 2 guys of around the same height and these 2 weights as a comparison.

Tommy,

Not particularly, I'm sure you wouldn't have made that up!!!

Well, being a UK resident and still dealing in 'old money', I look for stones and pounds; 131lbs converts to 9st 5lbs - that's pretty light...131lbs in boxing terms is around super-featherweight depending upon which sanctioning body you refer to (IBF, WBO etc.) which is quite a small guy. 150lbs converts to around 10st 10lbs.

So, all in all, I can't be sure if I'd really notice the difference. Would be nice to have photos of 2 guys of around the same height and these 2 weights as a comparison.

Fair enough, Ian Old Boy. Let me put it to you this way. If Baker really confronted Oswald that day, how likely do you think he would have described him as being "around 165 pounds?"

165lbs = 11st 11lbs. For a ~5'9" guy, that still may not be particularly large though.

Again, some comparison photos would be good...

Difficult for me as I'm quite short and overweight!!!

Ian,

I didn't say that 5' 9 1/2" and 165 pounds was "particularly large" for a man. I said it's noticeably larger than 5' 9 1/2" and 131 lbs.

But perhaps you disagree.

So, should I put you down as voting that Oswald, as he looks in the photo, was closer to 131 lbs that day, or closer to 150 lbs?

Or is it just too difficult for you to say one way or the other?