The Education Forum

Where was Roy Truly Right after the last Shot was Fired?

Hi Linda.

Did you try locating the women that worked with Truly and Campbell?

Surely if you found one of them you could just show them some images of those outside the building and ask them to pick out anyone they recognize. They or their family may even have photos of TSBD staff members. Sounds easy but I know it's not and please don't give up on this guy for Campbell, he's in a prime position for people watching and the way he's surrounded by all those females he's the most likely candidate for me even if he was not near Truly at the time.

bF4VD63.jpg

Unattached man with a good job?

Babe magnet!

Clive,

Been there, done that.

You're looking in the wrong direction. You need to look about ninety degrees to the right.

Mrs. Robert A. "Jeraldean" Reid is the woman (whose face is only partially visible) standing behind the woman wearing the dark-colored dress and the white blouse in the Weigman frame, below. To help you find her, Jeraldean is wearing glasses and has dark hair. (Roy Truly is off to the right about eight feet and was not captured in this particular Weigman frame.) Jeraldean Reid said in her statement that she was standing with Roy Truly and Ochus Campbell when the motorcade passed by. http://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11104#relPageId=79&tab=page Truly is visible in a different Weigman frame which was taken within five seconds of this one.

Frame-From-Wiegman-Film.jpg

Hat and suit-wearing Truly is at the far right edge of the photo, below. He is visible just barely above the roof of the gray car.

GixxFY5.png

IEJmpY.gif

If you had read this thread, you would have known all of this already.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can just see you with a witness Tommy. You wouldn't lead them the wrong way intentionally though, no, of course not.

What's wrong with covering all bases?

I think it's Campbell and I'm not alone, so I again ask Linda to put this man's image's in any future line up if she gets the opportunity and I hope she get's a break like that.

I can just see you with a witness Tommy. You wouldn't lead them the wrong way intentionally though, no, of course not.

What's wrong with covering all bases?

I think it's Campbell and I'm not alone, so I again ask Linda to put this man's image's in any future line up if she gets the opportunity and I hope she get's a break like that.

Dear Clive,

You seem to be suggesting with the "no, of course not" that I am intentionally misleading.

Well, do you see the Truly I'm talking about?

If so, do you think he's not Truly?

Maybe you don't see the little, hat-and-suit-wearing guy I'm talking about.

Would you like for me to show you again?

When you say, "I think it's Campbell," I don't know who you're talking about in the images.

Please clarify.

Which guy in the Weigman frames do you think is O. V. Campbell?

Didn't Campbell say he was with Truly, and vice versa?

Thank you,

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy,

I don't think you'd intentionally mislead a witness no, the point I was making however crudely, is that what you exhibited in your response could be hurtful to the gathering of evidence if you were to put your case to a witness like that instead of covering all bases. You know this. Your not intentionally misleading but by putting your theory on the table first you would in fact be leading them(I witnessed a terrible case of this recently and if I can find it again I'll post a link to it here).

I said before that your man is the best likeness of Truly I've seen anyone point to and I've not changed my opinion but that doesn't put Campbell with him, I'm only asking for you and Linda to keep your options open.

(Just a thought but if it was Truly who was the prime suspect for this murder and it was he who was arrested and then slain, only some of us would be calling the man you pointed out Truly, the rest would be arguing about it).

The man I still like is the "not Truly" guy with arms folded in the Wiegman frame above.

He's at "the curb" in a prime position where he said he walked to just as the motorcade began.

He's one suited man surrounded by a harem.

He's on the steps after the TSBD has been pointed to and visibly helping police(there is a reference to that in the testimony from a cop, can't find it right now).

I don't think he has to be with Truly during the actual event, it's just a minute of time, if we are with someone all morning and apart for just a minute how do we sum it up?

A note for Linda.

The man in Wiegman and Martin appears to be short with perhaps a pink or light coloured tie, his twin is tall and with dark tie.

GnPMJn7.jpg

Tommy,

I don't think you'd intentionally mislead a witness no, the point I was making however crudely, is that what you exhibited in your response could be hurtful to the gathering of evidence if you were to put your case to a witness like that instead of covering all bases. You know this. Your not intentionally misleading but by putting your theory on the table first you would in fact be leading them(I witnessed a terrible case of this recently and if I can find it again I'll post a link to it here).

I said before that your man is the best likeness of Truly I've seen anyone point to and I've not changed my opinion but that doesn't put Campbell with him, I'm only asking for you and Linda to keep your options open.

(Just a thought but if it was Truly who was the prime suspect for this murder and it was he who was arrested and then slain, only some of us would be calling the man you pointed out Truly, the rest would be arguing about it).

The man I still like is the "not Truly" guy with arms folded in the Wiegman frame above.

He's at "the curb" in a prime position where he said he walked to just as the motorcade began.

He's one suited man surrounded by a harem.

He's on the steps after the TSBD has been pointed to and visibly helping police(there is a reference to that in the testimony from a cop, can't find it right now).

I don't think he has to be with Truly during the actual event, it's just a minute of time, if we are with someone all morning and apart for just a minute how do we sum it up?

A note for Linda.

The man in Wiegman and Martin appears to be short with perhaps a pink or light coloured tie, his twin is tall and with dark tie.

[...]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clive,

Linda and I have pointed out a large, suit-wearing man standing in front of and near "my" Truly in Weigman and other films / photographs.

I think this large man is O. V. Campbell, and I believe Linda does, too.

TSBD employee Mrs. R[obert] A Reid, aka Jeraldean Reid, said in her statement to the FBI that she was watching the motorcade with Truly and Campbell.

Mrs. Reid can be seen in Weigman, standing about 8 feet away from "my" Truly and the large, suit-wearing man I referred to, above.

Edited by Thomas Graves

[....]

A note for Linda.

GnPMJn7.jpg

Clive.

Note the completely different chins.

I don't know who the guy on the left is, but he resembles Robert D. Steel, the old native Texan and ONI Special Agent (and close friend of Paul Bentley (q.v.)) I interviewed in La Jolla a few years ago who, when I asked him, could remember how long his WW II ship (USS Sea Scout) was, where he was when he heard Pearl Harbor had been attacked, but for the life of him couldn't remember where he was when he heard JFK had been shot. Ironically, Linda thinks the guy on the left is a different ONI guy.

The guy on the right looks a little like Dallas Secret Service SAIC, Forrest Sorrels.

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 8 months later...

Tommy said:

[...]

JsKy2lV.png

As for the "sliver" of suit on Campbell - I guess I imagined that to be his dark tie or a scarf hanging down the middle. If that's a sliver of his suit .... what is all that white stuff? Is there someone standing there in white that makes it look like he has a white or light-colored shirt or jacket on? . I'm lost on the sliver part....

Linda,

When I say "sliver," I'm not talking about his tie, I'm talking about his jacket. In the Wiegman frame you posted, "Campbell?" is wearing a dress-up coat or jacket, only a small portion of which is visible covering his left shoulder and side because the frame's edge prevents us from seeing more of said coat or jacket.

I think your "Campbell?" in that Wiegman frame is the same guy that's in the small yellow rectangle, above, (look at how much of his white shirt is showing in both frames) and that he's also possibly the big suit-wearing guy who tried to wave Marion Baker up the steps in Couch / Darnell.

BTW, I'm going back to the idea that the pirouetting "Big Lumbering Guy" in Couch / Darnell [not the guy who tried to wave Baker up the steps] might have been big Jack Dougherty, in spite of the fact that he testified that he was inside the TSBD at the time.

Or who knows? Maybe Jack was up on the sixth floor, planting evidence.

Tommy...OK!!!! Now I think I finally "see" what you mean about all that white stuff in our original Campbell in Wiegman - when you showed how he is the same big guy in the Bell photo (the guy I have the yellow rectangle around him) with his suit jacket unbuttoned and open, and a large area of his torso/white shirt/dark tie exposed. So that is what I'm seeing in our Wiegman "Campbell" (and so the dark area down his middle must be the dark tie as I thought).

[...]

Now... interesting coincidence you should bring up Dougherty! Just yesterday I came across a thread at another JFK assassination forum in which Wes Riddle, a year or 2 ago, identified Dougherty as a big tall dark headed guy in SKAGGS 16, about to be put in a squad car to be taken to DPD for questioning! I had never seen this thread before - don't know how i missed it! It's brilliant. And I don't see that anyone there in that thread refuted his identification. I had never studied a blow up of Skaggs 16 before! Well I did yesterday and cropped out and blew up his face huge.

[...]

EqFV1Lc.png

"Company D" 1940

2z9CPw8.png

"Company D" 1941

s1ydKbN.png

edited a bit and bumped

Comment: So, it looks like Jack Dougherty was good with a rifle. Hmmm...

Edited by Thomas Graves