The Education Forum

Charles A. Briggs Sr.

Here is one of the last posts he sent me in that private thread:

Chris,

Every investigation - DPD, FBI, WC, HSCA - concluded Oswald killed JFK and Tippit and wounded Connally, so the trial aspect really isn't relevant. Furthermore, no evidence has surfaced that Oswald could not have done it and no one has proven the SBT could not have happened; absent any strong, conflicting evidence, therefore, it must have happened. While the SBT started as a theory, it's the one theory that has been proven beyond reasonable doubt since nothing has surfaced indicating the wounds were caused any other way.

This is the GM that I 'know' and loath. As the "icon" for LHO as LN, this person did more to pervert the thinking of the population over a period of decades than anyone including "The Kennedy Detail". Yet for some reason his demise made him untouchable on this forum. This post is what GM has been selling (and "selling" is precisely the word - as he has received money in exchange for his salesmanship) to the masses for decades. It's only my personal opinion that he actually knows the truth, and if so then he has sold out for 'fame fortune.' Edited by Tom Neal

Very good point Chris, I have to admit that if I knew something about Briggs I've forgotten it...sigh. But its sort of like calling a former officer involved in Cuban penetration missions back to

debrief guys that were involved with a Castro assassination project.....pretty clear what was going on there. I'm beginning to wonder if a "protection" mission would explain Brigg's extensive

consulting work after his retirement. Wonder if a FOIA for his contracting files would be in order.

It would be helpful if someone in Dallas could take a listen to the following, listed on the Sixth Floor Museum web site. The listing would suggest that Briggs was indeed an employee of the design firm....but engaged in research....

Charles A. Briggs

The former executive director of the Central Intelligence Agency, Briggs spent one year working on research for The Sixth Floor project in the Washington, D.C., offices of exhibition designers Bob Staples and Barbara Charles. Recorded February 16, 200

http://www.jfk.org/the-collections/oral-history/oral-history-names/?alpha=B

His oral history is listed as being available at the Museum. Which also raises the question, given his career history, as to why he would have given an oral history related to the assassination. Should be a fascinating interview.

Edited by Larry Hancock