The Education Forum

JFK Forum: Rules of Behaviour and other points

John Simkin

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, David, the last thing an alcoholic needs is a drink. There, but for the Grace of God, go I. Halt is all around the world. Hunger Anger Loneliness Thirst. It doesn't mean get pissed.

It could be helpful to have the posts restored. I messaged as much as soon as I noticed them invisible. There is much that can be positive that can come out of the dialog. I appreciate the thought but I think it's misguided. There is a world in alcoholism, a brotherhood and sisterhood, that includes all alcoholics in whatever circumstance. I would like to speak of it.

Thank you, Evan.

• 4 weeks later...

A reference was made to first page views.

For enabling ''view 5, 10, 20, etc.'' topics per page makes locating topics and posts of interest easier.

This is done in ''My Controls'' > ''Board Settings''

• 3 months later...

Is there a reason why the moderator actions thread is locked so nobody can ask any questions?

I would like to know if David Von Pain or David Reitze have been members here and if they were put on moderation or banned and if so why?

DVP is saying he can no longer post here because he was promoting the truth.

Thanks,

BK

The moderator actions is for moderators only. We can start a complaints thread and technical issues thread here if members think it would be useful.

I looked up the names given but they are not current members and not having been for at least 2 years. When did they join? When did they last post?

Thanks!

I would like to know if David Von Pain or David Reitze have been members here and if they were put on moderation or banned and if so why?

It seems they have never been members here, so Mr Von Pein's claim that he can no longer post here because he was promoting the truth is obviously wrong.

It seems they have never been members here, so Mr Von Pein's claim that he can no longer post here because he was promoting the truth is obviously wrong.

Well someone posted a thread that DVP had contributed to on Ed Forum JFK Ass Debate so he was a member here at one time, and here's what they say about it:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/thread/bcfee2a952c9d95e

What was the violation that led to DVP's exit, and will he be allowed back in if there is a team debate with him, McAdams and Retize on one side?

>BK: you can join up and put a photo of yourself up on Ed Forum and

> tell everybody who you are and then attack my thinking on some of them

> there, but you won't, will ya?

I wouldn`t last there anyway, so why bother? They threw DVP out after 4

days, and it had a lot more to do with the ideas he was expressing than

the phony photo issue they used to oust him. Plenty of people have no

photo or unrecognizable photos there, and it wasn`t an issue until DVP

started embarrassing some of the retards there by actually bringing up the

evidence.

> You like being under the protective

> umbrella of John McAdams.

You seem to want to go where you can have Simkin`s protection. But we

can take our disputes to a neutral site like alt.conspiracy.jfk if you

like. Youl like me a lot less there.

It's a Forum requirement that all members have a link to their bio in the signature portion of their posts. Here's how to set that up.

Go to the Introduce Yourself board and start a new thread with your name as your title.

In the bio you can put as much or as little as you like, but normally people give a little background into their particular interests here (just 9-11, just JFK, interest in all the forms that a conspiracy may take, etc) and any particular skills they might have (interest in forensics, CPA, 15 years as a consulting engineers, etc). As the board name suggest, it's about introducing yourself.

If you feel happy to do so, you can also just add some personal information, such as where you come from, married or not, etc - stuff you'd put in a normal bio. Remember though - the bio is public, so do NOT put in anything you want to keep private.

After you have posted your bio, copy a link to it. You can do this by going to the number in the top right-hand corner of the post (e.g. #1), and using the right-click command on your mouse, select Copy Link Location (for Firefox) or Copy Shortcut (for IE).

Next, go to your personal profile settings by clicking on your name in the top right-hand section of the Forum. A list of options will appear.

Select My Settings.

On the page that appears, there will be some tabs across the top under MY OPTIONS and a list of menu items down the left of the page. From the top row, select Profile.

The list of menu items on the left will have changed, and one will be Change Signature. Select that.

An edit box will appear. This is where you place the link to your bio and anything else you'd like to add to your bio like. The most common way to add your bio is to write the word 'Biography', highlight it, select add link from the top of the edit box (that's the icon at top, to the right of the smiley face, that looks like a little chain link). Paste the address to your bio (which you copied in the previous steps) in there and click on Insert Link.

When finished, select Save Changes and you're done!

BTW, you should also have a look around the various settings there, so you can customise aspects of the board to your liking.

• 1 month later...