The Education Forum

Sen. Thomas Dodd and JFK by Lisa Pease

Jim:

This all reminds me that, email, books, threads and reading is no substitute for face-to-face, as far as real communication is concerned. What we miss is facial expression, tone, body language, etc. This is where the real "message" is relayed.

Tanenbaum actually sat and talked with Chris Dodd. Tanenbaum was an experienced homicide investigator, and no doubt an excellent reader of people and of deception. The fact that Dodd is "tainted" (and I'm certain his father was involved and complicit) speaks volumes about him selecting Blakey for the HSCA. The tactic (of censorship and cover-up) that comes to mind is "using official channels to give an appearance of justice".

Something tells me that Corruption of blood is by no means fiction. I found this in a Rolling Stone article:

“Because facts are routinely distorted through one prism by sources with agendas to serve, connecting inferred dots in a fictional narrative can be a stronger vehicle than conventional journalism for getting to the truth of a situation."

Gene

Gene

Yep for example:

The Parallax View.

Yep for example:

The Parallax View.

Jim,

Excellent example!

Considering its conspiracy content and the PRE-PLANNED substitution of a 'patsy' for the actual killer, I am AMAZED that this movie has not been made to 'vanish' over the years. Not only did it NOT disappear, it even made it onto BluRay. Now if we could get people to watch this instead of 11-22-63...

Tom

The Parallax View was such an interesting film since it involved so many elements of the invisible government into one story.

The assassination of a liberal leader (modeled on the RFK murder), the elimination of witnesses, the use of drugs to off them, the choosing and programming of susceptible homicidal types, the private corporation doing the shadow government's dirty work (a la Permindex), the setting up of a patsy at the end. and the blue ribbon cover up that begins and ends the movie. And when you watch it again, the guy who speaks from the panel resembles John McCloy. (BTW, the FBI agent played by Kenneth Mars who talks to Beatty on the choo choo train ride, is named Will Turner because the late Bill Turner was the technical consultant on the film.)

On top of that, it was a really interesting story line about the ambitious reporter who gets in over his head, and the "i Love ya, but you're crazy kid" editor, who they kill when they find out who the reporter really is. And it is a very well done movie also. Who can forget that famous montage sequence in the middle, or the opening shot and scene? Plus, its well acted with Beatty, Hume Cronyn, and an indelible Paula Prentiss at the beginning.

I will never forget the first night I saw it. When it was over, I just sat down in my seat and muttered to myself, "That's America, that's the way the system works."

Edited by James DiEugenio

I said in Reclaiming Parkland that the time period of 1964-1975 was the greatest era of American film since the Silent Clowns of Keaton, Chaplin, Lloyd and Langdon.

This was one of the last vestiges of that era before Star Wars and Jaws changed everything.

Edited by James DiEugenio