The Education Forum

A Question For Paul Trejo

Hi Paul,

As you may have noticed, I've "been away" for awhile, which would explain why there are a lot of posts I haven't read yet.

Which leads me to the question: Were you ever able to confirm whether or not Hemming met with Morales and Bannister?

PS I think I've found a small discrepancy in Weberman's "Nodule 10" in which he claims than a FBI document "generated" on April 11, 1963, stated that Hemming "was in Dallas IN APRIL just before someone took a potshot at General Walker on April 10, 1963." [emphasis added]

When you look at the FBI document Weberman refers to, you realize that the informant told the FBI that Hemming (and Hall) "remained in Dallas on March 24 and 25," and no mention is made of either of them being in Dallas after those dates. (NARA Record Number 124-10294-10354)

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/weberman/nodule10.htm

hint: press "ctrl" - "F" and type in "april 11"

FWIW,

-- Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves

Hi Paul,

As you may have noticed, I've "been away" for awhile, which would explain why there are a lot of posts I haven't read yet.

Which leads me to the question: Were you ever able to confirm whether or not Hemming met with Morales and Bannister?

PS I think I've found a small discrepancy in Weberman's "Nodule 10" in which he claims than a FBI document "generated" on April 11, 1963, stated that Hemming "was in Dallas IN APRIL just before someone took a potshot at General Walker on April 10, 1963." [emphasis added]

When you look at the FBI document Weberman refers to, you realize that the informant told the FBI that Hemming (and Hall) "remained in Dallas on March 24 and 25," and no mention is made of either of them being in Dallas after those dates. (NARA Record Number 124-10294-10354)

FWIW,

-- Tommy

Well, I see that Paul Trejo has posted on another thread since I created this one, so I can only assume that he has no interest in answering my question. Which leads me to the logical conclusion that he was never able to prove that Hemming met with Morales and Bannister before the assassination.

Bummer.

-- Tommy

Hi Paul,

FWIW,

-- Tommy

Well, I see that Paul Trejo has posted on another thread since I created this one, so I can only assume that he has no interest in answering my question. Which leads me to the logical conclusion that he was never able to prove that Hemming met with Morales and Bannister before the assassination.

Bummer.

-- Tommy

Tommy, I first saw your post this very minute. It's a great question.

To answer briefly: No, I have not yet confirmed whether or not mercenary Gerry Patrick Hemming ever met with CIA agent David Morales, or with radical right politician, Guy Banister.

I have only surmised that Hemming and Banister met, because Hemming and his "Interpen" Cuba Raid group were active throughout the South, and Guy Banister was closely connected with the paramilitary training camp near Lake Pontchartrain, allegedly financed by Carlos Marcello who owned the property (and Guy Banister gave Marcello legal advice).

As for Weberman's "Nodule 10," which claims than some FBI memo of April 11, 1963, said that Gerry Patrick Hemming "was in Dallas in April, 1963, before someone took a potshot at General Walker on April 10, 1963, that is news to me. However -- the personal papers of General Walker at UT Austin contain a written correspondence between Hemming and Walker.

Gerry Patrick Hemming himself said that he and members of Interpen had visited General Walker in Dallas soon after the potshot. The Interpen guys sat on Walker's back porch, smoking and drinking and sharing war stories for an afternoon.

Hemming actually said (and I think it was on this very FORUM shortly before he died) that he was surprised at how calm and cool that General Walker behaved, sitting next to the very same window through which the potshot came. Hemming wondered at the time whether General Walker had simply staged the shooting for publicity purposes.

Also, Loran Hall did admit that he tried to extract money from General Walker to support his own Cuba Raid group, "La Sambra." This was after Hall and Hemming had split up, I surmise.

So, Hemming himself said he was with General Walker after the potshot.

We must remember, too, that early in 1963 Walker had already won a few court cases against the Associated Press for broadcasting the facts that General Walker had led the racial riots at Ole Miss in September 1962. The rumor was spread that General Walker had millions, and wanted to spend it to invade Cuba.

That's a big reason that Gerry Patrick Hemming and Loran Hall tried to cozy up to Walker in 1963. We know this from the written correspondence found in Walker's personal papers.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Hi Paul,

FWIW,

-- Tommy

Bummer.

-- Tommy

Tommy, I first saw your post this very minute. It's a great question.

To answer briefly: No, I have not yet confirmed whether or not mercenary Gerry Patrick Hemming ever met with CIA agent David Morales, or with radical right politician, Guy Banister.

I have only surmised that Hemming and Banister met, because Hemming and his "Interpen" Cuba Raid group were active throughout the South, and Guy Banister was closely connected with the paramilitary training camp near Lake Pontchartrain, allegedly financed by Carlos Marcello who owned the property.

As for Weberman's "Nodule 10," which claims than some FBI memo of April 11, 1963, said that Gerry Patrick Hemming "was in Dallas in April, 1963, before someone took a potshot at General Walker on April 10, 1963, that is news to me. However -- the personal papers of General Walker at UT Austin contain a written correspondence between Hemming and Walker.

Gerry Patrick Hemming himself said that he and members of Interpen had visited General Walker in Dallas after the potshot. The Interpen guys sat on Walker's back porch, smoking and drinking and sharing war stories for an afternoon.

Hemming actually said (and I think it was on this very FORUM shortly before he died) that he was surprised at how calm and cool that General Walker behaved, sitting next to the very same window through which the potshot came. Hemming wondered at the time whether General Walker had simply staged the shooting for publicity purposes.

Also, Loran Hall did admit that he tried to extract money from General Walker to support his own Cuba Raid group, "La Sambra." This was after Hall and Hemming had split up, I surmise.

So, Hemming himself said he was with General Walker after the potshot.

We must remember, too, that early in 1963 Walker had already won a few court cases against the Associated Press for broadcasting the facts that General Walker had led the racial riots at Ole Miss in September 1962. The rumor was spread that General Walker had millions, and wanted to spend it to invade Cuba.

That's a big reason that Gerry Patrick Hemming and Loran Hall tried to cozy up to Walker in 1963. We know this from the written correspondence found in Walker's personal papers.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Paul,

The point I was trying to make is that the informant in the document seemed to suggest that the last day he was aware of Hemming's being in Dallas was March 25, and that Webberman had somehow misinterpreted it to mean that Hemming had been in Dallas "in early April."

--Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves

Paul,

The point I was trying to make is that the informant in the document seemed to suggest that the last day he was aware of Hemming's being in Dallas was March 25, and that Webberman had somehow misinterpreted it to mean that Hemming had been in Dallas "in early April."

--Tommy

Yes, Tommy, I have that excerpt right here. In fact, let me post it again word-for-word. Weberman claims on this basis that Gerry Patrick Hemming was in Dallas in April 1963.
  • WEBERMAN wrote: An FBI document confirmed that HEMMING was in Dallas in April 1963 just before someone took a pot shot at General Walker on April 10, 1963. On April 11, 1963, the FBI generated a document titled "FBI, Dallas, Texas. Subject: GERALD PATRICK HEMMING, Lorenzo Hall, Dallas, Texas 2-65 (field) 2-1693 (Bureau)." HEMMING denied being in Dallas at this time and said he wasn't there until July 1963.
I believe we agree, Tommy, that Gerry Patrick Hemming knew many facts, and had many associates relating to the JFK assassination, and that he sometimes told the truth, and he sometimes lied about the facts.
As for HEMMING's alleged denial that he was in Dallas until July 1963, HEMMING himself contradicted this, when he said that he was in Dallas, on General Walker's very back porch before the end of April. He didn't give an exact day, but he gave the month. So, again, we have proof that HEMMING lied so often that he contradicted himself. He didn't care.
Also, HEMMING explained on this very FORUM why he didn't care. He said that anybody who came forward to tell the truth would be murdered right away -- not by the actual JFK plotters, but by the hundreds of folks who were swindled out of money by fake plotters!
According to HEMMING, mercenaries all over the USA would solicit money from rich donors to murder JFK. Then, after JFK really was (surprisingly) assassinated, these swindlers would return to their rich donors with a message of blackmail: "Give me more money or I'll tell the world that you killed JFK!"
According to HEMMING, the predictable response of the rich donors was always to hire a hit man from the Mafia to rub out their blackmailer. So, dozens of swindlers were being killed -- although they had nothing to do with the JFK murder, and neither did their rich donors -- but their rich donors falsely believed that the money they donated was the money used to murder JFK. So, anybody who would dangle the Truth about the JFK murder would be killed by some hit man paid by misguided rich donors. That was what HEMMING himself said -- and that was why he insisted on being widely known as a L-I-A-R.
I have only two problems with Weberman's narrative in NODULE 10, namely:
(1) Weberman suggests that JFK fired Walker from his post as US General. That was a myth that Walker himself liked to promote, because it has political sizzle. Actually, JFK and the Joint Chiefs offered Walker a solid post in Hawaii -- and didn't want the scandal of Walker being the only US General to resign in the 20th century.
(2) Weberman suggests that Walker ran for Texas Governor in 1962 after the racial riots of Ole Miss in 1962. Obviously that gets the dates backward. Actually, Walker stood for gubernatorial election in May 1962, and lost, and then led the racial riots in October, 1962.
I was pleased that Weberman included actual written correspondence from HEMMING to WALKER.
As for Weberman's speculation that OSWALD's accomplice in the WALKER shooting was none other than HEMMING, he doesn't provide documented evidence for it. I agree that OSWALD had at least one accomplice, driving in at least one car, and perhaps using a different rifle. The bullet fragment recovered from the incident was so badly distorted that no expert could link it with any rifle. That's the official fact.
IMHO, it is unlikely that HEMMING was the shooter at WALKER, because Weberman's theory presumes that this was a "False Flag" shooting, while I strongly deny that theory. It is my only disagreement with the new book by Jeff Caufield, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy (2015).
IMHO, the shooting at Walker was real, and involved a group of Dallas liberal yuppies, including George De Mohrenschildt, Volkmar Schmidt and perhaps Michael Paine. It also involves former Marine, Roscoe White, whose chin, neck, shoulders, right wrist and stance are all featured in OSWALD's backyard photographs, which OSWALD himself forged using equipment at Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall.
So you see, that is where Weberman and I sharply disconnect.
Weberman is also mistaken to presume that HEMMING shot at WALKER by using OSWALD's rifle -- since we have no scientific evidence about the source of that bullet fragment -- it was so distorted. Nor did OSWALD bury or hide his rifle as he told Marina. OSWALD lied often to Marina, telling her he was on foot, that he was alone, and that he buried his rifle -- all lies. But Marina didn't know these were lies.
Now, HEMMING claims that the motive for the April shooting was to portray OSWALD as violent, so that OSWALD would be framed for the JFK assassination in November. It doesn't make sense to me. First, Oswald was never booked for the shooting, so he was never portrayed as violent until after he was dead.
The more likely scenario is the one that WALKER himself published from 1963 to the end of his life in 1993, namely, that he found out that OSWALD was his secret shooter by the following weekend of April, on Easter Sunday. (This was confirmed by Dick Russell; TMWKTM). WALKER was convinced that RFK had sent OSWALD to kill him over the Ole Miss scandal, and so at that time WALKER conceived his revenge.
WALKER's revenge would be to assassinate JFK later in the year, with OSWALD set-up nicely as a Communist by WALKER's associates in the Radical Right Wing in New Orleans, starting with David Ferrie, a former associate of OSWALD whom OSWALD would trust.
I think Weberman is mistaken to suspect HEMMING of the WALKER shooting. HEMMING did buzz around WALKER all year long, because the word on the street was that WALKER had won millions in court cases against the Associated Press. Nothing more.
Thus, I would not be surprised to learn that HEMMING was in Dallas for the entire month of April, hoping to get money. Yet even when HEMMING was a member of this FORUM, he speculated that the WALKER shooting was a publicity stunt. It just doesn't match my own theory.
Actually, IMHO, the WALKER shooting was the very motive of the JFK assassination.
Regards,
--Paul Trejo
<edit typos>
Edited by Paul Trejo

Paul,

--Tommy

Yes, Tommy, I have that excerpt right here. In fact, let me post it again word-for-word. Weberman claims on this basis that Gerry Patrick Hemming was in Dallas in April 1963.
  • WEBERMAN wrote: An FBI document confirmed that HEMMING was in Dallas in April 1963 just before someone took a pot shot at General Walker on April 10, 1963. On April 11, 1963, the FBI generated a document titled "FBI, Dallas, Texas. Subject: GERALD PATRICK HEMMING, Lorenzo Hall, Dallas, Texas 2-65 (field) 2-1693 (Bureau)." HEMMING denied being in Dallas at this time and said he wasn't there until July 1963.
I believe we agree, Tommy, that Gerry Patrick Hemming knew many facts, and had many associates relating to the JFK assassination, and that he sometimes told the truth, and he sometimes lied about the facts.
As for HEMMING's alleged denial that he was in Dallas until July 1963, HEMMING himself contradicted this, when he said that he was in Dallas, on General Walker's very back porch before the end of April. He didn't give an exact day, but he gave the month. So, again, we have proof that HEMMING lied so often that he contradicted himself. He didn't care.
Also, HEMMING explained on this very FORUM why he didn't care. He said that anybody who came forward to tell the truth would be murdered right away -- not by the actual JFK plotters, but by the hundreds of folks who were swindled out of money by fake plotters!
According to HEMMING, mercenaries all over the USA would solicit money from rich donors to murder JFK. Then, after JFK really was (surprisingly) assassinated, these swindlers would return to their rich donors with a message of blackmail: "Give me more money or I'll tell the world that you killed JFK!"
According to HEMMING, the predictable response of the rich donors was always to hire a hit man from the Mafia to rub out their blackmailer. So, dozens of swindlers were being killed -- although they had nothing to do with the JFK murder, and neither did their rich donors -- but their rich donors falsely believed that the money they donated was the money used to murder JFK. So, anybody who would dangle the Truth about the JFK murder would be killed by some hit man paid by misguided rich donors. That was what HEMMING himself said -- and that was why he insisted on being widely known as a L-I-A-R.
I have only two problems with Weberman's narrative in NODULE 10, namely:
(1) Weberman suggests that JFK fired Walker from his post as US General. That was a myth that Walker himself liked to promote, because it has political sizzle. Actually, JFK and the Joint Chiefs offered Walker a solid post in Hawaii -- and didn't want the scandal of Walker being the only US General to resign in the 20th century.
(2) Weberman suggests that Walker ran for Texas Governor in 1962 after the racial riots of Ole Miss in 1962. Obviously that gets the dates backward. Actually, Walker stood for gubernatorial election in May 1962, and lost, and then led the racial riots in October, 1962.
I was pleased that Weberman included actual written correspondence from HEMMING to WALKER.
As for Weberman's speculation that OSWALD's accomplice in the WALKER shooting was none other than HEMMING, he doesn't provide documented evidence for it. I agree that OSWALD had at least one accomplice, driving in at least one car, and perhaps using a different rifle. The bullet fragment recovered from the incident was so badly distorted that no expert could link it with any rifle. That's the official fact.
IMHO, it is unlikely that HEMMING was the shooter at WALKER, because Weberman's theory presumes that this was a "False Flag" shooting, while I strongly deny that theory. It is my only disagreement with the new book by Jeff Caufield, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy (2015).
IMHO, the shooting at Walker was real, and involved a group of Dallas liberal yuppies, including George De Mohrenschildt, Volkmar Schmidt and perhaps Michael Paine. It also involves former Marine, Roscoe White, whose chin, neck, shoulders, right wrist and stance are all featured in OSWALD's backyard photographs, which OSWALD himself forged using equipment at Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall.
So you see, that is where Weberman and I sharply disconnect.
Weberman is also mistaken to presume that HEMMING shot at WALKER by using OSWALD's rifle -- since we have no scientific evidence about the source of that bullet fragment -- it was so distorted. Nor did OSWALD bury or hide his rifle as he told Marina. OSWALD lied often to Marina, telling her he was on foot, that he was alone, and that he buried his rifle -- all lies. But Marina didn't know these were lies.
Now, HEMMING claims that the motive for the April shooting was to portray OSWALD as violent, so that OSWALD would be framed for the JFK assassination in November. It doesn't make sense to me. First, Oswald was never booked for the shooting, so he was never portrayed as violent until after he was dead.
The more likely scenario is the one that WALKER himself published from 1963 to the end of his life in 1993, namely, that he found out that OSWALD was his secret shooter by the following weekend of April, on Easter Sunday. (This was confirmed by Dick Russell; TMWKTM). WALKER was convinced that RFK had sent OSWALD to kill him over the Ole Miss scandal, and so at that time WALKER conceived his revenge.
WALKER's revenge would be to assassinate JFK later in the year, with OSWALD set-up nicely as a Communist by WALKER's associates in the Radical Right Wing in New Orleans, starting with David Ferrie, a former associate of OSWALD whom OSWALD would trust.
I think Weberman is mistaken to suspect HEMMING of the WALKER shooting. HEMMING did buzz around WALKER all year long, because the word on the street was that WALKER had won millions in court cases against the Associated Press. Nothing more.
Thus, I would not be surprised to learn that HEMMING was in Dallas for the entire month of April, hoping to get money. Yet even when HEMMING was a member of this FORUM, he speculated that the WALKER shooting was a publicity stunt. It just doesn't match my own theory.
Actually, IMHO, the WALKER shooting was the very motive of the JFK assassination.
Regards,
--Paul Trejo
<edit typos>

Paul,

Thanks for the longish "lecture," but you seem to be missing the point I was trying to make (or perhaps you're just ignoring it and hoping it will go away?) -- that Webberman obviously misread the FBI document and incorrectly interpreted it to mean that Hemming had been in Dallas as late as "early April" (by extension April 10?), when in fact the informant said, in so many words, that Hemming and Hall had remained in Dallas only until March 25.

Capisce?

-- Tommy

Paul,

Thanks for the longish "lecture," but you seem to be missing the point I was trying to make (or perhaps you're just ignoring it and hoping it will go away?) -- that Webberman obviously misread the FBI document and incorrectly interpreted it to mean that Hemming had been in Dallas as late as "early April" (by extension April 10?), when in fact the informant said, in so many words, that Hemming and Hall had remained in Dallas only until March 25.

Capisce?

-- Tommy

Oh, OK, Tommy, thanks for the direct point. So, from that FBI document, the Interpen guys were in Dallas only until March 25th, but then again joined General Walker in Dallas a few days after April 10th, according to HEMMING himself, to console him after this attempted assassination.

I agree with you that Weberman -- despite his many valuable interviews with Gerry Patrick HEMMING -- nevertheless jumped to many conclusions in trying to connect the dots -- which was typical of his generation of JFK CT writers.

I want to admit that Weberman was imperfect -- but I also want to congratulate Weberman for many keen insights into HEMMING, among them, that HEMMING admitted that he called OSWALD on 11/21/1963 to offer him double the price of his Manlicher-Carcano rifle if he would bring it to the TSBD the next morning.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Dallas liberal yuppies - assassination is not in their playbook. It might have been in Hemming's though.

Your imagination runneth wild

You're jumping to conclusions, Paul B. What I said was that the Dallas Liberal Yuppies were "involved" and not that they had directly participated in the assassination of General Walker.

We know this as a historical fact because we have Volkmar Schmidt on YouTube admitting his role. He also confessed this to a distinguished member of our FORUM, Bill Kelley some years ago. Schmidt admitted that he worked for hours on OSWALD, trying to convince him that General Walker was as dangerous as Adolf Hitler. We have this on video.

Now, Schmidt also insisted, "I never wanted him to shoot Walker." And I believe Schmidt here. That is the paradox of Liberal politics -- it is both pacifist and righteous -- sort of passive-aggressive.

Furthermore, we have evidence from George De Mohrenschildt and his 1977 manuscript, I'm a Patsy! I'm a Patsy!

In this manuscript George admits that he labored to get OSWALD to hate and despise General Walker. George would call Walker "General Fokker" to make OSWALD laugh.

Also, Michael Paine admitted in the 1990's that the very first time he met OSWALD, to drive Lee and Marina to his home for dinner in early April, OSWALD showed Michael one of his Backyard Photographs. Michael did not volunteer this fact to the Warren Commission -- which actually never asked him that direct question.

This is what I mean by involvement. Liberals tried to influence OSWALD, not knowing that OSWALD was a man of ACTION, rather than simply words. They all said they were surprised and even shocked to learn that OSWALD had actually acted on their ideas.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Paul,

Capisce?

-- Tommy

Oh, OK, Tommy, thanks for the direct point. So, from that FBI document, the Interpen guys were in Dallas only until March 25th, but then again joined General Walker in Dallas a few days after April 10th, according to HEMMING himself, to console him after this attempted assassination.

I agree with you that Weberman -- despite his many valuable interviews with Gerry Patrick HEMMING -- nevertheless jumped to many conclusions in trying to connect the dots -- which was typical of his generation of JFK CT writers.

I want to admit that Weberman was imperfect -- but I also want to congratulate Weberman for many keen insights into HEMMING, among them, that HEMMING admitted that he called OSWALD on 11/21/1963 to offer him double the price of his Manlicher-Carcano rifle if he would bring it to the TSBD the next morning.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Paul,

Under your scenario, what would the platters have done if Oswald had turned Hemming's offer down?

Along the same line, what if Oswald had come down with the flu and called in sick on 11/22/63?

Would the bad guy's have moved to "Plan B"?

-- Tommy

Paul,

Capisce?

-- Tommy

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Paul,

Under your scenario, what do you think the plotters would have done if Oswald had turned Hemming's offer down?

-- Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves

Please - what I was referring to was the ridiculous moniker Dallas liberal yuppies.

Well, Paul B., your statement is biased against Dallas citizens, IMHO, by tacitly suggesting that every single citizen of Dallas in 1963 was right-wing.

That's simply incorrect. There were several liberal people in Dallas. Young people were in the forefront.

Volkmar Schmidt, for example, was politically liberal. Michael and Ruth Paine were also liberal in their politics.

George De Mohrenschildt and the Russian expatriate community in Dallas have been unfairly accused of being Radical Rightists, but that is only because they were Anticommunists -- against the Radical Left.

Actually, Russian expatriates in Dallas were also strongly Anti-Nazi -- and wanted nothing to do with the Radical Right because of the association with Adolf Hitler -- who ravaged Russia in an unforgettable manner.

This is why none of the Russian expatriates in Dallas would have anything to do with General Walker -- and this included George De Mohrenschildt in a major way. One only needs to read his 1977 manuscript, I'm a Patsy! I'm a Patsy! to recognize this.

HAPPY LABOR DAY,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Paul,

Under your scenario, what would the platters have done if Oswald had turned Hemming's offer down?

Along the same line, what if Oswald had come down with the flu and called in sick on 11/22/63?

Would the bad guy's have moved to "Plan B"?

-- Tommy

Tommy,
Under my scenario, if Lee Harvey Oswald had turned down Gerry Patrick Hemming's offer of double the price of his rifle to bring it to the TSBD on Friday, they would have selected some other Patsy -- possibly including Hemming himself.
I say this because Hemming himself suggested it -- because Loran Hall was in Dallas on 11/22/1963, and he had in his possession Gerry Patrick Hemming's own rifle! This is actually part of the FBI record, and many here know the story very well.
I believe that many Patsies had been pre-identified. Loran Hall himself was probably a possible Patsy; since the FBI could trace Hemming's rifle to Hall, and Hall was the guy who was in Dallas.
Maybe Harry Dean was a possible Patsy as well -- Harry Dean himself suggested this to me, since Harry was close to Loran Hall, and also was a former Secretary for the FPCC in Chicago.
This seems to me to be confirmed by Joseph Milteer's statement to Willie Somerset, namely, "They will pick up SOMEBODY within hours."
Milteer didn't name the Patsy -- there were plenty to choose from, IMHO.
HAPPY LABOR DAY,
--Paul Trejo
Edited by Paul Trejo