The Education Forum

Kennedy pushed for Israeli Nuke Inspections

I have complained lately about how everyone in the research community is obsessed with JFK and Vietnam, or JFK and Cuba.

Below is one of the key points of Kennedy's Middle East policy, which has--like many aspects of his foreign policy--has been pretty much ignored.

http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/nukevault/ebb547-Kennedy-Dimona-and-the-Nuclear-Proliferation-Problem-1961-1962/

But it is really important, especially for today's world.

JFK was really determined not to have atomic weapons in the Middle East, by Israel or anyone else. In fact, most experts on the subject agree that Kennedy was the last president who took the subject, and the whole issue of NNP seriously. After him, both Johnson and Nixon pretty much ignored the issue.

This is up at Consortium News

https://consortiumnews.com/2016/09/11/how-israel-stole-the-bomb/

LBJ and Nixon pretty much dropped Kennedy's policy on the issue.

I have complained lately about how everyone in the research community is obsessed with JFK and Vietnam, or JFK and Cuba.

Below is one of the key points of Kennedy's Middle East policy, which has--like many aspects of his foreign policy--has been pretty much ignored.

http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/nukevault/ebb547-Kennedy-Dimona-and-the-Nuclear-Proliferation-Problem-1961-1962/

JFK was really determined not to have atomic weapons in the Middle East, by Israel or anyone else. In fact, most experts on the subject agree that Kennedy was the last president who took the subject, and the whole issue of NNP seriously. After him, both Johnson and Nixon pretty much ignored the issue.

It seems to me that JFK could have put himself in the crosshairs with his stand on Israel and nuclear weapons. As we learned later from Mordechai Vanunu, who was a whistleblower at Dimona in the 80's, nuclear weapons were being developed.

I don't understand why this area has not been weighed and evaluated either. I recall when MPC's book "Final Judgment" came out in the early 90's he was labeled a crackpot in some circles. His thesis was far too narrow, imo, but FJ did bring out some interesting information.

It seems to me that JFK could have put himself in the crosshairs with his stand on Israel and nuclear weapons. As we learned later from Mordechai Vanunu, who was a whistleblower at Dimona in the 80's, nuclear weapons were being developed.

I don't understand why this area has not been weighed and evaluated either. I recall when MPC's book "Final Judgment" came out in the early 90's he was labeled a crackpot in some circles. His thesis was far too narrow, imo, but FJ did bring out some interesting information.

We can add to this situation JFK's heritage, as Joe Sr. was a Hitler appeaser. I don't know if Israel would have trusted JFK no matter what he did. LBJ, on the other hand, was an enthusiastic supporter of Israel and did nothing to interfere with Dimona.

LOL

I mean who was not?