The Education Forum

Marina's testimony of September 6, 1964?

I was looking at a copy of a Dallas Morning News Article which appeared on what looks to be September 7, 1964 here:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=62491#relPageId=46&tab=page

September 7, 1964 was a Monday. The article says that Marina was questioned for more than 5 hours on Sunday "here" about discrepancies in some of her earlier testimony.

Sunday would have been September 6, 1964.

The article says that the three Commission members (Russell, Cooper and Boggs, and Rankin of the Staff), who held the press conference, would not comment.

I can't tell from the news article if Marina was questioned at the Dallas Naval Air Station, or if it was just the press conference that was held at the Dallas Naval Air Station.

The article says that Captain Will Fritz and Marina Oswald were the only people questioned that day.

The article says that the three Commission members and Rankin arrived on Saturday, and that it was the first visit to the assassination scene for Russell and Boggs.

Can someone point me to a transcript of this September session?

Steve Thomas

Steve:

That WC deposition of Marina is really fascinating and it makes up a key part of my two chapter biography of Oswald in Destiny Betrayed, second edition. You can find the transcript in Volume 5, of the WC, around page 589.  As far as I know the questioning did take place at the naval hangar. (See pages 147-48 of Destiny Betrayed)

Take special note of who was not there. Dulles, McCloy and Ford were not there.  Neither was Warren. This constitutes more evidence of my Southern Wing vs Eastern Establishment dichotomy of the Commission.  The ultimate proof of this was contained in Howard WIllens' diary when he had it online. In dealing with a Secret Service issue, he noted that he had the opinions of, I think, Warren and McCloy, but he needed to ascertain those of the other two commissioners, Dulles and Ford.

Uh Howard, weren't there seven commissioners?  What do you mean by "the other two"?  That shows you that 1.) There was a definite split in both opinion and power on the WC, and 2.) Willens was up  to his neck in it.  He has always been an underrated player in the JFK cover up.

Edited by James DiEugenio

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Steve:

That WC deposition of Marina is really fascinating and it makes up a key part of my two chapter biography of Oswald in Destiny Betrayed, second edition. You can find the transcript in Volume 5, of the WC, around page 589.  As far as I know the questioning did take place at the naval hangar. (See pages 147-48 of Destiny Betrayed)

Take special note of who was not there. Dulles, McCloy and Ford were not there.  Neither was Warren. This constitutes more evidence of my Southern Wing vs Eastern Establishment dichotomy of the Commission.  The ultimate proof of this was contained in Howard WIllens' diary when he had it online. In dealing with a Secret Service issue, he noted that he had the opinions of, I think, Warren and McCloy, but he needed to ascertain those of the other two commissioners, Dulles and Ford.

Uh Howard, weren't there seven commissioners?  What do you mean by "the other two"?  That shows you that 1.) There was a definite split in both opinion and power on the WC, and 2.) Willens was up  to his neck in it.  He has always been an underrated player in the JFK cover up.

James,

Thank you. I'm reading through it now.

The bus ticket is fascinating isn't it?

"They took everything else, your passport and diploma and Lee's Social Security card, and everything else, and just happened to overlook this bus ticket? How did that happen?"

"I don't know, they just did."

*smile*

Steve Thomas

PS. I agree with you about the geographical "dichotomy"

Good one on the bus ticket Steve.

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Good one on the bus ticket Steve.

James,

In the newspaper article I cited above, it says that the Commissioners conferred behind closed doors with Captain Will Fritz that Sunday morning.

Are you aware of any record of this session with Fritz?

Seems a little odd that they would want to talk to Fritz so close to before the Report went to press.

I found it a little odd to that they would use the Court Reporter for Judge Hughes "here". Is that the same Sarah Hughes who would administer the oath to Lyndon Johnson?

Steve Thomas

According to Walt Brown's book, The Warren Omission, there was no record of that late Fritz interview.

As per question two, I would assume so but am not sure.