The Education Forum

Did a Far-Right/Industrial faction double-cross a Mob/Anti-Castro faction?

Just dropping this quote here for future use..

George Smathers:

from this thread:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/1113-george-smathers/#comment-78184

Nixon is commonly supposed to have been introduced to Bebe Rebozo by Richard Danner, the courier and connecter who left the FBI to become city manager of Miami Beach at. a time when it was under the all-but-open control of the Mob. Danner first met Nixon at a party thrown in Washington in 1947 by another newly elected congressman, George Smathers. Smathers was by that time already an intimate friend and business partner of Rebozo and a friend of Batista. When Nixon vacationed in Havana after his 1952 election to the vice-presidency, Syndicate-wise Danner used his clout with Lansky's man Norman "Roughhouse" Rothman to get gambling credit at the Sans Souci for Nixon's traveling companion, Dana Smith. We recall Dana , Smith as the manager of the secret slush fund set up to finance Pat Nixon's cloth coats, the exposure of which led to the famous Checkers TV speech during the 1952 campaign. Smith dropped a bundle at the Sans Souci and left Cuba: without paying it back. Safe in the States, he repudiated the debt. That infuriated Rothman. Nixon was forced to ask the State Department to intervene in Smith's behalf.

It is poetically satisfying to imagine Nixon and Rebozo meeting through Danner. When Danner reenters in the next to last act of Watergate with the $100,000 from Hughes which only he seems to have been able to deliver, we may sense a wheel coming full circle. But there is the possibility also that Rebozo and Nixon actually connected in Miami in 1942, and it is almost certain that they knew of each other then, as will emerge.

Here are the fragments with which we reconstruct Rebozo: (1) he is associated with the anti-Castro Cuban exile community in Florida; (2) an all-Cuban shopping center in Miami is constructed for him by Polizzi Construction Co., headed by Cleveland Mafioso Al "The Owl" Polizzi, listed by the McClellan crime committee as one of "the most influential members of the underworld in. the United States"; (3) his Key Biscayne Bank was involved in the E. F. Hutton stock theft, in which the Mafia fenced stolen securities through his bank.

Rebozo's will to power appears to have developed during the war, when he made it big in the "used-tire" and "retread'' business. Used-tire distributors all over the country; of course, were willingly and unwillingly turned into fences of Mafia black market tires during the war. Rebozo could have been used and still not know it.

He was born in 1912 in Florida to a family of poor Cuban immigrants, was ambitious, and by 1935 had his first gas station. By the time the war was over, his lucrative retread business had turned him into a capitalist and he was buying up Florida land. Before long he was buying vast amounts of it in partnership with Smathers and spreading thence into the small-loans business, sometimes called loan-sharking. From lending he went to insuring. He and Smathers insured each other's business operations. His successes soon carried him to the sphere of principalities and powers the likes of W. Clement Stone of Chicago and the aerosol king Robert Abplanalp, both of whom met Nixon through him. Also during the war, Rebozo was navigator in a part-time Military Air Transport Command crew that flew military transports to Europe full and back empty, which some find a Minderbinderesque detail.

During the first year of the war, before going into the Navy, Nixon worked in the interpretations unit of the legal section of the tire-rationing branch of the Office of Price Administration. Investigator Jeff Gerth has discovered that three weeks after Nixon began this job, his close friend-to¬-be, George Smathers, came to federal court for the defendant in this case, United States vs. Standard Oil of Kansas. U.S. Customs had confiscated a load of American-made tires reentering the country through Cuba in an "attempt to circumvent national tire rationing," i.e., bootleg tires. Smathers wanted to speed up the case for his client, and so wrote to the OPA for a ruling. His letter must have come to Nixon, who, OPA records show, was responsible for all correspondence on tire rationing questions. It was therefore Nixon's business to answer Smathers. Especially since this was the first knock on the door, it would be nice to know what Nixon said and how the matter was disposed of. "Unfortunately," reports Gerth, "most OPA records were destroyed after the war. The court file for this case is supposed to be in the Atlanta Records Center, but a written request submitted to the clerk of the civil court on July 6, 1972, has not been honored, despite the usual one week response time. Written questions submitted to President Nixon and Bebe Robozo have also gone unanswered. Among the relevant questions is whether Miami was one of the regional offices Nixon set up.

Was this the bending of the twig? And if Rebozo and Nixon actually did meet then, even if only through bureaucratic transactions around the flow of tires, then they met within the sphere of intense Syndicate activity at a time when Roosevelt's Operation Underworld had conferred immense prestige and freedom of movement on Syndicate activities. Could the Nixon-Rebozo relationship escape being affected by FDR's truce between law arid crime?

Let us spell out this theory of Nixon's beginnings in A-B-C simplicity.

Prohibition: Organized crime takes over the distilleries industry.

Repeal: Bootlegging goes legit, the Syndicate thereby expanding into the sphere of "legal" operations. This is the first big foothold of organized crime in the operations of the state.

Cuba/Batista: Lansky goes to Cuba in 1934 in search of a molasses source, meets and courts the newly ascendant strongman Batista, stays three weeks and lays plans for developing Havana into the major off-shore freezone of State-side organized crime, Cuba playing the role in the Caribbean of Sicily and Corsica in the Mediterranean.

World War II: In despair of otherwise securing the physical security of the docks against sabotage which may or may not have been Fascist-inspired, Roosevelt accepts a secret arrangement with organized crime. He comforts Luciano in prison and agrees to release him to exile at the end of the war. He generates an atmosphere of coalition with crime for the duration. In that atmosphere, Syndicate projects prosper. But one of the smugglers, Kansas Standard, gets too brazen and is caught, perhaps, by naive customs officials. Smathers takes the case for the defendant and thus comes into contact with Nixon.

Noting Gerth's discovery that the records of this case have inexplicably disappeared from the files, noting Rebozo's involvement in the tire business and his rapid enrichment during World War II, and noting Smathers's well-known affection for Cuban associations, we generalize to the straight-forward hypothesis that Nixon may have been fused to the Syndicate already in 1942. Was his 1944 stint in the Navy a sheep-dipping? Look at this rise: 1946: Nixon for Congress; 1948: Nixon for Congress (II); 1950: Nixon for Senate; 1952: a heartbeat away.k

So it is another Dr. Frankenstein story. The Yankees beget in sheer expediency and offhandedness the forces that will later grow strong enough to challenge them for leadership. Operation Underworld was the supreme pioneering joint effort of crime and the state, the first major direct step taken toward their ultimate covert integration in the Dallas-Watergate decade.

------------------------

Gil Jesus wrote

The subject of assassination as a tool of state (in regard to Cuba) was discussed by JFK and Smathers. Smathers could not remember whether he brought it up or JFK did, but Smathers suggested, according to Warren Hinkle and William Turner (Deadly Secrets-The CIA/Mafia War against Castro and the Assassination of JFK, pg. 73) , that any assassination attempt be coupled with a staged incident at the Guantanamo Naval Base that would provide a pretext for intervention by American Forces.

Smathers' suggestion about using Guantanamo as an excuse to invade Cuba was similar to the plan suggested by Richard Nixon in his post-invasion visit to the White House when he suggested finding "legal cover" such as "defending our base at Guantanamo" as an excuse for "going in ".

Shortly thereafter, Kennedy learned enough of Smathers' right-wing associations to make him wary.

Edited by Michael Clark

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guantanamo Bay----------

-After a wiki-reading of the Guantanamo lease, It looks like item one would be up for interpretation based on how friendly our relations were. Certainly Cuba would want more than $5000 by now, and probably in 1959 as well.

I am thinking that a hostile, illegitimate, Communist Cuba would convincingly be argued to be a government that we would no longer need to deal with. The fact that we have sent lease checks is an odd caveat to that situation. I imagine that the fact that we attempt to pay in checks rather than gold is only a notional matter.

-----------------

The 1903 lease agreement was executed in two parts. The first, signed in February, included the following provisions:

1. a promise by Cuba to lease to the United States a specified area at Guantanamo Bay "for the time required for the purposes of coaling and naval stations";
  2. the right to acquire any privately owned land within the leased area "by purchase or by exercise of eminent domain with full compensation to the owners thereof";
  3. the right to use the areas as naval stations, and for no other purpose, with a non-exclusive easement to adjacent waters;
  4. consent on the part of Cuba to the US exercising "complete jurisdiction and control over" within the leased area;
  5. recognition by the US of Cuba's "ultimate sovereignty" over the leased area.

The second agreement, signed five months later in July 1903, established the amount of USD$2,000 to be paid to Cuba annually by the US. Additional stipulations included the following:

1. payments were to be made in gold coin.
  2. the US would pay to build and maintain fences marking the boundary of the leased area;
  3. commercial and industrial activities in the area would be restricted;
  4. mutual right of extradition
  5. a duty-free zone, but not a port of entry for weapons or other goods into Cuba proper
  6. Cuban shipping to have the right of access to the Bay
  7. ratification to be within seven months.

The lease amount was changed in 1933 to $3676.50 and in 1934 to $4085. Payments have been sent annually, but only one lease payment has been cashed since the Cuban Revolution and Fidel Castro claimed that this check was deposited due to confusion in 1959, and the Cuban government has not cashed further checks.

---------------

I am assuming there is more to dig into in this matter.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Michael Clark

Edit*** just dropping this James McCord thread here...

---------------------------

one thing I need to look at is if there was ANY possibility of invading Cuba in 1972. And would the Mob/Anti Castro Cuban faction have had any real prospect of an invasion of Cuba in 1972. Imjust started scratching at the CIA Factbook.

Edited by Michael Clark

Reserved

Re: Veciana, Phillips, Oswald meeting

This is making sense to me I as I place it against the backdrop of my theory. DAP Phillips is, again, bolstering the confidence of the Anti Castro Cubans. DAP and AV meet and Oswald is produced; a Russian speaking, former defector, former military, (a crack shot Phillips says).. This all happens in the presence of a high-level CIA contact. Perhaps Veciana is told that this Oswald is the fall guy; perhaps he is told that another Oswald whom he has met, or has yet-to-meet is the fall-guy. I am assuming the former right now as I don't really see our DPD LHO inspiring much confidence.

I would think that the sheep-dipping operations in New Orleans would have already made LHO known the ACC's in New Orleans. Perhaps the LHO that DAP and Veciana met was not the NOLA sheep-dipped LHO.

Maybe Wynne has looked at the whole H&L thing and can speak to whether he now has any doubts about whether he saw H or L.

Either way, I have to go over all of the DAP/AV Dallas meeting materials. All of this would imply that Veciana may have known about the Dallas hit and I don't think that he has admitted to that.

This also might have been a sheep dipping of Anti-Castro Cubans. Once Veciana Saw LHO being paraded around as the lone patsy, he would have known that he could be personally implicated by virtue of having known and met Oswald, in Dallas. He would also known that a Cuban invasion would not be happening.

---------------------------------

There might be some repetition from above, but I'll drop this here:

The Veciana/Oswald meeting is now looking to me as a sort of sheep-dipping of the Anti-Castro Cubans. Clandestine cameras or photographers may have taken pictures of AV and LHO together, or  coming and going at the same time. Perhaps DAP was taking the pics.

These photos could be used to implicate the Ant-Castro Cubans as part of the conspiracy, blowing the plan to blame it on Commie-Cubans. Once LHO became news on the afternoon of 11-22-63, Vecania would have known that they were double-crossed.

A Similar situation/scenario probably happened with Ruby and the Mob.

Edited by Michael Clark

How was Ruby compelled to kill Oswald?...... brainstorming

I am imagining something like this took place to coerce Ruby.....

When the double-cross plan was triggered, the double crossers told the Mob / ACC there was a problem with the original plan, namely

-That information turned-up connecting Ruby to LHO, or OHL, or whatever....

-Nuclear weapons were "discovered" to still be present on Cuba. That info was new and was released only after the hit, in order to avert nuclear war.

-That information "surfaced" that tied Carlos Marcello diriectly to Oswald; and that a world of hurt was going to come down on the Mafia.

-That information surfaced that tied Myer Lansky to the hit, or made some other Jewish/Mafia connection that would bring a world of hurt down on Jews. This could explain Ruby's comments about (need to verify the exact words) another holocaust.

-I am imagining something like this conversation... "Jack, your the only one that can get to him. You have to do it or it's going to mean nuclear war (Or haulocaust, or Mafia Purge)!" And... "Jack, we'll get you a bunch of the best lawyers. You'll be a hero to most of the country. We'll get you out on bail. We'll keep this thing wrapped-up in court for years. We might be able to get you off Scott-free! But, You've got to do it before the funeral is over!"

-------------

Jim Garrison, Playboy interview: "

"Remember his (Ruby's) repeated lament, "Now there will be pogroms. They will kill all the Jews."?  "

--------------

Warren Comission testimony of Jack Ruby:

"Mr. RUBY. I have been used for a purpose, and there will be a certain tragic occurrence happening if you don't take my testimony and somehow vindicate me so my people don't suffer because of what I have done."

-----------------

From the first post of this thread:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/6924-john-armstrong-hold-the-harvey-and-lee/&_fromLogin=1

"But, I digress. My purpose in starting this thread is to show Forum members a page from 'Documents and Photos for John Armstrong's book Harvey and Lee' by Jerry Robertson

This is page 1-05:06

Here is a list of people who place Oswald and Ruby Together"

Attorney Carrol Jarnagin

Wiburn Litchfield

Dorothy Marcum

Karl Wahrmund

Irene Hise

W.M. Hannie

Bill DeMar

Robert Roy

Mary Lawrence

Beverly Oliver

Ester Ann Mash

Wally Weston

Bobbie Louise Meserole

Raymond Cummings

Robert Patterson

Walter Ochs

Karen Carlin Willis

Janet Conforto

Kathy Kay

Myron Thomas Billet

Melba Mercades Preston

Dixie Lynn

Robie Love

Daniel Thomas McGown

Nancy Perrin Rich

Mike Calahan

Ben Cash

Vern Davis

Maudie Crane

George Faraldo

Raymond Acker

Clyde Malcolm Limbaugh

Robert Allen Price

Dolores Price

Corrine Verges Villard

Harvey Wade

Helen McIntosh

Marion Hayes

Karl Wise

END

Edited May 24, 2006 by Robert Howard

Another Ruby knew Oswald thread:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/10880-did-ruby-know-oswald/&

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Michael Clark

My synopsis explained on another thread....

Well Eddy, I believe you have heard this from me before on another thread, but I don't post it frequently because I don't want to sound like a broken record ( it's funny how out-of-date that idiom is), but here is my take on that.

My working theory is that the assassination was set-up to be a pre-text for a Cuban invasion, but that invasion plan was undermined by a far-right industrial faction.

It is often said that the invasion was aborted for fear of WW3; I am not buying that because that possibility would have been present prior to the planning of, and the act of assassination. So that problem didn't pop-up after the DP hit.

I am thinking that Texas industrialists and right-wingers double-crossed Anti-Castro / Mafia element, (who actually did the shooting), by eliminating the evidence of conspiracy and mixed that with a little bit of blackmail. They foiled the conspiracy angle. They did this, hypothetically, by making evidence disappear and making other evidence appear. I suspect a shooter or operative was killed in the Plaza, who was supposed to be ID'd as a Pro-Castro Cuban. They made this body, or person, and other evidence, disappear. 

They, The Texas industrial and right wing faction, were able to do this because their original responsibility was passive; they were supposed to do nothing, therefore there would be no evidence implicating them locally. Perhaps they were supposed to create a lot of noise, static and background noise so the hit would not come as much of a surprise as well as causing resources to be stretched thin, but that was it. There was noise and static about a hit all over the country.

The reason for Double crossing the Pro-invasion faction is that they (the industrial-far right) were not interested in giving Cuba back to Mafia interests and free, independent and prosperous, Spanish-speaking black and Hispanic Catholics. They wanted the war in Vietnam. I also believe that the continued American control of Guantanamo bay was in jeopardy; indeed Guantanamo has never become an issue in all of the intervening years.

This also explains why these same anti-Castro elements showed up at Watergate in 1972 and caused Nixon to soil his shorts. They wanted follow-through on the Cuban invasion.

Edited by Michael Clark

reserved so I can Add without bumping

---- odd, random thoughts...

-thinking of Hunt/Phillips penchant for writing spy novels, I am noting that:

-If the theory I am posing is correct, it necessarily supports the development of two conspiracies; ie. the fake one that was dangled in front of the Mafia and ACC's, and the real one, especially inasmuch as the latter was dependent on the DPD, Far-right entities and G-Spooks on the ground in Dallas at the time, and stretching to Washington with the cover-up. The convergence of these two conspiracies would necessarily confuse observers and investigators, as they did, both immediately and eventually. Questions would be raised and abandoned in a manner such as.... " if such-and-such were the case, then why the hell would this-and-that have happened? That makes no sense! Maybe if....." ..... and so on, and so on. Could Hunt have written such a dual-conflicting-conspiracy to sew future confusion? Is there any evidence in his books for such a story line?

I think I'll poke around for some of Hunts old books. It will give me an excuse to read some fiction, apart from the WCR.

------------------

The Veciana/Oswald meeting is now looking to me as a sort of sheep-dipping of the Anti-Castro Cubans. Clandestine cameras or photographers may have taken pictures of AV and LHO together, or  coming and going at the same time. Perhaps DAP was taking the pics.

These photos could be used to implicate the Ant-Castro Cubans as part of the conspiracy, blowing the plan to blame it on Commie-Cubans. Once LHO became news on the afternoon of 11-22-63, Vecania would have known that they were double-crossed.

A Similar situation/scenario probably happened with Ruby and the Mob.

----------------------

I am thinking that the supposed planned assassination attempts in Miami and Chicago were not real plots. I am thinking that they were distractions, background noise, and static. The purpose was to spread resources thin in order to keep the actual plot in Dallas less detectable. There seems to be too much forethought and contingency planning in place for the actual plot to be pulled-off in a number of potential cites. LHO, as a patsy was probably the easiest function to replicate in any of the the other locations, yet he is one example of an asset that was in a single place and could not also be in Chicago and Miami for a hit.

Edited by Michael Clark

A related thread for reference:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/6108-jim-hood-photograph-why-did-the-fbi-confiscate-it/&page=3#comment-352821

In support of the above thread, here is a video:

This murder would fit into my theory as such:

An individual who could or would be later identified as a Pro-Castro Cuban was murdered near the GK. This would be part of the fulfillment of the plot to blame a Communist conspiracy, including LHO, for the murder of JFK.

As part of the double-cross, this murdered individual was made to disappear; and the story changed to a lone nut scenario. This individual, like Bernard Barker (as per Seymour Wetzman) would have been carrying fake Secret Service credentials. 

Edited by Michael Clark

• 3 weeks later...

Edited....

Just a note as to where this theory can be substituted into existing theories.

Generally, where the answer to often asked questions is..

"... in order to avoid Nuclear war."

....One can substitute: "in order to double-cross the anti-Castro Cubans.

Edited by Michael Clark

• 3 months later...
On 4/5/2017 at 0:20 AM, Michael Clark said:

This question popped into my head:

Did all the players get what they wanted?

I am suggesting no. I am suggesting that there were two general factions working together and one of them got double-crossed. I am suggesting that there was an anti-Castro Cuban / Mafia faction involved and they got double-crossed by a Far-Right / Industrial faction.

The Cubans and The Mafia wanted a war in Cuba.

The Indutrialists wanted a war in Vietnam.

Neither of them were going to get what they wanted with JFK.

The Cubans believed that the plan was to blame a pro-Castro Cuban / Communist conspiracy for the JFK hit, and Cuba would be invaded.

The industrialists (Oil, Aircraft, Oil, Ships, Oil) wanted Vietnam, 10,000 miles away. They were not interested in being close and cosy with a bunch of dark, Catholic, Spanish-speaking neighbors; nor were they interested in giving the Mafia their off-shore tourist-traps, casinos and drug-hubs. So, the Anti-Castro Cuban/ Mafia faction got double-crossed.

How was it pulled-off? By the myth of a lone-nut, white, American malcontent, with no real connection to Cuba, being accused of assassinating the President. LHO was a dirty trick.

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael, thanks for pointing me to your CT.   

Please take what I say as a conversation and see any challenges I make as rhetorical versus disagreeable.  I have no theory to defend and don't advocate a position here, but i do frankly enjoy challenging people to tighten up what they claim.  

I think your basic strategic structure is very reasonable.   Anti-Castro Cubans / Mafia + Right wing Industrialists link up to kill Kennedy.  Each faction with their own motivations, but with the first two players wanting Cuba re-established into the glorious corrupt pit of debauchery and plutocracy it was under the fearless democrat friend of America, Fulgencio Batista.

Strengths:

1 - no grand conjectures where 2 + 2 = 7 as in the theories that rely on a single dark force like the CIA.   

2 - JFK is the proven enemy of all 3 factions.  It intuitively makes sense.

3 - The Vietnam War happened as indicated by the preference of one faction.

4 - Does not rely on complicated scenarios such as shooters in certain locations.

5 - Does not rely on a specific person without which it falls apart (like the Ruth Paine or Clay Shaw -dependent theories).

6 - Does not rely on flashy melodrama like Ruby's strip bar shenanigans, 2 Oswalds groomed from birth, double agents, etc.

7 - Does not rely on great unknowns like what LHO was up to in Russia or what was really going on in Mexico City.

8 - Does not require any particular role for Oswald.

Weaknesses:

1 - is the Vietnam War really such a unified goal of the Fortune 500?    I see some political defense hawks in Washington and Bell Helicopter+D contractors always pushing for war as they continue pushing even today; but I don't see Exxon, IBM, Ford, or the Rockefellers or Howard Hughes or the Hunts as giving a damn about Vietnam any more than they give a damn about Cuba.  There are beneficiaries from war of course, but I think the Cold War taught industrialists that a scary regime of commie fear was actually just as profitable as a shooting war.

2 - Implies malicious intent between the factions in what may really be more like arms-length indifference. In other words, I may go to war with you but I'm not guaranteeing your outcome.   Despite our mutual rejection of the CIA-did-it CTs, I think we can admit that the CIA was obsessed by Cuba and spent a lot provoking Cubans into battle readiness.   Isn't any misplaced trust from the Cubans due to CIA/government over-promissing and under-delivering?   What did Bell Helicopter and corporate America every do to mislead the Cubans?

3 - The mafia is I think a problem with all CTs that employ them.   Vegas is coming along nicely at this point and will soon if not already exceed the profitability of Cuba.  Besides, what could the Mafia offer either the Cubans or Big Industry in return for re-criminalizing Cuba?    Free hookers for corporate executives?   A guaranteed limit of rigged casino games to 95 instead of 99% take?  The disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa?   Yes, the mafia wants Cuba back but they don't have much to trade.

4 - Relies on assumption anti-Castro Cubans need confidence-building exercises.   They're desperate and they either get whoever will help them in the US to help them or they give up all hopes of getting the old ways back.  They feel lucky anyone's even willing to hear their pleas.

Ok, so that's my basic review, I hope it's helpful in some way.  Maybe it will open up places where you can do more research or fine tune your theory.

Later in the thread you mention Watergate.   I think we've got 10,000 people hoping to birth the one CT that solves everything about JFK.  Yet I don't think many are looking at Watergate and Nixon thoroughly.   I guess we're jaded because now we know so much, but I don't understand why when a group of Cubans + E Howard Hunt get arrested breaking into the Democratic Party offices everyone in America doesn't immediately start to think, "hmmmmm....these are all the same people who were implicated in the assassination."    I'm not aware of any big uproar as to the Cubans getting arrested, but to me that is the biggest angle in the story.  You might work that in?   Also, maybe consider Watergate as a non-violent form of the JFK assassination perpetrated by the same people?  JFK+RFK+MLK+Geo Wallace+Watergate.

thanks for your kind words

Jason

Edited by Jason Ward

On 8/19/2017 at 10:17 PM, Jason Ward said:

Hi Michael, thanks for pointing me to your CT.   

Please take what I say as a conversation and see any challenges I make as rhetorical versus disagreeable.  I have no theory to defend and don't advocate a position here, but i do frankly enjoy challenging people to tighten up what they claim.  

I think your basic strategic structure is very reasonable.   Anti-Castro Cubans / Mafia + Right wing Industrialists link up to kill Kennedy.  Each faction with their own motivations, but with the first two players wanting Cuba re-established into the glorious corrupt pit of debauchery and plutocracy it was under the fearless democrat friend of America, Fulgencio Batista.

Strengths:

1 - no grand conjectures where 2 + 2 = 7 as in the theories that rely on a single dark force like the CIA.   

2 - JFK is the proven enemy of all 3 factions.  It intuitively makes sense.

3 - The Vietnam War happened as indicated by the preference of one faction.

4 - Does not rely on complicated scenarios such as shooters in certain locations.

5 - Does not rely on a specific person without which it falls apart (like the Ruth Paine or Clay Shaw -dependent theories).

6 - Does not rely on flashy melodrama like Ruby's strip bar shenanigans, 2 Oswalds groomed from birth, double agents, etc.

7 - Does not rely on great unknowns like what LHO was up to in Russia or what was really going on in Mexico City.

8 - Does not require any particular role for Oswald.

Weaknesses:

1 - is the Vietnam War really such a unified goal of the Fortune 500?    I see some political defense hawks in Washington and Bell Helicopter+D contractors always pushing for war as they continue pushing even today; but I don't see Exxon, IBM, Ford, or the Rockefellers or Howard Hughes or the Hunts as giving a damn about Vietnam any more than they give a damn about Cuba.  There are beneficiaries from war of course, but I think the Cold War taught industrialists that a scary regime of commie fear was actually just as profitable as a shooting war.

2 - Implies malicious intent between the factions in what may really be more like arms-length indifference. In other words, I may go to war with you but I'm not guaranteeing your outcome.   Despite our mutual rejection of the CIA-did-it CTs, I think we can admit that the CIA was obsessed by Cuba and spent a lot provoking Cubans into battle readiness.   Isn't any misplaced trust from the Cubans due to CIA/government over-promissing and under-delivering?   What did Bell Helicopter and corporate America every do to mislead the Cubans?

3 - The mafia is I think a problem with all CTs that employ them.   Vegas is coming along nicely at this point and will soon if not already exceed the profitability of Cuba.  Besides, what could the Mafia offer either the Cubans or Big Industry in return for re-criminalizing Cuba?    Free hookers for corporate executives?   A guaranteed limit of rigged casino games to 95 instead of 99% take?  The disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa?   Yes, the mafia wants Cuba back but they don't have much to trade.

4 - Relies on assumption anti-Castro Cubans need confidence-building exercises.   They're desperate and they either get whoever will help them in the US to help them or they give up all hopes of getting the old ways back.  They feel lucky anyone's even willing to hear their pleas.

Ok, so that's my basic review, I hope it's helpful in some way.  Maybe it will open up places where you can do more research or fine tune your theory.

Later in the thread you mention Watergate.   I think we've got 10,000 people hoping to birth the one CT that solves everything about JFK.  Yet I don't think many are looking at Watergate and Nixon thoroughly.   I guess we're jaded because now we know so much, but I don't understand why when a group of Cubans + E Howard Hunt get arrested breaking into the Democratic Party offices everyone in America doesn't immediately start to think, "hmmmmm....these are all the same people who were implicated in the assassination."    I'm not aware of any big uproar as to the Cubans getting arrested, but to me that is the biggest angle in the story.  You might work that in?   Also, maybe consider Watergate as a non-violent form of the JFK assassination perpetrated by the same people?  JFK+RFK+MLK+Geo Wallage+Watergate.

thanks for your kind words

Jason

Thanks for you thoughtful review of my disheveled CT, Jason. It deserves a reply and and my CT needs an update.

Edited by Michael Clark

"... JFK+RFK+MLK+Geo Wallage+Watergate ..." 

OK...so what do these names have in common?

Richard Nixon.

JFK? Won the '60 election. Nixon's loss to JFK led to his '62 California gubernatorial loss, and his "you won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore" speech. JFK had to pay.  Mission accomplished.

RFK? Would have beaten Nixon in '68 election, if he could get past Gene McCarthy at the convention. RFK had to be neutralized. Mission accomplished.

MLK? '68 was the first presidential election after the passage of the Voting Rights Act of 1965. MANY formerly disenfranchised black voters would be voting for the first time. MLK was a leader in the black community with national prominence, and he was leading the black voters AWAY from the Republican Party. MLK had to be neutralized. Mission accomplished.

George Wallace? Stealing Nixon's "law-and-order" thunder.  Opened up the potential for a 3-way '72 election to be decided in the House of Representatives if there was no clear Electoral College winner. Nixon had few friends in the House in '71-'72. Wallace had to be neutralized. Mission accomplished.

Watergate? It was an attempted black-bag job at the DNC headquarters, to either steal information prior to the '72 election or to plant suspicious material which could then be "discovered", which would discredit the Democratic Party. However, McGovern was so inept as a candidate, the failure of the mission at the Watergate was of little consequence in the election.

Now, Dick Nixon certainly benefitted from each, with the exception of Watergate.

Cui bono, indeed?

Yup. Nixon. Which leads to another prominent Republican family.

Michael,

one thing I would like to add to your theory is that it was nit necessary to kill JFK in order to provoke a US retaliation against Castro. An attempted assassination, blamed on a Castroite, would have sufficed. However, the same is not true for Vietnam. For a deep change in US foreign policies JFK had to be eliminated.