The Education Forum

Everett Glover?

Nic Martin

I've spent most of the day reading through the Orleans Parish Grand Jury transcripts of Marina & Ruth Paine, and the WC testimonies ( what else can a sick girl do? ) - and is there any information on Everett Glover? I can't find anything, but he might be worth looking into. DeMohrenschildt said in his WC testimony, "Everett Glover is a chemist at Magnolia Laboratories, Standard Oil of New York Research Laboratories."

Ruth, in her Grand Jury statement, said that.. ( Typed directly from my copy, anything spelled incorrectly is not my doing. )

Q: When did you first meet Lee & Marina Oswald?

A: I met them in February of 1963. I brought with me the calendar I kept that year. You didn't ask me to bring anything, but I thought it might be helpful.

Q: Fine.

A: I started it years ago because some of it is hazy in my mind and this might be helpful. There is a notation on the 22nd of February says "Everett" and a question mark, at that time there was a gathering of people at Everett Glover's, he was the only one I knew in that crowd but he knew that I was studying Russian and he asked me to come.

Q: Do you know who else was at the party?

A: A couple, the de Mohrenschids, a couple of roommates, he was at the party, seperated or divorced, another couple from Irving, all of these people, as I say, except Glover, are people I had not met before.

Q: When did you first hear of the Oswalds?

A: When Everett called and said he wanted to get some people together, he mentioned this couple, that she was from the Soviet Union and he had been and come back.

She goes on to say that nobody introduced them, as they arrived after she had, then disappeared into the bedroom to put June to sleep, but that it was a small gathering. Considering the first connection we have from the Paines to the Oswalds is Mr. Glover, and I can't find anything else on him. Am I missing something?

Edited by Nic Martin

Hi NIc....

I hope this will help you out. It is the Testimony of Everett D. Glover.

In addition. although you are probably already aware of it, perhaps some may not be, I have added the Witness Testimonies page.

TESTIMONY OF EVERETT D. GLOVER

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/glover.htm

JFK Asaassination witness page

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/wit.htm

Good luck!

Dixie

Hi NIc....

In addition. although you are probably already aware of it, perhaps some may not be, I have added the  Witness Testimonies page.

Good luck!

Dixie

Thank you! I'd been to that page before, I just don't guess I found that then. :D Thanks so much for the help. :D

• 1 year later...
Hi NIc....

In addition. although you are probably already aware of it, perhaps some may not be, I have added the  Witness Testimonies page.

Good luck!

Dixie

Thank you! I'd been to that page before, I just don't guess I found that then. :D Thanks so much for the help. :D

Somewhere in Ruth Paine's New Orleans Grand Jury Testimony, or maybe the trial of Shaw, I believe she makes mention of herself, and Marina Oswald having a little 'get together' with Sergio Aracha Smith circa 1967, (comparing notes, perhaps). Doesen't this seem to warrant a look at, it seems very suspicious to me in light of Sergio Aracha Smith's successful attempt to avoid testifying at the Garrison trial and Texas gov't efforts at blocking Garrison's efforts in this regard.

As regards to Everett Glover he definitely needs to be looked at closely. I think all of the 'hook-ups' with the Oswald's and the White Russian 'community' are extremely compelling and ultimately show the real network when you study who was there (Everett Glover was there at the very beginning

http://www.namebase.org/cgi-bin/nb01?Na=Glover%2C+Everett

I think namebase.org needs to update this link. I know his name is in more than one JFK assassination book. Although the pages cited in Crossfire - Jim Marrs are not dull reading, by any means.

Edited by Robert Howard

http://www.jfklibrary.org/j112263b.htm

Remarks Prepared for Delivery at the Trade Mart in Dallas

President John F. Kennedy

November 22, 1963

I am honored to have this invitation to address the annual meeting of the Dallas Citizens Council, joined by the members of the Dallas Assembly--and pleased to have this opportunity to salute the Graduate Research Center of the Southwest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online...s/UU/kcu10.html

UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT DALLAS. In 1959-60 the founders of Texas Instruments, John Erik Jonsson, Eugene McDermott,qv and Cecil Green, with the help of Lloyd Berkner, president of Associated University, established the Graduate Research Center of the Southwest in Dallas. Chartered on February 14, 1961,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://history.nasa.gov/sputnik/berkner.html

Lloyd V. Berkner (1905-1967) was involved in most of the early spaceflight activities of the United States in some capacity. He received a bachelor¹s degree from the University of Minnesota and later attended George Washington University, although he never received an advanced degree. Trained as an electrical engineer, he was at first interested in atmospheric propagation of radio waves, but after World War II became a leading scientific entrepreneur. He was the key figure in the exchange of scientific information during the International Geophysical Year in 1957-1958, and helped to shape space policy following the Russian success with Sputnik. From 1951 until 1960, Berkner served as the head of Associated Universities, Inc., charged with running the Brookhaven Laboratories for the Atomic Energy Commission. In 1961, he became president of the Graduate Research Center of the Southwest, and four years later, was named director. Berkner died from a heart attack on 4 June 1967, less than a year after receiving the NASA Distinguished Public Service Medal for his work in pioneering the advancement of space science. See "Lloyd V. Berkner,² biographical file, NASA Historical Reference Collection, NASA History Division, NASA Headquarters, Washington, DC.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HSS Dec 2004 Newsletter

[5] Stromatolites are dome-shaped structures found only in the intertidal range. Back [6] Lloyd V Berkner and Lauriston C Marshall, Texas, 1965. Back ...

http://www.hampsteadscience.ac.uk/HSS_Dec_2004.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_V._Berkner_High_School

Mr. GLOVER. The man's name is Lauriston C. Marshall.

Mr. JENNER. That is a new name to me.

Mr. GLOVER. Well, he is called Larry, but his name, I am quite sure, was----

Mr. JENNER. L-a-u-r-i-s-t-o-n C. M-a-r-s-h-a-l-l?

Mr. GLOVER. Yes.

Mr. JENNER. All right.

Mr. GLOVER. He lived in Garland here.

Mr. JENNER. Garland, Tex.?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://newton.nap.edu/nap-cgi/skimit.cgi?r...=2037&chap=2-25

lloyd berkner

Lloyd is doing nothing he is miserable; when he is busy he is happy and will die happy. I would not have it otherwise."

Berkner never found time to complete a Ph.D., there having always been more urgent science on his agenda, but he was awarded twelve honorary degrees (the D.Sc. from the Brooklyn Polytechnic Institute [1955], Dartmouth College [1958], and the universities of Calcutta [1957], Notre Dame [1958], Columbia [1959], Rochester [1960], and Tulane [1961]; the Ph.D. from the University of Uppsala [1956]; the LL.D. from the University of Edinburgh [1959]; and the D.Eng. from Wayne State University [1962] and Nevada's Lafayette College [1965]), and numerous other awards. His field was geophysics, and he received both the Fleming and Bowie medals of the American Geophysical Union.

More importantly, he was—and is remembered by his friends as—a man of vision.

I AM GREATLY INDEBTED to Lloyd's daughter, Patricia Berkner Booth, for providing me with a copy of an essay, "Lloyd Viel Berkner—Man of Distinction," written by Lloyd's grandson, C. Arthur Booth, in 1978; and also to Francis Johnson and Al Mitchell of the University of Texas at Dallas for making available to me copies of materials from the University's archives. My especial thanks to Professor F. Johnson for sending me a copy of the speeches made at the dedication of Lloyd Berkner Hall in 1973.

NOTES

and Tulane [1961

Although he curtailed his activities on behalf of the Center, Lloyd was constitutionally unable to take things easy. Together with Lauriston Marshall, he continued studying the evolution of Earth's atmosphere

After the facilities at Little America were completed, Berkner returned with the ships to Dunedin to set up a station that would link Little America with the outside world. Extensive radio operations halfway round the globe to and from Antarctica represented an early epoch in long-distance radio communication and made the Byrd expedition an early "media event." Lillian joined Lloyd in Dunedin, and later the two took part in the Byrd expedition's triumphal tour of New Zealand

Perhaps the above may give some indications of exactly what our friend Mr. "D" was up to at the time.

Glover is/was merely another of those "stepping stones" which were being utilized by Mr. "D", who obvioiusly worked for multiple bidders.

And, lest we forget:

http://www.utdallas.edu/student/catalog/undergrad04/

Historical Sketch

Prior to World War II, Eugene McDermott, Cecil Green and J. Erik Jonsson, the founders of Geophysical Services, Inc., were in the business of searching for natural resources. The war changed the focus of the company from searching for natural resources to creating instruments that aided in finding enemy planes and submarines. GSI spawned Texas Instruments and in 1958, TI employee Jack Kilby invented the integrated circuit that launched a new era for the company, for North Texas and for the world.

During the expansion of Texas Instruments, the Founders were forced to import engineering talent from outside the state, while the region's bright young people pursued education elsewhere. McDermott, Green and Jonsson saw that Texas needed highly educated minds if the state was to remain competitive in the decades to come. They noted that in 1959 alone, Columbia University conferred 560 doctoral degrees - more than the entire Southwest region. They wrote at the time, "To grow industrially, the region must grow academically; it must provide the intellectual atmosphere, which will allow it to compete in the new industries dependent on highly trained and creative minds."

Therefore, they established the Graduate Research Center of the Southwest

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...t=0entry52945

http://www.ti.com/corp/docs/press/backgrou...iginsofti.shtml

Texas Instruments was founded in 1930 as Geophysical Service, the first independent contractor specializing in the reflection seismograph method of geophysical exploration. This company was incorporated in New Jersey. The firm designed and built its own equipment in its laboratory in Newark, New Jersey, but its headquarters were in Dallas, Texas.

A Delaware subsidiary of Geophysical Service, called Geophysical Service Inc. (GSI), was created in December 1938. In January of 1939, the name of the parent corporation, Geophysical Service, was changed to the Coronado Corporation.

In 1941, GSI, the Delaware subsidiary, was purchased by H. Bates Peacock, J. Erik Jonsson, and Cecil H. Green, three employees of GSI, and by Eugene McDermott, one of the two original founders of Geophysical Service.

The Coronado Corporation was dissolved in 1945, but GSI was not. In December 1951, GSI's name was changed to Texas Instruments Incorporated. In October 1953, the company was first listed on the New York Stock Exchange as TXN.

January of 1939, the name of the parent corporation, Geophysical Service, was changed to the Coronado Corporation.

Name: CORONADO CORPORATION

Type Entity: Business Corporation

Mailing Address: 510 PERE MARQUETTE B, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Domicile Address: 510 PERE MARQUETTE B, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

A Delaware subsidiary of Geophysical Service, called Geophysical Service Inc. (GSI), was created in December 1938.

Name: GEOPHYSICAL SERVICE INC.

Type Entity: Business Corporation (Non-Louisiana)

Mailing Address:

Domicile Address: WILMINGTON, DE 19801

Principal Office:

Principal Bus. Est. in Louisiana:

Qualified: 01/07/1939

http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online...s/KK/fkabh.html

Accordingly, with DeGolyer's backing, they resigned from Geophysical Research Corporation and in May 1930 set up the world's first independent company to provide such services-Geophysical Service. They established operating headquarters in Dallas and a laboratory in Newark, managed by J. Erik Jonsson, a former Alcoa sales engineer. One crew chief who began a period of on-the-job training was Cecil H. Green, a future founder of Texas Instruments.qv Karcher led the company to acquire ownership of producing fields; the company therefore decided in 1938 to separate production from exploration. Two subsidiaries resulted: a production subsidiary, the Coronado Corporation, headed by Karcher, and Geophysical Service, Incorporated, managed by McDermott. Beginning in 1941, Karcher pursued his growing interest in organizing additional companies to find and produce oil. This resulted in the purchase of Coronado by Standard of Indiana (Stanolind) and the purchase of Geophysical Service, Incorporated, by Erik Jonsson, Cecil H. Green, Eugene McDermott, and H. Bates Peacock. In 1951 the manufacturing and the geophysical exploration services of GSI were given separate business structures. The laboratory and manufacturing division of GSI became Texas Instruments, Incorporated.

http://www.ti.com/corp/docs/company/history/jonsson.shtml

1941-51

Geophysical Service Inc. (GSI), Dallas TX

1942-51

Vice President and Treasurer

1951-82

Texas Instruments Incorporated, Dallas, TX

1951-58

President

1958-66

Chairman of the Board

Tulane University,

New Orleans, LA (1962-77) Former Member, Board of Visitors (formerly Chairman)

Professional Affiliations:

Republic of Texas Corporation or RepublicBank Dallas,

Dallas, TX (now NationsBank) Director 1954-80

Dallas Power & Light Company,

Dallas TX Director 1955-64

Neiman Marcus Co.,

Dallas, TX Director 1956-65

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Civic Activities:

City of Dallas,

TX Mayor, 1964-71

Social Affiliations:

Dallas Petroleum Club, Dallas, TX

Headquarters for GSI's offshore exploration division, Geomarine Service International, moved from Dallas to New Orleans .

--------------------

Biography: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4085

Name: GEOMARINE SERVICE INTERNATIONAL INC.

Type Entity: Business Corporation (Non-Louisiana)

Mailing Address: 5900 LEMMON AV, DALLAS, TX 75209

Domicile Address: BOROUGH, FLEMINGTON, NJ 08822

Principal Office: 5900 LEMMON AV, DALLAS, TX 75209

Principal Bus. Est. in Louisiana:

Qualified: 04/06/1954

Registered Agent (Appointed 4/06/1954): CHARLES E. DUNBAR, JR., 1300 HIBERNIA BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Registered Agent (Appointed 4/06/1954): SUMTER D. MARKS, JR., 1300 HIBERNIA BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Registered Agent (Appointed 4/06/1954): LOUIS B. CLAVERIE, 1300 HIBERNIA BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Thomas, thanks for the links, I will peruse all of this material as you obviously have put a lot of effort into it, I know this thread is about Everett Glover, but can you recommend any good books or websites, links about Collins Radio, history, technological etc., and what, if any relationship they had with ahem, the US government, politicos, etc.?

I am working on something similar about Dresser Industries, Inc.

I also want to explore some other event's related to this thread, at length.

Thomas, thanks for the links, I will peruse all of this material as you obviously have put a lot of effort into it, I know this thread is about Everett Glover, but can you recommend any good books or websites, links about Collins Radio, history, technological etc., and what, if any relationship they had with ahem, the US government, politicos, etc.?

I am working on something similar about Dresser Industries, Inc.

I also want to explore some other event's related to this thread, at length.

Somewhere I have some general info on the Collins Radio as I once followed that trail to see where it might lead.

Glover was, it appears, merely a stepping stone for George DeMohrenschildt.

Thereafter, the little hiking trip down through Mexico and Central America, complete with film at 11, was a further stepping stone in which it appears was utilized as an "introductory" means to get close to Marshall & Berkner.

Marshall & Berkner were associated with Henry Allen Moe of the American Philosophical Society, who and which condoned and supported archeological type expeditions and ventures into South & Central America.

The "trail" of having reason to become acquainted with Glover, of course leads back down the same trail which deals with Magnolia oil, etc; in which DeMohrenschildt would have come to know exactly who Glover was.

Thereafter, no difficulty in having your wife begin a relationship at the ice skating rink, which ultimately leads to your (George's) introduction.

DeMohrenschildt was a "pro" at getting his foot into the right connections, for whatever the reason.

Since he dealt only with those persons who could further his wealth and position, the fact that he associated with LHO is entirely indicative that he did so for some specific reason, at the bequest of someone who he wanted to ingratiate himself with, for his future advantage.