The Education Forum

When was Oswald contacted by the conspirators?

Having read numerous books and websites about the Kennedy assassination I'm trying to fit together the various pieces of the puzzle into a coherent picture.

I've come to various conclusions:

1) Oswald was in some way actively involved in the assassination.

2) The conspirators got aware of him because of his involvement in various intelligence operations (against the FPCC in New Orleans and the Cuban embassy in Mexico).

3) They realized that Oswald's connection to Kostikov would point to Soviet involvement and make sure the government would cover up all evidence of conspiracy.

4) I suspect they somehow learned about his involvement in the Walker shooting (possibly through George de Mohrenschild - his guilty conscience in that matter would later lead to his suicide) and knew he could be persuaded to carry out an assassination.

I think a look at certain events that took place after Oswald came back to Dallas might us help determine the timeframe just when the conspirators contacted Oswald:

October 3, 1963: Oswald returns to Dallas.

October 8, 1963: Gheesling takes Oswald off the FBI's watch list - for reasons unknown.

October 10, 1963: a memo is created, compiling the latest information on Oswald http://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1565#relPageId=2&tab=page. Only six senior CIA officers had access to it. http://jfkfacts.org/did-the-cia-track-oswald-before-jfk-was-killed/

October 15, 1963: Oswald gets the job at the Book Depository. Rents a room under a false name.

So it appears that sometime between October 10 and October 15 1963 someone concluded that Oswald's participation in the plot was desirable and they decided to recruit him. Those people had access to all the latest intelligece information on him, knew he was not on the watch list and they possessed the influence necessary to help him get the job at the Book Depository. That should narrow down the number of suspects. I think it rules out both right-wing extremists and the Mafia.

I also think that the person that persuaded Oswald to take part in this "operation", must've been someone Oswald looked up to, a father like figure.

What do we know about the whereabouts of, say, David Ferrie during this time-frame?

For some time I've suspected George de Mohrenschild, but I understand he moved to Haiti in June 1963, is that right?

Where was David Atlee Phillips between October 10 and October 15 1963? Could he have been in Dallas?

Edited by Mathias Baumann

On 6/30/2017 at 9:11 AM, Mathias Baumann said:

For some time I've suspected George de Mohrenschild, but I understand he moved to Haiti in June 1963, is that right?

Matt:

We are dealing with the best organization in the world, only matched by their Soviet counterparts. They knew that 50+ years later, a guy named Mathias would try to track down the whereabouts of The Baron, and that is why he had to be dispatched to Haiti. That was his one -and only!- reward (an oil contract), they left him hanging. After that teat dried out, GdM was teaching in some school for black kids in Dallas and then moved to Manalapan, Florida, hosted by his socialite ex, in a very civilized, Californian arrangement.

Lee's handlers were rotating and replaceable.

Jeff Morley Interview on CNN about Bill O'Reilly Lies

I get royally pissed at the people who spend/waste time looking at grainy photos: "Look!!! That is the elbow of George Bush!!!" (Yes, Mantis Prayer included).

- The owner of the TSBD building, Byrd, made sure to be in Africa the day of The Big Event, as a good Texan, shooting animals on their way to extinction.

- The right-hand man of LBJ was sent in some diplomatic capacity to Australia.

-Ramon

Edited by Ramon F. Herrera

On 6/30/2017 at 9:11 AM, Mathias Baumann said:

George de Mohrenschild - his guilty conscience in that matter would later lead to his suicide.

Some kinds of people are not motivated by conscience. His worry was Alexandra.

Did you see Godfather II? That is the most perfect crime in the history of film/literature: The whole thing could have been filmed and it would be impossible to prove: Tom Hagen visits Frank Pentangeli in a military base. They reminisce about the old days of the Roman Empire, when a coup went bad, the plotters were offered the honorable way out: "Their families would be taken care of".

-Ramon

=================================================================

"De Mohrenschildt had apparently suffered a nervous breakdown at the time he was talking with Oltmans, but he left a hospital in Dallas to travel with Oltmans to Europe reportedly to negotiate book and magazine rights to his story. Then in Brussels, Oltmans claimed, de Mohrenschildt ran away from him and disappeared. Now Tanenbaum told me that Oltmans had just called him from California. Oltmans said that in tracking de Mohrenschildt he found that de Mohrenschildt could be reached in Florida. Tanenbaum gave me the phone number. Now Tanenbaum really had something for me. That afternoon, I checked out the number. It was listed to a Mrs. C.E. Tilton III in Manalapan, a small strip of a town on the ocean south of Palm Beach noted for its wealthy residents. Mrs. Tilton, I discovered, was the sister of one of de Mohrenschildt’s former wives. I decided it would be best if I could contact him directly rather than by telephone and so it was early on March 29th, 1977, when I went looking for George de Mohrenschildt in Manalapan. The house was hidden behind a barrier of high hedges and I hadn’t noticed any numbers, so I wasn’t sure I had the right place when I pulled into the narrow driveway. It was a strangely grim house for that narrow, monied stretch of Florida coastline, where the mansions are usually chic pastel modern or classy traditional white. But this was a large, two-story New England-type structure of dark cedar shingles and drab green trim. To the rear was a mansard-roofed building containing a series of garages. As I got out of the car, a young woman emerged unexpectedly from behind the building. She was strikingly beautiful, tall and dark with a smooth sculpted face, long raven hair and deep brown eyes. She wore a tight black leotard and moved with the supple, sensuous ease of a dancer. Her tan body glowed with a sheen of perspiration; she had obviously been exercising. She wiped her brow and arms with a small towel. “Excuse me,” I said as I approached her. “Is this the Tilton home?” “Yes, it is,” she said. Her expression was cool. “I’m looking for George de Mohrenschildt.” She hesitated a moment, her eyes cautious, probing. “He’s not in at the moment. I’m his daughter, Alexandra. May I help you?” I told her my name and why I was there. There was no indication that she was surprised. She said her father was in Palm Beach and, no, she didn’t know when he would return or how to get in touch with him. She added, however, that he was certain to be home in the evening and that I could reach him if I called at about eight o’clock. She gave me the telephone number, which I already had. “I’d appreciate it,” I said, “if you would tell him that I’ll be calling and would like to see him.” We hadn’t yet been issued official identification so my only credentials were old business cards which identified me as a staff investigator for U.S. Senator Richard Schweiker. I crossed out Schweiker’s name on one and wrote above it, “House Select Committee on Assassinations.” She took it and said she would tell her father to expect my call."

Fonzi, Gaeton. The Last Investigation: A Former Federal Investigator Reveals the Man behind the Conspiracy to Kill JFK (Kindle Locations 3672-3679). Skyhorse Publishing. Kindle Edition.

The Last Investigation: What Insiders Know about the Assassination of JFK

By the way: Doctor Aguilar tells me that one of the witnesses in the Mock Trial of Lee, here in Houston, in addition to himself and Mantik (?) will be Tanenbaum.

Hi Ramon,

At the mock trial in Houston, it'll be Robert Tanenbaum, Cyril Wecht, Tink Thompson ("Six Seconds in Dallas"), me and perhaps one or two others. I'll have to check.

I'm often free after work in the evenings, Pacific coast time, and on weekends. But please do text me beforehand and we can talk.
[...]
Gary

What you see above I carry like a Badge of Honor. I spent over a year trying to attract Dr. Aguilar's attention. I could not believe my ears when, not only did he call me but APOLOGIZED for being so hard to reach (suffice it to say that the members of his staff do a great job protecting him and that not even my name dropping strategy -for which I am notorious :-) "calling on behalf of Cyril Wecht" gave me a break).

-Ramon

Wecht, Thompson and Mantik are the Princes of the Vichy CT -- T3 back wound deniers.

They deserve as much condemnation as Bugliosi, who also denied the T3 back wound.

The bullet holes in the back of JFK's shirt and coat are too low to have been associated with the throat wound -- a FACT those three gentlemen have failed to properly weigh.

So they are going to put the Lone Nut Scenaro on trial in the court of public opinion -- who is going to put them on trial?

Edited by Cliff Varnell