The Education Forum

1026 N. Beckley

Gonna do the best I can to find this out...  Yet I am getting no info on "the HERNANDEZ GROUP of Alpha 66" who would have run that house...

THE 1026 NORTH BECKLEY STREET SAFE HOUSE
Jack White has supplied an address for this safe house as being 1026 North Beckley. That is exactly the same address as the rooming house in which Lee Harvey Oswald was renting a room at the time of the assassination. Jack says that the safe house is a separate building on the same property, in back of the main house, that it faces an alley, and was "only about 50 feet from Oswald's room." Jack says he was taken there and shown the place by Jim Marrs, who had been shown it by Tosh Plumlee
Tosh Plumlee has said the following in pertinent part: "When I later learned that Oswald had been arrested as the lone assassin, I remembered having met him...in Dallas at an Oak Cliff safe house on North Beckley Street run by Alpha 66's Hernandez group, who had worked out of Miami prior to the assassination." In another place, Plumlee said: "I went to another safe house and that safe house was directly behind where Oswald had rented a room, in the alley, and I carved my initials on the draining board up there at that time and that was a gun running operation and Oswald was renting the front house. I saw him there briefly but did not talk to him."
In another reference to this North Beckley Street Safe House, Plumlee introduces a reference to "Zang's [sic] Blvd" in association with "Hernandez" and "Alpha 66," something which caused some confusion temporarily. But N. Zang Boulevard diagonally intersects N. Beckley Street very close to 1026 N. Beckley Street, so this is being interpreted as a cross-street reference to the same safe house. [NOTE: As Zang Boulevard continues northeast from N. Beckely Street, it becomes Houston Street Viaduct, which becomes S. Houston Street, through Dealey Plaza.]
--------------------------

In Someone Would Have Talked, Larry Hancock writes:
Walthers continued his own investigation of the house and its occupants. He found that one occupant was Manuel Rodriguez Orcarberrio, and that Frank Ellsworth of the ATF was indeed monitoring Orcarberrio's armaments buying efforts at the time of the assassination. Walthers concluded his investigation and on November 26, he submitted a follow-up report.
--------------------------

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?8174-Former-safe-house-at-rear-of-1026-N-Beckley&p=43676#post43676

----------------------------

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/1975/07/17/the-cias-mystery-man/  Peter Dale Scott:

The CIA was also linked to an anti-Castro Cuban who lived in Dallas and who allegedly looked so much like Oswald that he was mistaken for him (CD 23.4). This Cuban, Manuel Rodriguez Orcarberrio, was both a member of the DRE, a CIA front contacted by Oswald, and the Dallas president of Alpha 66, a group implicated in the ongoing plans of the CIA (and specifically, if Szulc can be believed, of Hunt) to assassinate Castro. A Treasury Agent told the Warren Commission about Rodriguez’s attempts to buy arms for Alpha 66. He discovered these while investigating what he called “the right-wing group in Dallas most likely to have been associated with any effort to assassinate the President.” The Warren Commission then obtained an entire file on Manuel Rodriguez Orcarberrio (CD 853) which is still withheld.

https://www.maryferrell.org/marysdb.html?id=943  unsourced
Occupants of 1026 N. Beckley on 11/22/63: Bobby Joe Palmer, C. C. Lehmann, Roy Samuel Cleghorn, Floyd DeGraffenreid, Hugh Slough, Jack Cody, A. C. Johnson, George Gibboney, Donald Green, John Carter, James Watson, Herbert Lee

---------------------------

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?8174-Former-safe-house-at-rear-of-1026-N-Beckley&p=43676#post43676

----------------------

http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/TOSHTRANS1.htm

A: Yes, in '62 when I came back into Dallas area, that, through the Dallas Cubans over on, not Harlendale Street, but there was a "safe" house here in Dallas, Oak Cliff, two of'em. There was a small two bedroom frame type house that was located in Oak Cliff not far from the zoo where the old inner urban track used to go through, I mean there's a highline down through there now, at that place and then I think it was Zang's Blvd. there used to be "safe" house there that was run by Hernandez out of Miami that had connections with Alpha 66 at one point that se up a "safe" house for Dallas Cubans that were filtrating out of the Miami area. Oswald, from those two "safe" houses, I went to another "safe" house and that "safe" house was directly behind where Oswald had rented a room, in the alley, and I carved my initials on the draining board up there at that time and that was a gun running operation and Oswald was renting the front house. I saw him there briefly but did not talk to him.

Q: Is that the house he lived in when the assassination occurred?

A: I'm not sure of the dates. Researchers would have to get the dates but this was just prior.. I had just came in from flying Roselli and John Martino from Houston to Galvezton and my next trip was from Houston back to Dallas so that would have been around June of '63, or no...before June...it would have been around April or May of '63.

Oswald leaves Dallas/FtWorth on April 24   May/June/July/Aug/Sept of 1963, the Oswalds were in New Orleans NOT Texas... yet we are to remember my other thread showing that LINNIE MAE RANDLE saw the Oswald in Ft Worth during the Summer of 1963...

:huh:

City directories also could be of help, but that was probably a transient population. Still, one could

laboriously try to trace men by tracking down one after another, if it is still possible. There is quite

a paper trail on all of us -- even back then.

Edited by Joseph McBride