The Education Forum

Where is the Rest of the Ammo & Cleaning Supplies

Al Carrier

From an FBI report on interviews of Marina Oswald in December 1963 (FBI File # 100-10,461, Commission Exhibit 1403):

“MARINA did not see OSWALD either take the rifle with him from the house in New Orleans or bring it back with him to the house on any occasion. She never saw him clean it, nor did he ever hold it in her presence as best she can recall.

“She cannot recall that he ever practiced firing the rifle in New Orleans or in Dallas. She does not think he did practice in New Orleans because as a rule he stayed home when he was not working. When he did go out, she did not see him take the rifle.

“OSWALD did not have any ammunition for the rifle to her knowledge either in Dallas or New Orleans, and he did not speak of buying ammunition.”

Now see her WC testimony on February 3, 1964:

Mr. RANKIN. Now, do you recall your husband having any ammunition around the house at any time?

Mrs. OSWALD. Yes.

Mr. RANKIN. And where do you remember his having it in the places you lived?

Mrs. OSWALD. On Neely Street, in Dallas, and New Orleans.

Mr. RANKIN. Do you know whether that was rifle ammunition or rifle and pistol ammunition?

Mrs. OSWALD. I think it was for the rifle. Perhaps he had some pistol ammunition there, but I would not know the difference.

Mr. RANKIN. Did you observe how much ammunition he had at any time?

Mrs. OSWALD. He had a box of about the size of this.

Mr. RANKIN. Could you give us a little description of how you indicated the box? Was it 2 or 3 inches wide?

Mrs. OSWALD. About the size here on the pad.

Mr. RANKIN. About 3 inches wide and 6 inches long?

Mrs. OSWALD. Probably.

Thanks for posting this Ron. This never made any sense to me either, other than to prove her testimony was coerced.

Al

A great post by Ron indeed. This once again leads one to suspect everything that ever came out of Marina. I just think it goes way beyond coercion. There's something else there. I received an email the other day from someone who had spoken to Marina a few years ago and had asked her about the backyard photos. She apparently said the photos weren't the same as the ones she took. So in that mini-interview, she took photos, but the ones released weren't the ones she took. Her odd response led the interviewer to suspect she knew she took photos of Lee Oswald, but it wasn't HER HUSBAND Lee Oswald(the "Harvey and Lee" thing?). Since I don't buy the 2 LHO theory, IMO the answer lies elsewhere. Whatever the case, Marina needs to come clean under oath, and submit to a polygraph. She's been all over the map. It's about time she stopped going in circles and told the truth. About Lee, about the rifle, Walker, the photos, the whole nine yards. Always seemed odd to me she won't.

RJS

From an FBI report on interviews of Marina Oswald in December 1963 (FBI File # 100-10,461, Commission Exhibit 1403):

“MARINA did not see OSWALD either take the rifle with him from the house in New Orleans or bring it back with him to the house on any occasion. She never saw him clean it, nor did he ever hold it in her presence as best she can recall.

“She cannot recall that he ever practiced firing the rifle in New Orleans or in Dallas. She does not think he did practice in New Orleans because as a rule he stayed home when he was not working. When he did go out, she did not see him take the rifle.

“OSWALD did not have any ammunition for the rifle to her knowledge either in Dallas or New Orleans, and he did not speak of buying ammunition.”

Now see her WC testimony on February 3, 1964:

Mr. RANKIN. Now, do you recall your husband having any ammunition around the house at any time?

Mrs. OSWALD. Yes.

Mr. RANKIN. And where do you remember his having it in the places you lived?

Mrs. OSWALD. On Neely Street, in Dallas, and New Orleans.

Mr. RANKIN. Do you know whether that was rifle ammunition or rifle and pistol ammunition?

Mrs. OSWALD. I think it was for the rifle. Perhaps he had some pistol ammunition there, but I would not know the difference.

Mr. RANKIN. Did you observe how much ammunition he had at any time?

Mrs. OSWALD. He had a box of about the size of this.

Mr. RANKIN. Could you give us a little description of how you indicated the box? Was it 2 or 3 inches wide?

Mrs. OSWALD. About the size here on the pad.

Mr. RANKIN. About 3 inches wide and 6 inches long?

Mrs. OSWALD. Probably.

Thanks for posting this Ron. This never made any sense to me either, other than to prove her testimony was coerced.

Al

A great post by Ron indeed. This once again leads one to suspect everything that ever came out of Marina. I just think it goes way beyond coercion. There's something else there. I received an email the other day from someone who had spoken to Marina a few years ago and had asked her about the backyard photos. She apparently said the photos weren't the same as the ones she took. So in that mini-interview, she took photos, but the ones released weren't the ones she took. Her odd response led the interviewer to suspect she knew she took photos of Lee Oswald, but it wasn't HER HUSBAND Lee Oswald(the "Harvey and Lee" thing?). Since I don't buy the 2 LHO theory, IMO the answer lies elsewhere. Whatever the case, Marina needs to come clean under oath, and submit to a polygraph. She's been all over the map. It's about time she stopped going in circles and told the truth. About Lee, about the rifle, Walker, the photos, the whole nine yards. Always seemed odd to me she won't.

RJS

Very interesting observation. Marina Porter may be one of the few living witnesses who could contribute significantly to the resolution of the "crime of the century" by telling "the whole truth". Query whether a grand jury investigation could force such disclosures from her?

A district attorney from whatever county Dallas is in could restart the entire investigation. All the research community has to do is find the sharpest possible attorney and get him elected!

Edited by Tim Gratz

Marina needs to come clean under oath, and submit to a polygraph. She's been all over the map. It's about time she stopped going in circles and told the truth. About Lee, about the rifle, Walker, the photos, the whole nine yards. Always seemed odd to me she won't.

RJS

Very interesting observation. Marina Porter may be one of the few living witnesses who could contribute significantly to the resolution of the "crime of the century" by telling "the whole truth". Query whether a grand jury investigation could force such disclosures from her?

A district attorney from whatever county Dallas is in could restart the entire investigation. All the research community has to do is find the sharpest possible attorney and get him elected!

Who would provide Marina physical and legal protection? By definition, no one who would pursue this matter in Dallas could be elected D.A.

Tim

Marina needs to come clean under oath, and submit to a polygraph. She's been all over the map. It's about time she stopped going in circles and told the truth. About Lee, about the rifle, Walker, the photos, the whole nine yards. Always seemed odd to me she won't.

RJS

Who would provide Marina physical and legal protection? By definition, no one who would pursue this matter in Dallas could be elected D.A.

Tim

Dallas District Attorney's name is Hill, I wrote to him last year asking that he at least look into this case, as it is his jurisdiction. Received no response.

Big surprise.

Dawn

Great Thread,

that's one of the chestnut themes of JFK assassination theory I remember from the 1970s...Marina never really saw him handle a gun and they didn't have oil, rags, wirebrushes and boxed ammo around much.

Marina has come a long way, read the Letter she sent in the thread on Miller and the Armoury Burglary Oswald purportedly knew of. Looks like she is letting good research lawyers do some work. Read my Psychology paper on self-generated and scripted misinformation affects on remembering facts. She can only go so far, but with the KGB gone now she only has to fear the surviving superpower.

He was "xxxxbird" who may or may not have cracked a round at Edwin Walker and two rounds out the window of work.

The rifles were a stash of Italian World War Two relics from Mussolini's guard, with no originating serial #'s The AJWeberman website shows the variation in serial numbers between the rifles displayed at different times. Twin rifles allowed for the palmprint to be lifted later.

The backyard photos are hopelessly compromised regarding the rifles.

Even the Hidell sporting goods mail order nonsense tends to point away from Oswald to handlers and counter intelligence observers and interaction.