The Education Forum

American Pravda: Mossad Assassinations

W. Niederhut

2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I guess this is simplistic thinking.

JFK opposed anyone in the Middle East or for that matter the rest of the world acquiring nuclear weapons that didn't already have them.  He negotiated the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty between us and the USSR.

In 1963 James Jesus Angleton of the CIA holds Oswald's files "close to the vest".

In I forget 1964 or1965 Angleton told the Israelis when and where to find enriched plutonium here in the USA.  Their last need to fully arm their weapons.  Arranged to have the gate left open for them. 

He wouldn't have done that of his own free will.  

That whole Apollo Affair seems suspect. 

9 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

That whole Apollo Affair seems suspect. 

It is...

On 4/21/2021 at 6:31 PM, Richard Booth said:

The reviewer complains that David Talbot's books don't have "Jews" listed in the index.

That's a telling complaint. 

I see David Talbot's books as having a Kennedy apologist theme...

13 minutes ago, Pamela Brown said:

I see David Talbot's books as having a Kennedy apologist theme...

I think that David Talbot's books are pretty good in some ways but not perfect, certainly not overly critical and seemingly incomplete in some respects. They're merely "okay" at the end of the day.  I think the same thing about Jefferson Morley -- indeed, I found a number of mistakes in his book on Angleton, The Ghost, and took about two pages of notes.

Regarding the Unz Review piece that complained the books don't have "the Jews" in the index - any person who complains that a book doesn't have "the Jews" in the index is clearly a nutcase. And most of the pieces I have read on Unz review were written by nutcases. Half of the pieces there were republished from The Daily Stormer, which is a poopoo website.

I wonder what level of lack of self awareness it requires for a person to complain that a book's index doesn't have "Jews" in it and not realize that they're not going to find that in an Index unless it's a book published by the Liberty Lobby or William Pierce's National Alliance. Or maybe the reviewers over at Unz know that they're Nazis and only pretend like they aren't. 

Edited by Richard Booth

Richard Booth said:  I think the same thing about Jefferson Morley -- indeed, I found a number of mistakes in his book on Angleton, The Ghost, and took about two pages of notes.

I agree.  I was disappointed in The Ghost.  I hoped, with all of Morley's inside knowledge and connections, that it would be truly sensational, but instead, it seems to be something of a limited hang-out...

Just now, Pamela Brown said:

Richard Booth said:  I think the same thing about Jefferson Morley -- indeed, I found a number of mistakes in his book on Angleton, The Ghost, and took about two pages of notes.

I agree.  I was disappointed in The Ghost.  I hoped, with all of Morley's inside knowledge and connections, that it would be truly sensational, but instead, it seems to be something of a limited hang-out...

The only mistake that I remember offhand is he referred to the HT/LINGUAL program as CI/PROJECT.  I suspect that he forgot the cryptonym when writing and he used CI/PROJECT as a placeholder, intending to go back and fix it, and missed doing that.

I noticed he also had a regular habit of writing about cryptonyms wrong. For example, if he was talking about "ZR/RIFLE" he would call it "RIFLE" or if he was talking about "QJ/WIN" he'd say "WIN" leaving out the first part of the digraph.

Then there were matters of factual error that I came across.

The one good thing in Morley's book is he goes into additional detail about Angleton's support for the nuclear fissile material diversion program that was illegally transferring nuclear material from NUMEC to Israel for Dimona.   

Richard Booth said: 

The one good thing in Morley's book is he goes into additional detail about Angleton's support for the nuclear fissile material diversion program that was illegally transferring nuclear material from NUMEC to Israel for Dimona.   

Good point.  I'll go back and look at that...

I like Talbot’s books a lot, and in no way would I characterize them as limited hangouts. But about Morley I’m less certain. He pulls his punches way too much.

10 hours ago, Richard Booth said:

I think that David Talbot's books are pretty good in some ways but not perfect, certainly not overly critical and seemingly incomplete in some respects. They're merely "okay" at the end of the day.  I think the same thing about Jefferson Morley -- indeed, I found a number of mistakes in his book on Angleton, The Ghost, and took about two pages of notes.

Regarding the Unz Review piece that complained the books don't have "the Jews" in the index - any person who complains that a book doesn't have "the Jews" in the index is clearly a nutcase. And most of the pieces I have read on Unz review were written by nutcases. Half of the pieces there were republished from The Daily Stormer, which is a poopoo website.

Richard,

I'm not sure which "Unz Review piece" you're referring to here.  It doesn't sound like something that Ron Unz, himself, would have written. 

I can't vouch for Ron Unz's mental health, but I do know that he is quite the obsessional scholar. He studied physics at Harvard, Cambridge, and Stanford before making his fortune as a software engineer and founder of Wall Street Analytics in Palo Alto.   He also has a longstanding interest in history and historiography-- like most of us on this forum..

He founded the Unz Review as a forum for opinions and theories about history, economics, science, and politics that have been generally censored in our mainstream U.S. media.  The unifying theme of his American Pravda series is the exploration of propaganda and censorship in the U.S. mainstream media and academia-- using the metaphor of the well known Soviet newspaper.  His historical essays are remarkably well-written and well-documented, and include free, HTML copies of many censored and out-of-print texts.

The issue of propaganda and censorship in our media is, obviously, one that people on this forum are quite familiar with, and Unz has, in fact, published some American Pravda material on the JFK assassination. 

I think it was Douglas Caddy who posted one of Unz's American Pravda articles on the JFK assassination a few years ago, which is how I first heard of the guy.

I noticed this evening that Ron Unz has been smeared quite harshly by editors on Wikipedia.  And we all know how completely reliable Wikipedia editors are when it comes to military and national intelligence agency matters, eh? 🤥

Ron Unz - Wikipedia

An Emeritus Geophysics Professor from Stanford has also posted something about the Unz Review being blocked by Face Book, which might interest you, given your concerns about Face Book censorship.

junk3.pdf (stanford.edu)

Edited by W. Niederhut

9 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Richard,

I'm not sure which "Unz Review piece" you're referring to here.  It doesn't sound like something that Ron Unz, himself, would have written. 

This piece:

https://www.unz.com/runz/american-pravda-mossad-assassinations/
by Ron Unz
January 27, 2020

"nor does his very comprehensive index include any entry for “Jews”
"Stone’s book, while fearlessly convicting President Lyndon Johnson of the JFK assassination, also strangely excludes “Jews"
"Douglass’s book follows this same pattern."

The guy is a crackpot in my opinion. The Unz Review website has a crapton of neo-poopoo stuff on it republished from The Daily Stormer...

Edited by Richard Booth

1 minute ago, Richard Booth said:

This piece:

https://www.unz.com/runz/american-pravda-mossad-assassinations/
by Ron Unz
January 27, 2020

"nor does his very comprehensive index include any entry for “Jews”
"Stone’s book, while fearlessly convicting President Lyndon Johnson of the JFK assassination, also strangely excludes “Jews"
"Douglass’s book follows this same pattern."

The guy is a crackpot in my opinion.

Richard,

I'm sorry, but I can't find these alleged Unz quotes anywhere in the article that you cited above.  Do you know which paragraph they are in?

Also, the link that you posted here (from the lead post on this thread) is a virtual college history course, reviewing numerous books and references-- including Ostrovsky and French historian Laurent Guyenot's JFK to 9/11- 50 Years of Deep State, which is quite an excellent book.

Can you give any specific examples from his lengthy, detailed historical essays to support your opinion that Ron Unz is a "crackpot?"

2 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Richard,

I'm sorry, but I can't find these alleged Unz quotes anywhere in the article that you cited above.  Do you know which paragraph they are in?

Also, the link that you posted here (from the lead post on this thread) is a virtual college history course, reviewing numerous books and references-- including Ostrovsky and French historian Laurent Guyenot's JFK to 9/11- 50 Years of Deep State, which is quite an excellent book.

Can you give any specific examples from his lengthy, detailed historical essays to support your opinion that Ron Unz is a "crackpot?"

He is quoting from one of his earlier articles. It is in the body of the main text and the link to Unz's earlier article is hyperlinked here

https://www.unz.com/runz/american-pravda-the-jfk-assassination-part-ii-who-did-it/

Here is a screenshot. 

ACyI62t.png

I don't need any detailed "historical essays" -- I know a neo-N a z i  when I see one

The fact that he reposts Daily Stormer pieces is proof enough.

We don't have to agree on this, I don't care if you don't believe it. I am satisfied that what I'm seeing is what it appears to be.

Richard,

Thanks for posting a link, with the context of your above quotation, in which Unz, apparently, mentioned that Talbot's index did not include any notations about Piper's book, Final Judgment, or "Israel."   

Also, thanks for clarifying that your opinion of Ron Unz's historical essays is not based on any familiarity with what Unz has actually written.

Edited by W. Niederhut