The Education Forum

Kerry Thornley: A New Look

11 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I was just sent  some New Orleans DA documents from Malcolm Blunt and Bart Kamp.

It seems I made a mistake in my article by trusting Gorightly--who might be called Gowrongly.

According to an interview with Thornley's landlord, the Secret Service did not descend upon Thornley within 36 hours and then the FBI a day later.

The FBI was at Thornley's apartment the night of the assassination

The Secret Service was there the next day.

This puts Thornley up there with Clay Shaw as being on the Bureau's suspicious characters list.

My guess is that Garrison knew that Shaw was an mid-stage handler of LHP, not the JFKA mastermind. Garrison was following the standard and legitimate DA technique of trying to get the mid-level guys to crack, and say who they were working for. 

But to define Shaw as entirely innocent is a bit of a stretch. Shaw lied about his other identity, lied about his being a CIA asset, lied about knowing Oswald. Shaw, a CIA asset who handled the CIA asset Oswald a few months before the JFKA, and participated in New Orleans conversations in which the JFKA is discussed...well, I would not call that "innocent." 

Nor is there any evidence that Shaw did what any decent citizen should have done: Gone to the FBI and said, "You know there are group of guys down in in NO, who discuss killing a sitting US president. Some have the credentials to back up their talk. Maybe just braggadocio, but maybe not." 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic