The Education Forum

Oklahoma City Bombing

On 11/28/2020 at 8:28 PM, Richard Booth said:

Another OKC researcher I know told me that OKC can be linked to Ted Shackley and Iran-Contra figures.

Just a two thoughta about your info, based on my reading of Joseph trento's Prelude to Terror: The Rogue CIA, the Legacy of America's Private Intelligence Network.  Shackley left CIA in 1979, several years after setting up a private intelligence network with the help of the Safari Club, George H. W. Bush, and the Saudis and their banking network (BCCI, et al.)  In the 1980s and 1990s, Shackley was entirely at the disposal of this private network of front companies, shipping companies, banks, arms companies, etc. 

• If Shackley, or anyone else in Iran-Contra, were involved in OKC or the militia groups and their ilk, it wouldn't just be through following orders from any authority, it would be because the Iran-Contra crew members could individually rake off a great deal of money for their efforts, laundered through materials or services sales, or received through siphonings from the black budget.  Any funding trail detected should be scrutinized for flow to or from fronts created by Iran-Contra figures.
  • If Shackley and any of the Iran-Contra crew were involved, it would be unlikely that they were cooperating with standard channels in FBI/DoJ and ATF.  Unless they were dealing with so-called "rogues" or alternate channels in these agencies, the I-C crew would be working to deflect attention from rank-and-file law enforcement.

Check out the Trento book and see if this aren't logical propositions.  Shackley wouldn't do a thing in the OKC arena unless he could make hundreds of thousands, or more, out of it.  And he had spent the 1980s evading FBI investigations for Iran-Contra-related deals and money grabs, such as in the EATSCO scandal and the Edwin Wilson frame-up.

Edited by David Andrews

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Worth checking out ... the audiobook edition of "Oklahoma City: What the Investigation Missed and Why It Still Matters"

https://www.amazon.com/Oklahoma-City-audiobook/dp/B007WZTRS2/

Listened to this a few times.

Also this documentary, recently re-uploaded to YouTube:

Terror From Within (2001, MGA Films)

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

From issue 6 of Garrison: The Journal of History and Deep Politics

May be an image of book and text that says 'bombiny DIRECTOP FBIH see witnesses man SKETCH ARTIST claiming most contemporary accounts, April Oklahoma disgruntled xtremists: Timothy McVeigh Terry taken into custody ΟΚΙ CITY BOMBING IN SEARCH OF JOHN RICHARD DOE#2 DOE BY BOOTH more. the police Kansas, after hearing name brother, James Nichols, Michael Fortier served accom additionalsu'

• 1 year later...
On 8/26/2020 at 6:45 PM, Richard Booth said:

I'm an Oklahoma City bombing researcher and have done a lot of work on this subject. The materials I have gathered relating to OKC consist of FBI documents, Secret Service documents, trial transcripts, newspaper accounts, a great deal of court records relating to the McVeigh and Nichols trials and other materials.

I have also published a couple of articles about this case which have been curated by the editors at Medium. I'm writing a book about the OKC bombing right now, and want to get my writing out there on this case before the book comes out. 

Below are the pieces I have written on this case:

Surveillance Recordings Show Oklahoma City Bombing
Documents, Testimony, Detail FBI Seized Footage
August 13th, 2020 | by Richard Booth
https://medium.com/@rboothokc/surveillance-recordings-show-oklahoma-city-bombing-ca3e8a955418?source=friends_link&sk=686ed633320c0f614c7c2ecbd95fbe2c

Mystery in Cassville
The Oklahoma City Bombing’s John Doe #3 aka “Robert Jacquez”
July 27th, 2020 | by Richard Booth
https://medium.com/@rboothokc/mystery-in-cassville-cd7785cc5b5b?source=friends_link&sk=e771d78c78f90ef25333aaf6b280907c

I'm starting this thread as a place where I can post and add additional information as I continue to write stories on this case, and for when the time comes that my book is completed and published. 

This subject is one that does not have enough students, and one that is also polluted with a great deal of just bad information. I hear this all the time: "McVeigh was a patsy" and all this kind of thing. Timothy McVeigh was by no means a patsy and was absolutely driving a Ryder truck in downtown Oklahoma City on April 19th, 1995, which he parked in front of the Murrah Federal Building where he detonated a bomb.

Timothy McVeigh engaged in a criminal conspiracy with Terry Nichols and other individuals--most of whom have not been named, indicted, or apprehended--and this is the focus of my research.

My interest is in those people who were seen with McVeigh in downtown Oklahoma City on April 19th who have not been captured. McVeigh was spotted by over a dozen people that morning and every one of these people saw him driving the Ryder truck with another man in the passenger seat. The man in the passenger seat has never been identified. 

Many of the details of this case have been covered by the news media only to be forgotten and to disappear.

Here is one example of a news report that talks about this other suspect:

image.thumb.png.a0460971e0cf5db79e431f8259d5c943.png

For those who are interested, you can find this news report along with hundreds more at the archive at TLI. You can also find there many FBI 302 reports from eyewitnesses who saw McVeigh in that truck that morning, with a passenger.

The articles I published on Medium have their sources cited and you can click on and view those sources for yourself. The sources are mostly FBI 302 reports and trial materials.

I agree that McVeigh was guilty, that he was not a patsy. I also agree that others were involved besides McVeigh and Nichols. I did a little research into the OKC bombing back in the early 2000s. I suspect that Middle Eastern extremists were involved and manipulated McVeigh and Nichols' violent anti-government feelings to bring about an attack on a federal building.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 12:20 PM, Michael Griffith said:

I agree that McVeigh was guilty, that he was not a patsy. I also agree that others were involved besides McVeigh and Nichols. I did a little research into the OKC bombing back in the early 2000s. I suspect that Middle Eastern extremists were involved and manipulated McVeigh and Nichols' violent anti-government feelings to bring about an attack on a federal building.

There's a much simpler explanation.