The Education Forum

As 9/11, So JFK Records? Looks Grim...

24 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Based on this review, it looks like Ackerman barely scratches the surface in his "history" of 9/11 and the ensuing "War on Terror."

Needless to say, if he had done so, his book wouldn't have been reviewed in the New York Times.  🤥

I agree. It has limited scope.

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Based on this review, it looks like Ackerman barely scratches the surface in his "history" of 9/11 and the ensuing "War on Terror."

Needless to say, if he had done so, his book wouldn't have been reviewed in the New York Times.  🤥

Here is a question:

Some have alleged the Bush-Cheney Administration was a participant in the 9/11 attack, which downed the two WTC towers and the #7 building, and killed 1,800+ Americans.

This created a propaganda platform to radically expand US military presence in the Mideast, and a try at inserting multinationals into Iraqi oil markets, among other globalist-imperialist actions. The wave of nationalism that followed 9/11 was engineered also, while in the Mideast millions have died and more millions displaced since 9/11.  

If Trump is the "fascist," then what words are at our disposal to describe President Bush jr.? 

Is there a "lesser of two evils" in this picture? 

40 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Here is a question:

Some have alleged the Bush-Cheney Administration was a participant in the 9/11 attack, which downed the two WTC towers and the #7 building, and killed 1,800+ Americans.

This created a propaganda platform to radically expand US military presence in the Mideast, and a try at inserting multinationals into Iraqi oil markets, among other globalist-imperialist actions. The wave of nationalism that followed 9/11 was engineered also, while in the Mideast millions have died and more millions displaced since 9/11.  

If Trump is the "fascist," then what words are at our disposal to describe President Bush jr.? 

Is there a "lesser of two evils" in this picture? 

Ben,

In my opinion, Trump was by far the lesser evil in matters of U.S. foreign/military policy.  He deserves credit for cutting the funding for Operation Timber Sycamore in 2017-- our covert Sunni proxy war to overthrow the Syrian government.  That was one positive aspect of Trump's relationship with Putin, since the Russian Federation, essentially, saved Syria from our bloody, misguided U.S./NATO/Saudi/Israeli proxy war against Damascus.

My own take is that Dubya Bush was merely the charming, congenial public relations guy for the Cheney-Rumsfeld-military-industrial complex.

The project for the so-called "War on Terror" was conceptualized by the "Vulcans"/PNAC think tank (which included Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Condoleeza Rice, et.al.) in the 1990s, before Dubya Bush was even elected.   Dubya wasn't even in that loop, as far as I know.  Bob Woodward recounts a phone call before Dubya's inauguration in January of 2001 where he asked his father, "Dad, who are the Neocons?"  To which GHWB replied, "In a word, son, Israel."

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

In my opinion, Trump was by far the lesser evil in matters of U.S. foreign/military policy.  He deserves credit for cutting the funding for Operation Timber Sycamore in 2017-- our covert Sunni proxy war to overthrow the Syrian government.  That was one positive aspect of Trump's relationship with Putin, since the Russian Federation, essentially, saved Syria from our bloody, misguided U.S./NATO/Saudi/Israeli proxy war against Damascus.

My own take is that Dubya Bush was merely the charming, congenial public relations guy for the Cheney-Rumsfeld-military-industrial complex.

The project for the so-called "War on Terror" was conceptualized by the "Vulcans"/PNAC think tank (which included Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Condoleeza Rice, et.al.) in the 1990s, before Dubya Bush was even elected.   Dubya wasn't even in that loop, as far as I know.  Bob Woodward recounts a phone call before Dubya's inauguration in January of 2001 where he asked his father, "Dad, who are the Neocons?"  To which GHWB replied, "In a word, son, Israel."

I more or less agree. I had to hold my nose at Trump, but need a gas mask to ponder Bush jr. 

And LBJ-Nixon may have been worse. 

Side note to anybody: 

The Biden Administration plans to spend $1.2 trillion on infrastructure in the next eight years. Probably a good idea, could be even more. 

The Biden Administration will spend at least 10 times that much on the DoD, VA, DHS, black budget and prorated interest on the national debt in the next eight years. 

Yet the M$M frames the infrastructure as a colossal spending program, so huge, maybe too much!

Looking at the dollars...when did the Trump Administration end, and when did the Biden Administration start?