The Education Forum

As 9/11, So JFK Records? Looks Grim...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1276138

9/11 families to President Biden: Don't come to our memorial events

Evidently, President Biden the campaigner said he favored releasing 9/11 docs still kept under seal.

"Eagleson said his (9/11 survivors) group was optimistic after a letter from candidate Biden in October pledging transparency about the matter.

'I intend to be a President for all Americans, and will hear all of their voices,” Biden wrote. “The 9/11 Families are right to seek full truth and accountability. ... I will direct my Attorney General to personally examine the merits of all cases where the invocation of privilege is recommended, and to err on the side of disclosure in cases where, as here, the events in question occurred two decades or longer ago.'"

But now....not so much. So the group has disinvited Biden to its annual memorial event. 

Of course, under the JFK Records Act, President Biden must decide on Oct. 26 what to release, in terms of JFK Records. 

Well, given the 9/11 outlook...looks grim.  

Ben,

Biden will never release any classified documents about 9/11.  No way.  Even Trump balked at doing that.

There was a time when many people thought that Trump might be a 9/11 Truther.   During his Republican primary debates with Jeb Bush, Trump said, "When I'm President the American people are going to find out who really destroyed the World Trade Center on 9/11."

Never happened.  In fact, Trump's first presidential trip abroad was to Riyadh, where he did the Sword Dance with the Saudi Royal Family.

Edited by W. Niederhut

10 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

Biden will never release any classified documents about 9/11.  No way.  Even Trump balked at doing that.

There was a time when many people thought that Trump might be a 9/11 Truther.   During his Republican primary debates with Jeb Bush, Trump said, "When I'm President the American people are going to find out who really destroyed the World Trade Center on 9/11."

Never happened.  In fact, Trump's first presidential trip abroad was to Riyadh, where he did the Sword Dance with the Saudi Royal Family.

I completely and without slightest hesitation condemn Trump for keeping JFK and 9/11 records away from US citizens.  He lacked the moral character to honor his promises, a signal failing. 

Talk about tough love.   

According to NBC News, the last three administrations cited national security concerns in their reasoning to decline declassifying information.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1276138

Nearly 1,800 Americans directly affected by the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks are opposing President Joe Biden’s participation in any memorial events this year unless he upholds his pledge to declassify U.S. government evidence that they believe may show a link between Saudi Arabian leaders and the attacks.

The victims’ family members, first responders and survivors will release a statement Friday calling on Biden to skip 20th-anniversary events in New York and Shanksville, Pennsylvania, and at the Pentagon unless he releases the documents, which they believe implicate Saudi officials in supporting the acts of terrorism. The group says that as a candidate Biden pledged to be more transparent and release as much information as possible but that his administration has since then ignored their letters and requests...

...A White House spokesperson said its Office of Public Engagement and the National Security Council staff have met with 9/11 victims’ family members to discuss their document requests and “hear their thoughts on policy priorities.”

“Our hearts are with the families who lost loved ones on 9/11, especially in these days preceding the 20th anniversary of the attacks,” the spokesperson said in a Friday morning statement.

The spokesperson noted that Biden has vowed to ask the Justice Department to resolve issues related to the former administration’s invocation of the state secrets privilege, specifically that it be “narrowly tailored” and not undertaken to “prevent embarrassment” to a person or organization.

“We look forward to having more to share in the coming days about actions we are taking to ensure greater transparency under the law,” the spokesperson added.

(Family member Brett) Eagleson said he believes the U.S. government will not release the documents because of deep diplomatic and military ties between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia...

And they are finding some allies...

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) says it’s time to tell Americans the whole story about the 9/11 attacks.

“The American people deserve the truth,” Blumenthal said.

Blumenthal and Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), introduced legislation to help families of 9/11 victims declassify secret government reports.

“If information is power, then we must give the 9/11 families access to that information,” Menendez said.

The September 11th Transparency Act would force government investigators to make public much of the still-secret findings about the 9/11 attacks.

“Continued concealment of this evidence is inexcusable,” Blumenthal said.

Lawmakers invited 9/11 families here to Capitol Hill in Washington D.C. and promised they will expose the truth, even if it embarrasses the Saudi government...

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/566669-9-11-families-ask-biden-to-not-attend-memorial-events-over

6 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

If the 9/11 folks can't get the docs released...the less influential JFKA community must have even less chance. 

But hey, the WaPo is woke....

You're right, simple logic, there are more people alive that are accountable in 9/11, than JFKA. Even so the JFKA if ever exposed or acknowledged signifies the start of corruption, the public must then seek the truth in every major even since, which takes us to 9/11 and beyond. We won't be enlightened on either front. Also, how many years have they had to erase any incriminating docs? Its a lot ... For us to believe the organisations responsible will fire out the truth in 2021, we'd need to be totally delusional. 

3 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

You're right, simple logic, there are more people alive that are accountable in 9/11, than JFKA. Even so the JFKA if ever exposed or acknowledged signifies the start of corruption, the public must then seek the truth in every major even since, which takes us to 9/11 and beyond. We won't be enlightened on either front. Also, how many years have they had to erase any incriminating docs? Its a lot ... For us to believe the organisations responsible will fire out the truth in 2021, we'd need to be totally delusional. 

It is galling. 

I understand there are people who think the official story on LHO is true. Fine, we all have different takes on history.

But who can be against disclosure of JFK and 9/11 docs? 

And the mainstream media should be hopping mad about this...how can someone be a journalist, when there is selective disclosure of documents? 

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

It is galling. 

I understand there are people who think the official story on LHO is true. Fine, we all have different takes on history.

And the mainstream media should be hopping mad about this...how can someone be a journalist, when there is selective disclosure of documents? 

The MSM journalists or more especially editors understand the wishes of there employers.  With what is it 95-98%of the msm owned by the 1-2-5 % the message from the top is pretty clear.  Nothing to see here, move on.

2 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

The MSM journalists or more especially editors understand the wishes of there employers.  With what is it 95-98%of the msm owned by the 1-2-5 % the message from the top is pretty clear.  Nothing to see here, move on.

I agree with you. 

10 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

It is galling. 

Docs that your taxes paid for too. It's anti-logic, anti-democracy, anti-transparency. 

Headline in today's New York Times (8/10). So there is movement on these.

U.S. Signals It Will Release Some Still-Secret Files on Saudi Arabia and 9/11

The F.B.I. said it would review some long-classified documents for possible disclosure, a decision that followed a push by families of the attacks’ victims.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

5 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Headline in today's New York Times (8/10). So there is movement on these.

U.S. Signals It Will Release Some Still-Secret Files on Saudi Arabia and 9/11

The F.B.I. said it would review some long-classified documents for possible disclosure, a decision that followed a push by families of the attacks’ victims.

I'll believe it when I see it.   If Biden ever exposed the activities of the Saudi government, he would open the whole PNAC can of worms.

Does anyone seriously doubt that the CIA was working hand-in-glove with the Saudis long before and after 2001?

Saudi Prince Bandar always called himself, "Bandar Bush."    (And, for that matter, Osama Bin Laden's brother was a major investor in George W. Bush's Arbusto Oil Company, long before Dubya became POTUS.)

Even Obama played along with this whole PNAC "War on Terror" charade.

Cui bono?  Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar, Israel and the U.S./NATO Gladio B coalition.

3 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Reign of Terror’ Brilliantly Traces the Course From 9/11 to President Trump

By Jennifer Szalai

The New York Times

Aug. 10, 2021

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/10/books/review-reign-of-terror-9-11-era-trump-spencer-ackerman.html

Based on this review, it looks like Ackerman barely scratches the surface in his "history" of 9/11 and the ensuing "War on Terror."

Needless to say, if he had done so, his book wouldn't have been reviewed in the New York Times.  🤥