The Education Forum

White Malice, new book on CIA in Africa

David Andrews

12 hours ago, David Andrews said:

White Malice: The CIA and the Covert Recolonization of Africa, by Susan Williams.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/sep/12/louis-armstrong-and-the-spy-how-the-cia-used-him-as-a-trojan-horse-in-congo

D.A.--

This brings up a quandary for the WaPo-NYT crowd. They are avid globalists, global-security state warriors. But they also cloth themselves daily in the anti-racist mantle. 

Yet, the WaPo-NYT crowd never defines US foreign-military policy as racist, or anti-black. Every other aspect of American society reflects structural racism, but not US foreign-military policy. 

Somehow spending a few trillion in Iraqistan and not Baltimore-Detroit is OK. In the next 10 years the US will spend $13 trillion on DoD-VA. Biden's $2 trillion infrastructure plan is described as "big" and so on. 

Millions of illegal immigrants (good people largely) vie for jobs against Americans, in the bottom half of the labor pool. Who are those Americans? Personally, I don't care to define people by their color, but if we are obsessed with ID politics then the brutal facts are illegal immigrants dilute the labor pool heavily for American-born Blacks and Hispanics. That is never a talking point at Wapo-NYT.

Lately, the WaPo-NYT-MSM wants to conflate American populism (which is generally anti-globalist) with hillbilly racism, and even the 9/11 event. 

I grew up worshipping WaPo-NYT and great journalism. But something has changed. 

52 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

D.A.--

This brings up a quandary for the WaPo-NYT crowd. They are avid globalists, global-security state warriors. But they also cloth themselves daily in the anti-racist mantle. 

Yet, the WaPo-NYT crowd never defines US foreign-military policy as racist, or anti-black. Every other aspect of American society reflects structural racism, but not US foreign-military policy. 

Somehow spending a few trillion in Iraqistan and not Baltimore-Detroit is OK. In the next 10 years the US will spend $13 trillion on DoD-VA. Biden's $2 trillion infrastructure plan is described as "big" and so on. 

Millions of illegal immigrants (good people largely) vie for jobs against Americans, in the bottom half of the labor pool. Who are those Americans? Personally, I don't care to define people by their color, but if we are obsessed with ID politics then the brutal facts are illegal immigrants dilute the labor pool heavily for American-born Blacks and Hispanics. That is never a talking point at Wapo-NYT.

Lately, the WaPo-NYT-MSM wants to conflate American populism (which is generally anti-globalist) with hillbilly racism, and even the 9/11 event. 

I grew up worshipping WaPo-NYT and great journalism. But something has changed. 

I agree, though I'm using the article to alert people to the book and its author, not the squalor of the reporting, which after all is built on a Louis Armstrong anecdote, because he sells better than Patrice Lumumba.  Susan Williams has written a past book, and I think some online pieces, on the Dag Hammarskjold affair:

https://www.amazon.com/Who-Killed-Hammarskjold-Supremacy-Africa/dp/0190231408

I've been dismayed at Salon.com these days.  David Talbot is long gone, and they've posted at least two articles calling 9/11 "truthers" (I'm not a fan of that word) the forefathers of QAnon and Trumpism.  So it was a surprise to find on today's anniversary-themed home page a link to this fairly capable 2002 article on the 9/11 Israeli "art students"  Salon seems to want to remind us that it was once worthy of doubt's benefit:

https://www.salon.com/2002/05/07/students/

To your point about rehab for Detroit or Baltimore: Newsmax was recently punked by a Paul Wolfowitz imposter who insisted on-air that the Afghan war trillions would have been better spent at home.  The video clip of the incident is well worth watching:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pranksters-trick-newsmax-into-interviewing-fake-paul-wolfowitz-twice-and-the-impersonator-didnt-even-try-to-sound-like-him/ar-AAOlxO0?li=BBnb7Kz

Finally, I'll be blunt: I worked Food Safety in the produce industry for 10 years, and my experience is that the farm labor jobs taken by many illegals are largely not wanted among American-born Hispanics and Blacks, and are taken by illegals not because they lack standards but because they lack language skills, job skills, and, of course, documentation.  They may acquire documentation, but the sad trend is that language and job skill training is not going to trickle down this far.  It's no different for los pobrecitos today than when Woody Guthrie was here sticking up for them.

Edited by David Andrews

47 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

I agree, though I'm using the article to alert people to the book and its author, not the squalor of the reporting, which after all is built on a Louis Armstrong anecdote, because he sells better than Patrice Lumumba.  Susan Williams has written a past book, and I think some online pieces, on the Dag Hammarskjold affair:

https://www.amazon.com/Who-Killed-Hammarskjold-Supremacy-Africa/dp/0190231408

I've been dismayed at Salon.com these days.  David Talbot is long gone, and they've posted at least two articles calling 9/11 "truthers" (I'm not a fan of that word) the forefathers of QAnon and Trumpism.  So it was a surprise to find on today's anniversary-themed home page a link to this fairly capable 2002 article on the 9/11 Israeli "art students"  Salon seems to want to remind us that it was once worthy of doubt's benefit:

https://www.salon.com/2002/05/07/students/

To your point about rehab for Detroit or Baltimore: Newsmax was recently punked by a Paul Wolfowitz imposter who insisted on-air that the Afghan war trillions would have been better spent at home.  The video clip of the incident is well worth watching:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pranksters-trick-newsmax-into-interviewing-fake-paul-wolfowitz-twice-and-the-impersonator-didnt-even-try-to-sound-like-him/ar-AAOlxO0?li=BBnb7Kz

Finally, I'll be blunt: I worked Food Safety in the produce industry for 10 years, and my experience is that the farm labor jobs taken by many illegals are largely not wanted among American-born Hispanics and Blacks, and are taken by illegals not because they lack standards but because they lack language skills, job skills, and, of course, documentation.  They may acquire documentation, but the sad trend is that language and job skill training is not going to trickle down this far.  It's no different for los pobrecitos today than when Woody Guthrie was here sticking up for them.

Largely agree, save for the "Americans don't want these jobs" sentiment. Look, no one wants to work at all. We would all like $5 million in the bank, and then to "work" producing movies or music, or art, or joining some worthy charity or starting a foundation, running a boutique or snazzy nightspot, etc. You don't see ex-Mrs Bill Gates driving a taxi as "she wants to work." 

I spent 20 years in the furniture-manufacturing business in L.A. 

If wages and conditions improve enough, Americans will take any job. In the old days, college students worked hard through summer, one reason there was a summer break. 

Declining real wages in America for the bottom half of the labor force is perhaps the biggest issue in America today, followed by exploding housing costs.  You read the M$M, and you would think it is Afghanistan, or 9/11, or 1/6. 

Real wages and housing costs are about 100,000 times as important as those three topics put together. 

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Largely agree, save for the "Americans don't want these jobs" sentiment. Look, no one wants to work at all. We would all like $5 million in the bank, and then to "work" producing movies or music, or art, or joining some worthy charity or starting a foundation, running a boutique or snazzy nightspot, etc. You don't see ex-Mrs Bill Gates driving a taxi as "she wants to work." 

I spent 20 years in the furniture-manufacturing business in L.A. 

If wages and conditions improve enough, Americans will take any job. In the old days, college students worked hard through summer, one reason there was a summer break. 

Declining real wages in America for the bottom half of the labor force is perhaps the biggest issue in America today, followed by exploding housing costs.  You read the M$M, and you would think it is Afghanistan, or 9/11, or 1/6. 

Real wages and housing costs are about 100,000 times as important as those three topics put together. 

Well, it's not a sentiment, it's 10 years of first-hand experience, without bias or judgment.  The work is painful and depleting, more so than factory production work.  Regardless the pay, no one I've met in farm work would take it but for necessity.

Look, no one wants to work at all. We would all like $5 million in the bank, and then to "work" producing movies or music, or art,  -- It depends on where you feel you're best serving society, wage earning or creating.  Even Ayn Rand knew that.

Edited by David Andrews

9 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Well, it's not a sentiment, it's 10 years of first-hand experience, without bias or judgment.  The work is painful and depleting, more so than factory production work.  Regardless the pay, no one I've met in farm work would take it but for necessity.

Look, no one wants to work at all. We would all like $5 million in the bank, and then to "work" producing movies or music, or art,  -- It depends on where you feel you're best serving society, wage earning or creating.  Even Ayn Rand knew that.

I best serve society by laying on my couch and eating Cheetos.