The Education Forum

Possibly the easiest-to-understand proof that the Zapruder and/or Nix film was altered.

4 hours ago, John Butler said:

I have watched the whole Clint/Jackie frames in Zapruder one frame at a time.  I don't see the scene, No. 2 in Nix, at all in Zapruder.  Scene No. 2 in Nix has Clint grasping Jackie's arm high in the air above the trunk.

chris-b-compare-jackie-zaprude-nix-1.jpg

I didn't see that in Zapruder.  I have went through the frames twice.  I will do that a third time and see if anything changes.

What I see is this.

zapruder-nix-compare-jackies-arms.jpg

I don't think this is parallax viewing.  Nix has different frames then Zapruder.  Zapruder lacks the Nix frame showing Jackie's arm in the air clutched by Clint.  

John, It's ok to criticize and we can go over each point. I forgot to say that the test was only about how far back her body is on the trunk and about her right elbow appearing lower in Nix. I could not get the left arm to articulate so it just sticks out. It is not part of the test.
 I think the left arm you point to in Nix by Jackie's head could be a film artifact of her hair image being  smeared right. Or more likely it is her hair blowing, the color match seems perfect. You can see the shape change over several frames. Her left arm may be the shadow just behind her right upper arm. Z shows she has all her weight on her left elbow and so could not reach up with the left arm.
 Just to make sure everyone understands, the two photos are the same set up photographed from the Nix and Z viewpoints matching both degree of angle and elevation. It is not two separate versions made to match each film.
    We don't see Hills right arm reaching out because it doesn't start till around frame 380 to 385, after the frames I used.
 I wanted to make two points in the recreation. first, the position of her right hand relative to the handholds matches in both Z and Nix. Second, her head and torso match Nix and Z relative to the view of the handholds.
 Overall you can see the recreation makes Jackie look like she is much farther out on the trunk in Nix than in Z. But the wooden Jackie is the same position in the Z as in the Nix recreations. Only the perspective has changed and that does recreate the two different apparent positions of Jackie on the trunk.

16 hours ago, Chris Bristow said:

John, It's ok to criticize and we can go over each point. I forgot to say that the test was only about how far back her body is on the trunk and about her right elbow appearing lower in Nix.

Thanks Chris,

I probably misunderstood what you were saying.  It is really hard working with these old films and film frames and trying to make sense out of what you see.  I think the problem is the frames don't match and there appears to be a frame in Nix that is not in Zapruder.  One of the missing frames folks talk about in different camera speeds for Zapruder.