The Education Forum

JFK Research in 2005

Tim Gratz

I recall reading an interview(or article) about Duran, and I got the distinct impression he knew plenty, and felt somewhat remorseful. I agree he is probably the only person alive who was involved on the periphery and will eventually speak. Duran's explanation of the feeling of the exile groups at the time, and the meaning of "dialogueros" was bonechilling, and was the final straw that convinced me of exile involvement.

I had not heard of Alfredo Duran until James Richards posted his name as a possible person to interview. I have done some research as a result of the posting and agree with James and Richard that this man needs to be interviewed.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKduran.htm

As Richard rightly points out, his current political views suggest he might be willing to talk, although I was disturbed to discover that he was/is an associate of Bernardo De Torres.

Maybe James will post his comparison of Duran with a man in Dealey Plaza. Along with the Rip Robertson one, it is the most convincing I have seen.

Others associated with Duran’s trip the Cuba in March, 2001, also need to be interviewed:

Arthur Schlesinger (Kennedy political adviser)

Robert Reynolds (the CIA station chief in Miami during the invasion)

Jean Kennedy Smith (sister of John F. Kennedy)

Wayne S. Smith (a U.S. diplomat stationed in Havana)

Richard Goodwin (Kennedy political adviser and speech writer - also worked for LBJ)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall reading an interview(or article) about Duran, and I got the distinct impression he knew plenty, and felt somewhat remorseful. I agree he is probably the only person alive who was involved on the periphery and will eventually speak. Duran's explanation of the feeling of the exile groups at the time, and the meaning of "dialogueros" was bonechilling, and was the final straw that convinced me of exile involvement.

I had not heard of Alfredo Duran until James Richards posted his name as a possible person to interview. I have done some research as a result of the posting and agree with James and Richard that this man needs to be interviewed.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKduran.htm

As Richard rightly points out, his current political views suggest he might be willing to talk, although I was disturbed to discover that he was/is an associate of Bernardo De Torres.

Maybe James will post his comparison of Duran with a man in Dealey Plaza. Along with the Rip Robertson one, it is the most convincing I have seen.

Others associated with Duran’s trip the Cuba in March, 2001, also need to be interviewed:

Arthur Schlesinger (Kennedy political adviser)

Robert Reynolds (the CIA station chief in Miami during the invasion)

Jean Kennedy Smith (sister of John F. Kennedy)

Wayne S. Smith (a U.S. diplomat stationed in Havana)

Richard Goodwin (Kennedy political adviser and speech writer - also worked for LBJ)

John:

Very good suggestions re people to interview. It would be interesting to learn the position of these people on the conspiracy issue. Some of those close to JFK, e.g. Scheslinger and Goodwin may know a lot about some of the other matters you have addressed e.g. Stockdale.

I want to send you a private e-mail re Mr. Lemkin's suggestion which I think has a lot of merit. It would be in some senses like your site with witnesses, possible comspirators, etc. but greatly expanded and presumably simply in alpha order.

The comparison I did is not the only evidence that Duran was in Dealey Plaza. I have two other independent sources that also put him there.

I want to make it clear that I do not believe Duran was part of the conspiracy as such but was there via exile chatter. His association with Bernardo De Torres is very interesting but this aspect may indeed force him to clam up. Any potential interviewers would need to be aware of that.

Another associate of Duran's who might also be worth speaking with is Jesus Franco who lives in Miami (address unknown). Franco was also connected to Dennis Harber, William Seymour and Bernardo De Torres. Franco is also associated with Eugenio Martinez and for a short period during the fall of 1963, was working with Manuel Orcaberrio from the Dallas chapter of Alpha 66.

In the image below. L - R, Unknown, Alfredo Duran, Lucio, Jesus Franco.

FWIW

James

Edited by James Richards

Here is James Richards photo comparison of Alfredo Duran and a man in Dealey Plaza.

James...that is REMARKABLE! I'd say it is 99 percent certain that Duran and the DP man are the same!

A request...Please consider doing a complete composite of ALL the suspected characters who were in DP along with identities and comparison photos...all of yours plus Conein, Lansdale, etc.

Individually, they are compelling, but if ALL were on one composite, it would be overwhelming!

Thanks for the great work.

Jack :)

Here is James Richards photo comparison of Alfredo Duran and a man in Dealey Plaza.

James...that is REMARKABLE! I'd say it is 99 percent certain that Duran and the DP man are the same!

A request...Please consider doing a complete composite of ALL the suspected characters who were in DP along with identities and comparison photos...all of yours plus Conein, Lansdale, etc.

Individually, they are compelling, but if ALL were on one composite, it would be overwhelming!

Thanks for the great work.

Jack :)

Great idea, Jack! How about it, James?

. . .[L]let me make a wish: that through the efforts of the research community, 2005 will show significant progress toward a resolution of the Crime of the (20th) Century.

. . .

In that regard, perhaps we could post our thoughts on research avenues that still need exploring.  One area would be witnesses who are still living who ought to be interviewed (by someone).

. . .

A lot of interesting names have been suggested whjo should be interviewed. Who knows if one of the persons has information that could start to unravel the case.

Let me suggest, researchers, if you wish, why don't you look at all the names that have been suggested and make a list (let's say ten like Letterman) of the ten witnesses whose interviews you would accord the greatest priority. People will no doubt have different priorities but putting the names together on a priority basis might help move this along to the next step.

Not necessary to prioritize within the top ten (unless you want).

Would appreciate your comments and opinions in this regard.

A request...Please consider doing a complete composite of ALL the suspected characters who were in DP along with identities and comparison photos...all of yours plus Conein, Lansdale, etc. (Jack White)

Hi Jack,

As requested, here are two pages showing comparisons. I know you won't agree with some presented but I'll throw them out there anyway. I am not convinced of them all but it is certainly food for thought. BTW, these don't include any of the Tramps.

I am convinced that Rip Robertson, Alfredo Duran, the unknown associate of Bernardo De Torres and the unknown Alpha 66 guy are spot on and that comes from not just the photographic comparisons but from independent sources.

Cheers,

James

let me make a wish: that through the efforts of the research community, 2005 will show significant progress toward a resolution of the Crime of the (20th) Century.

In that regard, perhaps we could post our thoughts on research avenues that still need exploring.  

Tim: Great idea. Also to be wished for, I think, is a discussion about what to do with all this research. What's the purpose? How do we move forward with what has been uncovered in the four decades since the murder and cause some meaningful investigation to seek reasonable answers?

On that topic, I posted an essay last November, entitled "Just Where Do We Go From Here?" It was prompted, among other things, by questions that had been asked by a young American, Alana Collins, and an interesting proposal she had made to Cyril Wecht.

Here's a snippet from that essay: "There are many of us for whom Alana Collins has spoken: We believe that something needs to result from all this research. We believe the conspiracy research community needs to end the childish squabbling and get its act together. We believe we should move as one force to get something done."

I won't post the full essay here. The complete version will be found at http://www.grassyknollgazette.com/wherenow.dwt.

I hope that it might add something to this discussion.

Happy New Year, all.

Bob

Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading it and agree with you that something needs to be done with the research (once it has been completed).

Teacher Alana Collins has great ideas!! thanks for sharing.

I missed the terrific conference in Pittsburgh last year but got great reports from Ben Wecht, long time pal researcher Steve Jones, and "X" deep cover researcher pal, who got to see Specter make an a## of himself.

Dawn

Ps Will scan Steve Jones' comments re the Specter scene, it's great!!!.

(John, please post as I don't know how to, this is a personal email that I printed off last year, thanx. I think readers will enjoy it.)

Tim Gratz  Yesterday, 10:56 PM Post #53 

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 1873

QUOTE(Tim Gratz @ Dec 31 2004, 03:35 AM)

. . .[L]let me make a wish: that through the efforts of the research community, 2005 will show significant progress toward a resolution of the Crime of the (20th) Century.

. . .

In that regard, perhaps we could post our thoughts on research avenues that still need exploring.  One area would be witnesses who are still living who ought to be interviewed (by someone).

. . .

A lot of interesting names have been suggested whjo should be interviewed. Who knows if one of the persons has information that could start to unravel the case.

Let me suggest, researchers, if you wish, why don't you look at all the names that have been suggested and make a list (let's say ten like Letterman) of the ten witnesses whose interviews you would accord the greatest priority. People will no doubt have different priorities but putting the names together on a priority basis might help move this along to the next step.

--------------------

Biography: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2190

Top Ten:

1.) Marina (Oswald) Porter

2.) Ruth Paine

3.) Michael Paine

4.) Buell W. Frazier

5.) E. Howard Hunt

6.) Det. Stovall

7.) Det. Rose

8.) Sp. Agent Hosty

9.) Domingo Benavides

10.) Danny Arce

I don't know if all are alive, never the less it would be interesting to interview these people. Surely if they have nothing to hide, they would all agree to a polygraph test....

Tim Gratz  Yesterday, 10:56 PM Post #53 

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 1873

QUOTE(Tim Gratz @ Dec 31 2004, 03:35 AM)

. . .

. . .

--------------------

Biography: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2190

Top Ten:

1.) Marina (Oswald) Porter

2.) Ruth Paine

3.) Michael Paine

4.) Buell W. Frazier

5.) E. Howard Hunt

6.) Det. Stovall

7.) Det. Rose

8.) Sp. Agent Hosty

9.) Domingo Benavides

10.) Danny Arce

I don't know if all are alive, never the less it would be interesting to interview these people. Surely if they have nothing to hide, they would all agree to a polygraph test....

Interesting list. I'd agree with most all, certainly your first 5 with Marina being #1 and the Paines close behind. The idea of polygraphs is also good. I would engage as the polygraph examiner the head of the polygraph panel for HSCA who blasted for incompetence the people who polygraphed Ruby and the people who polygraphed Nosenko. It seems like he really knows his business (and presumably has no agenda).

Thanks for your efforts in compiling the list!

Edited by Tim Gratz

Great work James. In my opinion the four that definitely match are:

Rip Robertson

Alfredo Duran

Lucien Conein

Dick Whatley

This is an example of making the evidence point to what you want it be. Please answer this question. What is the purpose of these individuals being at the sight of the attack?

Good point. I have argued this on other threads. There are probably three possible reasons for this. I am up for persuasion about points 1 and 2 but think 3 is unlikely.

1. It might have been necessary for one person to coordinate the assassination. Maybe Rip Robertson (working under David Morales) might have been fulfilling this role.

2. The conspirators might have arranged for several potential “patsies” to be in Dealey Plaza on the day of the assassination. Alfredo Duran, Lucien Conein and Dick Whatley all fall into this category.

3. That friends of the gunmen were invited to Dealey Plaza to see the assassination of JFK.