The Education Forum

Axial CT scan proves the Single Bullet Theory is anatomically impossible?

On 6/11/2022 at 6:56 PM, Micah Mileto said:

LqVUuTg.png

This point of argument came out in 1998, and I still haven't seen any debunking of it, or even a whole online discussion about it. I google image searched "ct scan axial section t1 first thoracic vertebra" and it looks like every other scan shows a result similar to the above - the official trajectory would have the bullet crashing into the spine. Is there something I'm missing? Why isn't there more discussion of this argument which claims to be scientific proof of a conspiracy?

There is this anatomical argument, and, as Pat Speer has argued, the official bullet trajectory would have also hit the first rib and ruptured the major blood vessels. This simple issue of anatomy doesn't seem like it should be as ambiguous as it seems to be on the internet.

Dr. John Nichols made a similar point years earlier. There is simply no way a bullet could have entered at C7 (or T1) and exited the throat without smashing through the spine. 

Add to this the fact that we now know that on the night of the autopsy, the autopsy doctors established that the back wound had no exit point, and many witnesses in the room saw them establish this and heard Finck acknowledge it. That's why the first two versions of the autopsy report said nothing about a bullet exiting the throat.

And then there is the fact that any bullet exiting the slits under JFK's collar would have had to go through the tie, but there is no hole through the tie, and the small nick on the tie knot (made by a nurse who was hurriedly cutting away JFK's clothing) is not on either edge of the tie knot. 

The SBT is the modern version of the story of the emperor's new clothes. Any objective, candid person can see that it is utter nonsense, but there are those who cannot bring themselves to admit it. 

Edited by Michael Griffith

41 minutes ago, Michael Griffith said:

Dr. John Nichols made a similar point years earlier. There is simply no way a bullet could have entered at C7 (or T1) and exited the throat without smashing through the spine. 

Add to this the fact that we now know that on the night of the autopsy, the autopsy doctors established that the back wound had no exit point, and many witnesses in the room saw them establish this and heard Finck acknowledge it. That's why the first two versions of the autopsy report said nothing about a bullet exiting the throat.

And then there is the fact that any bullet exiting the slits under JFK's collar would have had to go through the tie, but there is no hole through the tie, and the small nick on the tie knot (made by a nurse who was hurriedly cutting away JFK's clothing) is not on either edge of the tie knot. 

The SBT is the modern version of the story of the emperor's new clothes. Any objective, candid person can see that it is utter nonsense, but there are those who cannot bring themselves to admit it. 

I posted a generic model found on the internet where the angle looks like a bullet could conceivably miss the spine.

I forget where I saw this, but on one of the JFK discussion forums, somebody posted a picture of a 3D generic medical model, with a straight line going through and missing the spine (assuming a generously high position for the back wound).

32 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

I posted a generic model found on the internet where the angle looks like a bullet could conceivably miss the spine.

I forget where I saw this, but on one of the JFK discussion forums, somebody posted a picture of a 3D generic medical model, with a straight line going through and missing the spine (assuming a generously high position for the back wound).

You might be referring to Jerry Organ's bogus graphic, which he based on Lattimer's bogus graphic. The CT scan shows there was no unobstructed path from a C7/T1 wound to the throat wound.

And, again, we now know from the ARRB materials and other sources that on the night of the autopsy, the autopsy doctors were absolutely, positively certain that the back wound had no exit point. They found the end of the back wound's tract. It ended at the lining of the chest cavity. A number of personnel standing near the table could see the probe pushing against the lining of the chest cavity. 

And note that this probing was done after the doctors removed the chest organs and after they positioned the body "every which way" (per Dr. Karnei). Boswell admitted to the ARRB that once they removed the chest organs, they were able to probe the wound. 

Edited by Michael Griffith

8 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

If it were truly that easy to scientifically disprove the Single Bullet Theory, then certainly it would be worth using a few thousand dollars to conduct a study on patients with a similar physique as JFK - it would just take more and more axial scans at the c7 and t1 range before it could be proven - that a ~21 degree angle can't exist without hitting bone.

Edited by Micah Mileto

17 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

Michael,

There is something I discovered that may have an impact on what you're saying here. Just thought you'd like to know.

Years ago I hypothesized that the bullet that hit Kennedy's throat first grazed the side of his tie -- thus creating that nick -- and then cut through the shirt collar -- thus creating those two holes. In order for this to have happened, it was necessary that the tie be out of place.... pulled to Kennedy's right as he road through Dealey Plaza.

It was a long shot, but I looked anyway. I was astonished to see exactly what I had hypothesized regarding the tie being off to JFK's right. (See ~ Z180.)