The Education Forum

The Intros to JFK Revisited, the book

I really liked the way Oliver ended his intro.   If I do say so myself, it might be even better than the ending of mine.

Mine ends like this: "This began, what was later termed The Living Room War, one that would continue for a decade and result in the quick collapse of the Saigon government in 1975.  That ugly and unnecessary war would erode the public's confidence and belief in government to a point where the polarization became irreparable.  As David Kaiser eloquently wrote in his book American Tragedy, in 1965 Johnson had a 65 %approval rating, The Sound of Music was the most popular film of the year and TIme had announced that American youth was on the brink of a golden age.

He then added, "No one knew that a whole era of American history was over."

Edited by James DiEugenio

This is Oliver's, 

"Question: if the Warren Commission was correct back in 1964, then why is there still this dispute going on over secrecy over a half century later?  As we show in JFK Revisited, part of the reason is that the Commission was not correct.  In our film, we disclose the Warren Report's failure in detail and with an abundance of new information and with experts familiar with that new record.

Why Jim DiEugenio, Rob Wilson and myself had to do this instead of the mainstream media is a question that goes to the heart of, not just the Kennedy case, but to the legitimacy of our republic."

Nice to begin this kind of book on a poetic note.

43 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

This is Oliver's, 

"Question: if the Warren Commission was correct back in 1964, then why is there still this dispute going on over secrecy over a half century later?  As we show in JFK Revisited, part of the reason is that the Commission was not correct.  In our film, we disclose the Warren Report's failure in detail and with an abundance of new information and with experts familiar with that new record.

Why Jim DiEugenio, Rob Wilson and myself had to do this instead of the mainstream media is a question that goes to the heart of, not just the Kennedy case, but to the legitimacy of our republic."

---30---

Ditto in spades, on steroids. 

The JFKA research community, with the financial resources of lone middling TV station (if that), have done more than all the M$M put together.

I would agree with that whole heartedly.

Thanks Ben.

Oliver was really pungent.  As he usually is.

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

---30---

Ditto in spades, on steroids. 

The JFKA research community, with the financial resources of lone middling TV station (if that), have done more than all the M$M put together.

Up to the ARRB, one man and his lawyer (Weisberg and Lesar) were responsible for the release of more JFK assassination documents than all the nation's news networks, book publishers, and professional historians combined. It was a national disgrace. When you look through old newspapers you see that year after year the media published stories regarding recent discoveries gathered from recently-released documents, but when you read closely you realize that none of the papers themselves were ever behind the release of these documents. 

Oliver Stone's JFK, of course, brought about the release of many more documents.

It's interesting to ponder just where we'd be today without Weisberg and Stone. 

Edited by Pat Speer