The Education Forum

A question for the LNers regarding the Backyard Photographs

Gil Jesus

The Groden is really puzzling me, it does have details from the 3 known versions showing LHO.

And it shows parts that are not visible on those 3 (even the crops)

But it's hard to judge because of the lower quality, but still very very very strange.

I would love to have a go at it with a better quality version (I normally use D.P.Pro-4) 

Groden not mentionning a reference is fishy... if it really was from an original it would have made some serious headlines...

Still very much worth looking into.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they did a pretty good job of shopping Oswald out of 133a. The grass where Oswald's legs and shadow had been looks convincing, imo. They used the pickets from the left lower side of the fence to fill in the section behind Oswald. The space to the left of the 5th picket and 7th pickets are the same image. So are the images to the left of picket #'s 6 and 8. I placed an extra large copy of pickets 6 & 8 to show the subtle but matching shading in the top half.
 I think all the elements in the image are from 133a, although the grass does not show any obvious duplication's pasted from other parts of the photo. They may have taken the time to take sections of grass and alter them slightly to remove tell tale patterns, then maybe invert, flip  and resize the image to make detecting a duplicate feature very hard to find.

Edited by Chris Bristow

I just hate it when such stuff is published as if it was "the real thing".   Well... it's Groden's reputation, not mine...  

It's friday afternoon here in Belgium and the sun is shining... In the background I hear Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street.. :

Winding your way down on Baker Street
Light in your head and dead on your feet
Well, another crazy day
You'll drink the night away
And forget about ev'rything

This city desert makes you feel so cold
It's got so many people, but it's got no soul
And it's taken you so long
To find out you were wrong
When you thought it held everything

You used to think that it was so easy
You used to say that it was so easy