The Education Forum

This just in the news this morning.....

Rich Taylor

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

I'm not sure what you mean by the "wooden screen" and "window sash". I would have thought both of these are the same things? Check out 5 minutes 50 seconds on this video. You can see the detectives flashlight reflecting in the bottom pane of glass indicating that the pane there is intact. I wonder if the assassin deliberately fired through the window frame as breaking the glass would have caused more noise: 

1) I don't know all that much about window screens. You should probably read Walker's WC testimony.

2) Look closer. The pane is not intact. I would've attached a graphic, but I seem to have used up my quota.

Edited by Mark Ulrik

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Wow. I've never seen so many ill-informed posts in such a short thread before. Mind boggling.

That's my opinion.

Everybody seems to have one. Do you have the real scoop? Don't be shy.

10 minutes ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Everybody seems to have one. Do you have the real scoop? Don't be shy.

It is abundantly clear that Oswald did not shoot President Kennedy. He was framed by the CIA plotters.

It is abundantly clear that Oswald did not shoot Officer Tippit. He was framed, either by the CIA plotters or the cover-up artists, i.e. the FBI under the direction of the Johnson Administration.

Given that the government lied about the Kennedy shooting and the Tippit shooting, blaming them both on Oswald, why then assume they told the truth about the attempted Walker shooting, which they also blamed on Oswald?

There is no evidence that Oswald was a violent person, let alone a murderer.

10 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

Gerry, It's ages since I read on this, so pinch of salt required here, but from memory Walker was sat at his window with the blinds open and the room lights on, but the window closed.  The shot supposedly hit the wood frame of the window which it is believed deflected the bullet, causing it to miss Walker, and hit the wall of his room.  So, the shot must have gone through the pane of glass.

No, the window was open and raised.  The bullet struck the lower edge of the horizontal rail of the bottom wooden window frame, and the path of the bullet was deflected lower.  The bullet still still struck above Walker's head in the wall behind Walker. 

The shot did not pass through a pane of glass, but only struck the lower edge of the lower horizontal wooden frame of the window. 

Walker initially suspected neighborhood kids had tossed a firecracker through the open window. 

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/walker-oswald-and-the-dog-that-didn-t-bark

I wrote this a while back. 

9 hours ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Here's a screenshot I once saved from an interview with Walker at his home years later.

videoplayback_lowres.jpg.370bc1329a6ffab029dbcbe1d65928c7.jpg

That is an interesting photograph. Thanks for posting. 

This seems to contradict Walker's statement that he thought neighborhood kids had tossed a firecracker into his room--it suggests the window was closed at the time of the shooting. 

From this photo, it appears the bullet did strike the rail (wooden bar) of the window, and was indeed deflected lower. 

The bullet then passed through the lower edge of the wooden bar, but also struck that portion of the glass pane that is inserted into the wooden rail. I assume that dark hole in the middle if where the bullet passed through. 

One would expect more fracturing of the glass than that, but hey, bullets do funny things. 

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/walker-oswald-and-the-dog-that-didn-t-bark

I wrote this a while back. Still holds water. 

10 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

That is an interesting photograph. Thanks for posting. 

This seems to contradict Walker's statement that he thought neighborhood kids had tossed a firecracker into his room--it suggests the window was closed at the time of the shooting. 

From this photo, it appears the bullet did strike the rail (wooden bar) of the window, and was indeed deflected lower. 

The bullet then passed through the lower edge of the wooden bar, but also struck that portion of the glass pane that is inserted into the wooden rail. I assume that dark hole in the middle if where the bullet passed through. 

One would expect more fracturing of the glass than that, but hey, bullets do funny things. 

I wrote this a while back. Still holds water.

Here's a comparison between the window damage seen in CE 1006 and in later film footage.

walker2.png

Edited by Mark Ulrik

22 minutes ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Here's a comparison between the window damage seen in CE 1006 and in later film footage.
https://postimg.cc/WdCjCghf

Well, it sure looks like the damage to the window rail grows over time, but it may be the quality of the photographs. 

Some suspect the whole Walker episode was hoax perpetrated by Walker, to glamorize himself. 

But the Walker backyard photographs and "Walker note" do seem to point at LHO's involvement (to me, a biography build). 

It turns out both Walker and LHO may have known or been in touch with the same anti-Castro activists in the Dallas area. 

Great photographs from you, thanks.  

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Glass is harder than timber. The glass may have been the reason the bullet was deflected upwards over Walkers head.

Unless it was the shockwave that fractured the glass. Much like Oswald's bullet fractured the transverse process of JFKs T1. Some say it was the shockwave that fractured that, others think it might just have grazed it. It prob grazed it seeing how metal fragments were picked up on the neck x-ray.

1 hour ago, Mark Ulrik said:

https://postimg.cc/WdCjCghf

Very important photographs. One photo is from outside the window while one from inside. The outside one shows the bullet just clipped the glass. The inside photo shows this resulted in the bullet going upwards. There is more upward damage on the inside photo than on the outside photo. This confirms the glass pane most likely deflected the bullet upwards just enough to miss Walkers head.

Just now, Gerry Down said:

Very important photographs. One photo is from outside the window while one from inside. The outside one shows the bullet just clipped the glass. The inside photo shows this resulted in the bullet going upwards. There is more upward damage on the inside photo than on the outside photo. This confirms the glass pane most likely deflected the bullet upwards just enough to miss Walkers head.

I do not follow. The DPD report concludes the bullet was deflected lower, not higher, by the window rail (frame).  

Your suggestion that a pane of ordinary residential window glass deflected a slug higher...why? We can see from the window frame the deflection path, which is lower. 

16 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I do not follow. The DPD report concludes the bullet was deflected lower, not higher, by the window rail (frame).  

Your suggestion that a pane of ordinary residential window glass deflected a slug higher...why? We can see from the window frame the deflection path, which is lower. 

Look at the timber frame. On the outside the circular hole only goes up about a quarter of the height of the timber bar. On the inside the damage goes up three quarters of the height of the timber bar. The bullet appears to have taken an upward path most likely after glancing off the glass pane.

The DPD report may reflect that some fragments went lower as they hit Walkers arm.

Edited by Gerry Down

39 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

Look at the timber frame. On the outside the circular hole only goes up about a quarter of the height of the timber bar. On the inside the damage goes up three quarters of the height of the timber bar. The bullet appears to have taken an upward path most likely after glancing off the glass pane.

The DPD report may reflect that some fragments went lower as they hit Walkers arm.

I contend you have the images backwards. 

The inside photo is the first photo in this story here:

We know that is the inside or interior photo from the circular-ring shade pull visible in the photo. The circular pull would be on the interior, not the exterior of the house. The interior wooden window frame shows less and lower damage than the outside photo posted above by Mark U. (I cannot post images, ran out of space). 

This supports the conclusion of the DPD detectives, on the scene and able to view in person the evidence (and with no possible agenda at that time), that the bullet fired in Walker's direction was deflected lower, not higher by the window rail, aka wooden window frame. 

In addition, if there had been a near miss, I suspect Walker, a combat veteran, would have said so. Instead he told detectives he initially suspected kids throwing a firecracker through his open window or even outside fireworks.

The near-miss legend grew later. 

8 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I contend you have the images backwards. 

The inside photo is the first photo in this story here:

We know that is the inside or interior photo from the circular-ring shade pull visible in the photo. The circular pull would be on the interior, not the exterior of the house. The interior wooden window frame shows less and lower damage than the outside photo posted above by Mark U. (I cannot post images, ran out of space). 

This supports the conclusion of the DPD detectives, on the scene and able to view in person the evidence (and with no possible agenda at that time), that the bullet fired in Walker's direction was deflected lower, not higher by the window rail, aka wooden window frame. 

In addition, if there had been a near miss, I suspect Walker, a combat veteran, would have said so. Instead he told detectives he initially suspected kids throwing a firecracker through his open window or even outside fireworks.

The near-miss legend grew later. 

Yes I see it now. What I thought was an inside and an outside photo both appear to be photos taken from the inside. It seems that someone enlarged the damage by pulling on a loose piece of timber above the circular hole in order to smooth off the damage and in pulling that loose piece they increased the damage upwards.

There is a downward slope from the fence at the back of Walkers house to the window. I wonder if that plays a factor here.

Regardless of the photos though, it's still possible the glass plane deflected the bullet slightly upwards by virtue of the fact the glass plane was indeed apparently struck as evidenced by the cracked glass.

3 hours ago, Miles Massicotte said:

Evidence of Oswald's violent tendencies include his abuse of Marina...

Oswald had a temper and he and Marina had arguments where they yelled at each other, but Oswald didn't physically abuse Marina.

My study and analysis of this topic indicate the following:

In August 1962, Marina stumbled and fell to the ground while holding baby June. She dropped the baby and her head hit the ground with a loud thud. She ended up with a badly bruised face.

When her friends saw Marina's bruise and asked what happened, initially she used the excuse that she had run into a door in the dark. Later, after she had left Oswald and was living with some white Russian friends, she found she could get sympathy by telling them that Lee had hit her.

After that the rumors spread and before you know it, Oswald was labeled a wife beater.

A history of my analysis is here:

3 hours ago, Miles Massicotte said:

Evidence of Oswald's violent tendencies include ... pulling a knife on John Pic's wife.

I wasn't aware of that. But the Oswald married to Marina and killed by Ruby (HARVEY Oswald) wasn't even related to John Pic. It was the other Oswald (LEE Oswald) who was Pic's step brother. I'll bet it was that Oswald who pulled the knife on Pic's wife. That kind of behavior DOES fit that Oswald's profile.