The Education Forum

Len Osanic's Sensational Show

This is why Black Op Radio is the gold standard in this field and there really is no one in second.

Larry Schnapf talks about the lawsuit over the JFK files.

Ron Canazzi on his fine article about large conspiriacies.

But the best is last.  Me and Len interview an American who has worked and lived in the Far East for about 20 years.  Pay close attention to what he says about Vietnam. He lived in both the north and south.  What he says about Saigon and Hanoi tells you all you need to know about why LBJ's intervention was a horrible mistake.  Pay close attention to the second skyline in Saigon, which features an 80 story skyscraper!  And all the different restaurants with differing foods and how the fast food places eventually got in.

He works in the old American embassy and eats at the Majestic where Gullion met with JFK and RFK in 1951.  Today there is a Sheraton on the square where the double bombing took place depicted in The Quiet American.  A Sheraton!  

Please pay attention Mike Griffith.  You are wrong! America delayed a great success story by about 20 years.  The kids in his school do not want to work in hotels, not enough money. There is too much high finance there now. 

https://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black1117.mp3

Please note what Gary Dean says about how Hanoi is using protectionism to build that country's car industry!

There are huge tariffs on imported cars so they can sell their own cars, gasoline and EV, faster.  Dirty commies.  

And the kicker is Laos which is the leisure capital on the area.  Except that is limited by all  the mines planted there.

Incredible story about American folly. 

JFK was so right on this.  That is why he was killed.

Appropriate to the topic of the HUGE tariffs imposed on cars in Vietnam is this clip from the British show, "Top Gear." 

Jeremy, Richard and James are told to buy some wheels and are given 15 million dong each. They think they're suddenly rich.  A dong as I write this is equivalent to 0.000040 against the United States Dollar.  James finds a car he likes. The cost? 560 million dong. James finds out that 15 million dong was equal to about, $1,000. Cars had a 200% tariff on them. They cannot buy a car, but they can buy bikes, or mopeds

If you listen to the show that is what Gary says.

There are as many motorbikes as there are people in Saigon.

Note what he also says about footwear.  It used to be his students wore flip flops, now they wear Adidas and Nikes.

I listened and it was a great show, and an honest, straightforward assessment of where Vietnam is today. 

The agonizing irony is that Vietnam was always a natural ally for the US, as they for centuries have resented Han hegemony. Indeed, even the Guangxi province bordering the north of Vietnam is officially an autonomous region, as they did not really want to answer to Han-Beijing. 

Globalist multinationals today do heavy, heavy business in China today, despite it being a communist dictatorship. 

So...what was the point of the Vietnam war? The multinationals could have done business in Vietnam decades and decades earlier, if not for the horrendous Vietnam war. The US policies made enemies of Vietnam for no good reason. 

BTW, Gary Dean is right about the changing diets. When I first visited Thailand 25 years ago, most people were thin.  Dean says the Vietnamese are getting chunky. Same thing in Thailand. 

I would not blame any nation for keeping out Western diets. Where is communism when you need it? 

LOL, ROTF.

Gary said they let in the high class restaurants first.

But the fast food chains would not give up no matter how many time Hanoi resisted.

So they finally gave in, I bet that was a pretty penny they paid someone in Hanoi to get in finally.

I agree, that Vietnam could have easily been an ally.  Recall Ho Chi Minh and the OSS, who actually nursed him back to health when he was deathly sick. A guy with the unbelievable name of Archimedes Patti.  And Ho's letters to Truman, which are still rather touching to read. Ho actually used the ideals of the Constitution to appeal to Harry T.  I read those in a book by the illustrious historian William Appleman Williams. 

Those were the days: when you had vaunted academic historians united with the New Left. Did not last long--the rise of the Neocons was right around the corner.

Edited by James DiEugenio

On 10/22/2022 at 10:22 PM, James DiEugenio said:

LOL, ROTF.

Gary said they let in the high class restaurants first.

But the fast food chains would not give up no matter how many time Hanoi resisted.

So they finally gave in, I bet that was a pretty penny they paid someone in Hanoi to get in finally.

I agree, that Vietnam could have easily been an ally.  Recall Ho Chi Minh and the OSS, who actually nursed him back to health when he was deathly sick. A guy with the unbelievable name of Archimedes Patti.  And Ho's letters to Truman, which are still rather touching to read. Ho actually used the ideals of the Constitution to appeal to Harry T.  I read those in a book by the illustrious historian William Appleman Williams. 

Those were the days: when you had vaunted academic historians united with the New Left. Did not last long--the rise of the Neocons was right around the corner.

If you could: I would like to see the book with Ho's letters to Truman.  Could you provide the title?  (And perhaps even the chapter title?)    The more we learn of data like this, the more the escalation of the Vietnam War in the first quarter of 1965 (after Johnson was sworn in) seems unnecessary and contrived.  

DSL, 10/23/22 -3:15 AM PDT