The Education Forum

Sorensen: JFK didn't know about CIA's Castro Plots

Gil Jesus

Sorenson may have believed this, but he was wrong. We now know that JFK had a Cuba coup planned for early December 1963. After Dallas, Bobby even tried to get LBJ to let the coup proceed, but LBJ refused. Lamar Waldron covers this in some detail in The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination.

LBJ's refusal shows that he was not part of the inner circle of the assassination plot, since the plotters appears to have hoped to use the assassination as an excuse to invade Cuba. I think LBJ knew that "something" was in the works against Kennedy, but I don't think he was one of the plotters. 

14 minutes ago, Michael Griffith said:

Sorenson may have believed this, but he was wrong. We now know that JFK had a Cuba coup planned for early December 1963. After Dallas, Bobby even tried to get LBJ to let the coup proceed, but LBJ refused. Lamar Waldron covers this in some detail in The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination.

LBJ's refusal shows that he was not part of the inner circle of the assassination plot, since the plotters appears to have hoped to use the assassination as an excuse to invade Cuba. I think LBJ knew that "something" was in the works against Kennedy, but I don't think he was one of the plotters. 

From your research, do you think LBJ knew of the Castro assassination plots or were JFK and RFK keeping LBJ in the dark on these?

24 minutes ago, Michael Griffith said:

In terms of LBJ, it’s standard tradecraft to have different elements of the Big Event to be isolated from one another. He would have only known what he needed to know…which appears to be get sworn in asap and grab the reigns of power.

As Angleton said…JFKs murder was a house with many rooms. If you were in one room/element of the plot you were isolated from the other parts. Hence he did not know who shot John, as that was part of the ops room.

21 minutes ago, Simon Andrew said:

In terms of LBJ, it’s standard tradecraft to have different elements of the Big Event to be isolated from one another. He would have only known what he needed to know…which appears to be get sworn in asap and grab the reigns of power.

As Angleton said…JFKs murder was a house with many rooms. If you were in one room/element of the plot you were isolated from the other parts. Hence he did not know who shot John, as that was part of the ops room.

Yep.

Compartmentalising insulates the people at the very summit. It means its nearly impossible to make a case in a courtroom. 

Prouty explained in regard to the high level infiltration of the military by the CIA. When black ops were taking place using military hardware, that the military high brass looked the other way, they didn’t want to know what their kit was being used for, they only cared that it was replaced (when the CIA loaned stuff).