The Education Forum

Hemming: I was approached to kill JFK for money

Gil Jesus

1 hour ago, Gil Jesus said:

I talked to Hemming on the phone once for well over an hour. He loved to name-drop and toss out stuff like it was a fact, but when you pressed him it was almost always what he'd theorized, or what he'd been told, as opposed to what he knew. 

I was also once involved in a project where I was to interview him on camera. In preparation for this I studied his official testimony and compared it against what he'd subsequently told writers and researchers and posted on this forum. And it was hard not to conclude he was mostly blowing smoke.

And yet, even so, he had a substantial FBI file, and was undoubtedly involved in some nefarious activities. So you couldn't just dismiss all he said.  

3 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I talked to Hemming on the phone once for well over an hour. He loved to name-drop and toss out stuff like it was a fact, but when you pressed him it was almost always what he'd theorized, or what he'd been told, as opposed to what he knew. 

I was also once involved in a project where I was to interview him on camera. In preparation for this I studied his official testimony and compared it against what he'd subsequently told writers and researchers and posted on this forum. And it was hard not to conclude he was mostly blowing smoke.

And yet, even so, he had a substantial FBI file, and was undoubtedly involved in some nefarious activities. So you couldn't just dismiss all he said.  

Agree totally.