The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

W- as long as Hamas is launching bombs into Israel's civilian population every day, you're going to have people asking that question.

Matt,

Do you have a good source about these Hamas "bombs?"

As Aeschylus said, "Truth is the first casualty of war."

It's difficult to know precisely what has been happening over there since October 6th-- aside from the internationally circulated videos and photos of Gaza being bombed back to the Stone Age.

The initial Israeli reports about Hamas beheading babies have been debunked.

And, evidently, some of the Israelis killed on October 7th were torched by IDF Hellfire missiles. *

The strangest thing of all is that the world's pre-eminent intelligence agency failed to prevent the October 7th attacks-- which have subsequently served as a pretext for Netanyahu's ethnic cleansing of Gaza.

Surely, the Mossad must have had intelligence agents infiltrating Hamas in Gaza.  It's a head scratcher.

^  American Pravda: War Crimes and Atrocity-Hoaxes in the Israel/Gaza Conflict, by Ron Unz - The Unz Review

Edited by W. Niederhut

W- If you don't care for Israel, or don't think it should exist, maybe just be upfront about that.

But denying the reality of Hamas' attack and war on Israel runs the risk of people wondering if your feelings go beyond that. 

Dumb kids with undeveloped frontal lobes might someday pass off their past ignorance about this conflict as being youthful naivete. Intelligent adults don't get that pass.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4309563-israel-screens-hamas-attack-footage/

It seems like people regularly need to be reminded that Bill Clinton got Israel to agree to a 2 state solution a long time ago, and Arafat said no.

Why? Because Arafat thought Israel should've been wiped off the map and all Jews killed.

Sorry, but that's not a defensible position.

Arafat didn't negotiate - he just kept saying no

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/may/23/israel3

Washington Post

Nov. 13, 2023

Hamas envisioned deeper attacks, aiming to provoke an Israeli war

Evidence gleaned since Oct. 7 shows Hamas militants prepared for a ‘second phase’ of assaults amid hopes of inspiring violence in the West Bank and beyond

Hamas meticulously planned and prepared for a massacre of Israeli civilians on a scale that was highly likely to provoke Israel’s government into sending troops into Gaza, analysts said. Indeed, Hamas leaders have publicly expressed a willingness to accept heavy losses — potentially including the deaths of many Gazan civilians living under Hamas rule.

“Will we have to pay a price? Yes, and we are ready to pay it,” Ghazi Hamad, a member of the Hamas politburo, told Beirut’s LCBI television in an interview aired on Oct. 24. “We are called a nation of martyrs, and we are proud to sacrifice martyrs.”

Free to read:

https://wapo.st/47zeqND

Edited by Matt Allison

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

W- If you don't care for Israel, or don't think it should exist, maybe just be upfront about that.

But denying the reality of Hamas' attack and war on Israel runs the risk of people wondering if your feelings go beyond that. 

Dumb kids with undeveloped frontal lobes might someday pass off their past ignorance about this conflict as being youthful naivete. Intelligent adults don't get that pass.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4309563-israel-screens-hamas-attack-footage/

Matt,

If your frontal lobes are still sufficiently functional to maintain focus on relevant facts, I can suggest a number of scholarly books about the history of Palestine and Israel, for your remedial education.

Meanwhile, your insinuation that I am "denying the Hamas attacks," or that I "don't care for Israel" is nonsense-- and, frankly, slanderous. 

You missed the point of my comments about the October 7th attacks and truth being a casualty of war.

You also seem to have difficulty understanding that it's possible to be critical of Israel's LIkud Party hawks-- like Netanyahu, Ariel Sharon, and Menachem Begin, for instance -- without condoning Islamic violence against Israel.

Nor is criticism of Israeli Likud Party hawks necessarily "anti-Semitic."  Many Jewish people are critical of Netanyahu.

One of the most accurate recent comments on the subject by an American statesman-- and fellow Harvardian-- was Barack Obama's statement that, "No one has clean hands," in the current Israeli-Palestinian crisis.

I share Obama's opinion, as do many informed scholars.

Yet, even Obama has been attacked by some Israeli-Americans in the media for having the audacity to make this honest, accurate statement.   (Jimmy Carter has also been attacked for his understated attempts to advocate for an equitable two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.)

Is Obama correct, or do Israel's Likud Party hawks have 'clean hands," in your opinion?

Are you familiar with Menachem Begin's role in the bombing of the King David Hotel? 

How clean were those 96 Irgun terrorist murders?

How "clean" was the Lavon Affair?

How clean were Ariel Sharon's mass murders of civilians?

How clean is Netanyahu's massacre of women and children in Gaza?

Edited by W. Niederhut

W- There's nothing "slanderous" about pointing out how you regularly go on about various Israeli fights against Palestinians, and leave out all examples of the terror Palestinians have inflicted on Israel.

Good f*cking lord, the vast majority of Palestinians believe all Jews should be exterminated.

And for anyone doubting the non-functional frontal lobe of kids like the young woman I showed in that tweet:

"Dozens of young Americans have posted videos on TikTok this week expressing sympathy with Osama bin Laden, the notorious terrorist who orchestrated the September 11 attacks, for a two-decade-old letter he wrote critiquing the United States, including its government and support of Israel."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/16/tech/tiktok-osama-bin-laden-letter-to-america/index.html

40 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

W- There's nothing "slanderous" about pointing out how you regularly go on about various Israeli fights against Palestinians, and leave out all examples of the terror Palestinians have inflicted on Israel.

Good f*cking lord, the vast majority of Palestinians believe all Jews should be exterminated.

Matt,

Please stop posting nonsense.  I have condemned the Hamas attacks on Israel from the beginning.

In recent weeks I have posted a series of accurate references about Netanyahu's serious war crimes in Gaza, and about my disappointment with Biden and Blinken for failing to prevent Netanyahu's war crimes-- including their veto of a UN cease-fire resolution.

As for Netanyahu and Hamas, I suggest that you do some remedial reading about their perverse, longstanding alliance.

Perhaps you are unaware that Netanyahu has promoted Hamas for years, in order to prevent the creation of a functional, unified Palestinian authority, and sabotage a two-state solution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

How Netanyahu's Hamas policy came back to haunt him — and Israel | CBC News

Edited by W. Niederhut

And if you read the WaPo link I posted you'll see how Hamas planned to get on Bibi's good side; all a ruse so they could lure Israel into a false sense of complacency and ultimately enable the attack in October to happen.

I also want to point out that no, there's been no debunking of the Hamas terrorists beheading children. They also filmed themselves going into homes killing children in front of their parents and vice versa. There are your war crimes.

Are the Israelis doing that to the Palestinian people? Of course not.

Fact: Most Palestinians and vast portions of the entire Middle East believe killing Jews is a good thing, and would love to nuke Israel off the map. And there is your ethnic cleansing.

Edited by Matt Allison

9 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

And if you read the WaPo link I posted you'll see how Hamas planned to get on Bibi's good side; all a ruse so they could lure Israel into a false sense of complacency and ultimately enable the attack in October to happen.

I also want to point out that no, there's been no debunking of the Hamas terrorists beheading children. They also filmed themselves going into homes killing children in front of their parents and vice versa. There are your war crimes.

Are the Israelis doing that to the Palestinian people? Of course not.

Fact: Most Palestinians and vast portions of the entire Middle East believe killing Jews is a good thing, and would love to nuke Israel off the map. And there is your ethnic cleansing.

Matt,

You need to read the scholarly references here that Douglas Caddy and I have posted during the past month-- including Ron Unz's debunking of the "beheaded babies" propaganda (above.)

Netanyahu has now killed more than 4,000 children in Gaza, while bombing residential apartment buildings, schools, and numerous hospitals and healthcare facilities.   These are blatant war crimes.

Your modus operandi is to simply ignore the damning facts, while falsely accusing honest critics of Netanyahu's war crimes of "anti-Semitism."    This is a common fallacy in the U.S. and Europe right now-- on Fox News, and even at Harvard and other universities.

Basically, you're denying genocide and ethnic cleansing-- despite the fact that Netanyahu and some of his Likud Party associates have openly called for ethnic cleansing of Gaza and the West Bank.

I noticed that you also completely ignored my reference (above) about Netanyahu's history of using Hamas to bolster his popularity and sabotage a two-state solution.

Opinion | Israel, Gaza, and International Law:A Humanitarian Crisis Roils the Academy | Common Dreams

59 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Do we know for sure that Israel indiscriminately bombs civilian buildings?

There's no evidence they're doing anything like that. There would be no point to it; would only inflame the Palestinians further.

While Palestinian children are brought up to believe that killing Jews is imperative, the reverse scenario is not the case for Israeli children and Palestinians.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Maybe they bomb buildings where they believe Hamas stores weapons. Or where Hamas members live. And the civilians are collateral damage.

That is precisely what is happening. Hamas is using people as human shields, as they know Israel is not looking to kill civilians.