The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Vermont lawmaker apologizes for repeatedly pouring water in her colleague’s bag

Updated 3:36 PM CDT, June 18, 2024

https://apnews.com/article/water-bag-vermont-legislature-legislator-morrissey-carroll-2f7a9676e2dca2bc286a8ce2f825c39a

MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — “A Republican state lawmaker from Vermont has apologized for repeatedly pouring water into a Democratic colleague’s bag, after he caught her doing it on video.

State Rep. Mary Morrissey publicly apologized to state Rep. Jim Carroll, colleagues and the citizens of Vermont from the House floor on Monday. Both are from Bennington, a town of about 15,000 in the southwestern corner of the state.

“I am truly ashamed for my actions,” Morrissey said of “her disrespectful conduct” toward Carroll. She said she had apologized directly to Carroll and would be working toward “resolution and restoration through out legislative process.”

In response, Carroll told the chamber that he heard the sincerity in her voice but that he had to be frank, saying: “For five months, I went through this,” and Morrissey had a choice each time she did it.

“It was torment,” he said.”

Well, you know, some people got issues.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

What we're witnessing, IMO, is the catastrophic end stage of Likud Party/Neocon militarism in the Levant.

Not sure what "solution" could have resulted in a less bloody outcome for the European Zionist experiment in Palestine.

A constructive two-state solution should have been imposed years ago-- backed by the U.S. and the UN.

Paul Wolfowitz, Douglas Feith, and the Neocons wrote papers in the 1990s about strategies to use the U.S. military to weaken and destroy Israel's Muslim neighbors-- Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, and Iran-- after a catalyzing "New Pearl Harbor" event.

But the post-9/11 Wolfowitz plan, ultimately, backfired by creating a Shiite axis from Tehran to Baghdad and Damascus-- after Saddam Hussein's Baathist regime was deposed in Iraq.

Hezbollah is aligned with the Tehran-Baghdad-Damascus Axis.  So is Russia.

If full blown war breaks out between Israel and the Moscow-Tehran-Baghdad-Damascus Axis, Lord help us.

Netanyahu will use nukes if he has to.

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

If full blown war breaks out between Israel and the Moscow-Tehran-Baghdad-Damascus Axis, Lord help us.

W.,

I don't know if we are any closer to war then we were in 1973.

Steve Thomas

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

What we're witnessing, IMO, is the catastrophic end stage of Likud Party/Neocon militarism in the Levant.

Not sure what "solution" could have resulted in a less bloody outcome for the European Zionist experiment in Palestine.

A constructive two-state solution should have been imposed years ago-- backed by the U.S. and the UN.

Paul Wolfowitz, Douglas Feith, and the Neocons wrote papers in the 1990s about strategies to use the U.S. military to weaken and destroy Israel's Muslim neighbors-- Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, and Iran-- after a catalyzing "New Pearl Harbor" event.

But the post-9/11 Wolfowitz plan, ultimately, backfired by creating a Shiite axis from Tehran to Baghdad and Damascus-- after Saddam Hussein's Baathist regime was deposed in Iraq.

Hezbollah is aligned with the Tehran-Baghdad-Damascus Axis.  So is Russia.

Hezbollah has 110,00 missiles it could fire at Israel, many of which would pierce the iron dome. There is the possibility of Israel ending up looking much like Gaza. 

But you are right. N will use nukes if he has to, which could lead to a global conflict.

Putin is about to play his plan to shock the West. 

Who knows how this will end? I think the average American voter will conclude Trump is not mentally fit to deal with such a geological crisis. But neither is Biden to a lesser degree because of his "I am a Zionist" allegiance